Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by graeylin
That would be wonderful, if I had an iPhone.

I have an HTC 1 Android. Does this promotion only work for people who use apple products? If so, why couldn't they possibly mention that in the promo?
Here is a link to the Android ones

Someone may have mentioned earlier in the thread that it doesn't work on some earlier Android devices, there have been so many posts now so finding that one to confirm is like looking for a needle in a haystack
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20
Here is a link to the Android ones

Someone may have mentioned earlier in the thread that it doesn't work on some earlier Android devices, there have been so many posts now so finding that one to confirm is like looking for a needle in a haystack
Thanks. I've done that one too (or one that appears very, very similar to it, sent via link from IHG Cares Customer Service Tech.

Turns out, that makes reservations through a web browser on my phone, not a web app.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:20 pm
Suspended

The google play app (Android) was incompatible with my Android. So it will probably work for most but not all Android devices. If you get the app on iTunes or Google Play it is an APP, not a browser. So whoever is telling you that it is a browser a) doesn't know what they are talking about, or b) is trying to placate you because their system is messed up, so they are just saying that "you didn't book with an app" even though they can't confirm one way or the other.

THE SAGA CONTINUES...

IHG - GIVE IT UP. THROW IN THE TOWEL ALREADY! WAVE THE WHITE FLAG! AWARD EVERYONE THE PROMO AND CONCEDE DEFEAT! WE WILL WIN THIS FIGHT!

INTO THE FIGHTS!

I honestly can't believe that it is still so messed up.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
The google play app (Android) was incompatible with my Android. So it will probably work for most but not all Android devices. If you get the app on iTunes or Google Play it is an APP, not a browser. So whoever is telling you that it is a browser a) doesn't know what they are talking about, or b) is trying to placate you because their system is messed up, so they are just saying that "you didn't book with an app" even though they can't confirm one way or the other.

THE SAGA CONTINUES...

IHG - GIVE IT UP. THROW IN THE TOWEL ALREADY! WAVE THE WHITE FLAG! AWARD EVERYONE THE PROMO AND CONCEDE DEFEAT! WE WILL WIN THIS FIGHT!

INTO THE FIGHTS!

I honestly can't believe that it is still so messed up.
Thanks, I knew someone had said they had an issue with it not being compatible.

Forget them throwing the towel in, if they were going to they would have done it by now. The dashboard is slowly starting to update again and some of the smaller issues are starting to iron out.

I'd imagine they will do the download app changes manually (someone said earlier that theirs had changed to one) rather than try and write a script for it and risk it going wrong again. If they do that may take a good few days but at least it would be sorted properly, bearing in mind that anyone signing up now is going to get the correct amount so it will need reprogrammed rather than an overwrite.

As for the app bookings perhaps an option is to video the booking being done - most of us have tablets, second smartphones, webcams etc - if you video it being done - making sure you have the reservation number clearly visible at the end it can be used as back up. Just a thought but it may be useful.

Last edited by chrism20; Oct 24, 2014 at 5:25 pm Reason: Typo
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:42 pm
Suspended

I've already told everyone how to log the app booking. I've mentioned it now at least 2 times:

1.Book w/app
2.Online IHG chat
3.Give them confirmation number
4.Ask to confirm that the reservation was booked w/app
5.Keep copy of chat log

Simple.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by blindman
Sorry, that's the usual Bullsh*t from a "template to appease the customer" by CS who are clueless

TBHO at the minute NO-ONE knows what the heck is going on.

IHG"Care" (most Inappropriate name for Customer service for IHG ) is feeding Bullsh*t to people-if they even communicate at all.

Good News:
Some IT changes are in progress due to the barrage of FT complaints.

Bad News:
They're still messing up the changes so don't expect anything to be sorted for (IMHO) a week or two.

In my case:
Got the goodwil points ^and the bonus points for the Download the app already ^
The promise of it being marked as "Complete" has not occured-Not bothered TBHO.

At the minute I'm up on the deal but TBHO IHGCare is a Joke as is their IT.
Wow wow wow!

My page has suddenly updated! Completely different now! All activity has updated to the correct status, all my tasks are now completed and I have a button to click to choose between 2-nights or the 32,500 bonus points!

I also now have 6 additional bonus offers showing. An extra 20,000 point bonus for completing them all! Only 2 have actual point values to them, 4 of them have 0 point values for actual completion they are:

1) Complete a Review of a hotel - 0 points
2) Use a customized search - 0 points
3) Stay more (stay 3 further nights) - 0 points
4)Book with IHG website - 0 points
5) Book a reward night - 1000 points
6) Last chance - stay the last week of the promotion (24th - 31st Dec 2014).

Sooo... A total for me of 50,000 points for first section and 26,000 points for second section. Both are achievable for me I think.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Additional... I can now see the 'official' terms for the points/free nights when I click the button to choose between the points or nights...

