Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
Originally Posted by Asaro
Same issue. I originally had the login issue, now that I can log in I get zero offers.
very annoying!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:21 am

I thought my offer was okay. After reading this thread, it's pretty clear I got the lame side of the offer.

21,400 Points or 2 Free Night(s)

Complete 5 of 6 offers and earn 21,400 bonus points or 2 free nights

9,200 for 7 nights
2,200 book 3 stays
5,600 stay 3 Saturdays
4,800 stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express
2,000 book 1 stay using Bonus Points Package with breakfast
4,800 download app and book 1 stay
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:32 am

Stay 6 nights - 8800 points
Take survey - 100 points
Stay at 2 Holiday Inns - 4800 points
Download/Use App - 5100 points

Complete 4 out of 5 - 29,200 points or 2 free nights

Questions I have about this:
1) Are all the individual bonus points above awarded regardless of whether you choose points or nights? The landing page makes it appear so ("choose 29,200 or 2 free nights"), but the T&C makes it appear not ("2 free nights or the opportunity to earn at least 50K points" - I would only be making that choice if the individual bonuses were not awarded for choosing the former)

2) Someone above mentioned receiving a confirmation email. Has anyone else received one? I don't even see a registration - just a log in to see your offer

3) Anyone have any guesses how soon after completing the tasks we'll have the option to choose nights or points? I assume you choose once the first sweep after your completion is done?

4) Anyone have any guesses on what "unlock bonus offers" means - both what those offers could be, and how to unlock them.

5) For the mobile app, any way around it if you have Windows phone? Does going to the mobile website work for the purposes of getting the bonus, or will i just have to use a friends iphone/android to complete that?

I think any other questions I had were already posted in the thread. Would be nice if an IHG representative could come and answer them, as they are starting to pile up (wiki with open questions?). IHG T&C vague as always
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by aujusco
I thought my offer was okay. After reading this thread, it's pretty clear I got the lame side of the offer.

21,400 Points or 2 Free Night(s)

Complete 5 of 6 offers and earn 21,400 bonus points or 2 free nights

9,200 for 7 nights
2,200 book 3 stays
5,600 stay 3 Saturdays
4,800 stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express
2,000 book 1 stay using Bonus Points Package with breakfast
4,800 download app and book 1 stay
Well, you can knock yours out in 3 one night Saturday stays at a Holiday Inn Express. Figure $300 give or take for 2 free nights, plus the points is a good deal.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by the hotel bar
2) Someone above mentioned receiving a confirmation email. Has anyone else received one? I don't even see a registration - just a log in to see your offer
I got the standard promotion registration email shortly after signing up.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:46 am

50,000 Points or 2 Free Night(s) Complete 5 of 5 offers and earn 50,000 bonus points or 2 free nights

Points Offer Name
500 Download and book on the IHG App
1,000 Stay more
Stay 3 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide Terms BOOK NOW
1,000 Book with IHG
Book 2 stays directly on the ihg.com web/mobile sites or IHG App Terms BOOK NOW
1,000 Weekender Stay 2 Saturdays
1,000 2 Holiday Inn hotel(s)
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Stay 5 or more nights at any IHG property- 8400 points
(looks like five unique stays rather than five nights if I'm reading the T&C right)
I think one five-night stay should be okay.

From the T&C posted above, we're to get the individual component award points as we complete them, and then after the final one, we get a choice of either the "bonus" points (to top off 50K) or a "free nights" voucher?