Complete 4 of 11 offers and earn 32,500 bonus points or 2 free nights.

Free Nights earned are applicable only to the room nights and privileges specifically provided by this Promotion and supporting Offers, at IHG’s discretion, and are not comparable with IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night (redeemed by points) or any other room nights. Free Nights earned from Stays, as defined in the Into the Nights terms, completed during Registration must be redeemed by 31 December 2015. Free Nights earned must be claimed by 31 January 2015 or members will be automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion. Free Nights shall be redeemed on first-come and first-served basis. Redemptions must be made 24 hours in advance by logging in to the member account on www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Cancellation or changes must be made 48 hours prior to 6 P.M. of arrival date. Any changes or cancellation after that will be deemed to be a no show, and the Free Night credit will be removed from member's IHG Rewards Club account. Free Nights cannot be exchanged for cash and are not transferrable in the system to other members and guests. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's Free Night reward if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:47 pm

I've already told everyone how to log the app booking. I've mentioned it now at least 2 times:

1.Book w/app
2.Online IHG chat
5.Keep copy of chat log

Simple.
That works as long as it has tracked properly - which as we know has been a problem for some. Either the poster who asked the question or someone else was having an issue with it and live chat were telling them that it was coming through as a browser booking, admittedly not something I have seen with an IHG app personally (Accor's apps are the bloody pits for jumping out the app and into a browser but that's irrelevant here).
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:00 pm
Suspended

I give up.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: IHG Plat,*A Gold, US CP
Originally Posted by travellermatt
Wow wow wow!

My page has suddenly updated! Completely different now! All activity has updated to the correct status, all my tasks are now completed and I have a button to click to choose between 2-nights or the 32,500 bonus points!

I also now have 6 additional bonus offers showing. An extra 20,000 point bonus for completing them all! Only 2 have actual point values to them, 4 of them have 0 point values for actual completion they are:

1) Complete a Review of a hotel - 0 points
2) Use a customized search - 0 points
3) Stay more (stay 3 further nights) - 0 points
4)Book with IHG website - 0 points
5) Book a reward night - 1000 points
6) Last chance - stay the last week of the promotion (24th - 31st Dec 2014).

Sooo... A total for me of 50,000 points for first section and 26,000 points for second section. Both are achievable for me I think.

so once you complete your task and get the option to pick either 2 free nights or points. More challenges will show up?

what if you went above and beyond on the initial part of the promotion. do those get counted towards your extra challenges. Or do you have to treat the 6 extras as a separate promotion?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:02 pm

1.Book w/app
2.Online IHG chat
5.Keep copy of chat log

Simple.
That would work wonderful, except here's how it works for me.

1) Call IHG Customer (don't) Care
2) Talk to Kendall, or Shakira
3) They tell me my previous app was a web browser, and I need to download the app
4) I give them my cell phone, and voila, there appears a text with a link to the app
5) Download the app
6) Cancel all the reservations I just made with it
7) make new ones
8) they tell me "that's a web browser, not the app. Use the app."
9) Rinse, repeat, ad infinitum.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by bchang2001
so once you complete your task and get the option to pick either 2 free nights or points. More challenges will show up?

what if you went above and beyond on the initial part of the promotion. do those get counted towards your extra challenges. Or do you have to treat the 6 extras as a separate promotion?
This I wondered also as I will be well over in nights by the time I get to my final Saturday which should also cover my second weekender.

I guess we will have to wait until someone does that to find out. The rest of it looks fairly easy though and rates between Christmas & New Year can be a bargain in some areas (which I am guessing is the aim)
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by graeylin
That would work wonderful, except here's how it works for me.

1) Call IHG Customer (don't) Care
2) Talk to Kendall, or Shakira
3) They tell me my previous app was a web browser, and I need to download the app
4) I give them my cell phone, and voila, there appears a text with a link to the app
5) Download the app
6) Cancel all the reservations I just made with it
7) make new ones
8) they tell me "that's a web browser, not the app. Use the app."
9) Rinse, repeat, ad infinitum.
The only other thing I can suggest is if you have a family member or good friend that has an iOS device - ask them if you can get the app on their device, book the room and then delete it or they may even have the app already all you have to do is logon with your member number.

I'm out of ideas sorry!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:16 pm

I used a Nexus 4 with the IHG app from the Google Play store - both stays credited to my book a stay with the app with today's refresh. My hurdle didn't change from 1 stay, luckily.

Stays complete Oct 11 and Oct 12, points posted Oct 16 and 17, ITN credit Oct 24.

Everything correctly posted, to my surprise
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Hold on a second everyone. Aren't you supposed to receive the points only AFTER you complete all the challenges AND choose to receive the points, rather than the free night? I, for instance, will be taking 2 free nights - which is far more valuable than the 50K points I'm otherwise being offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.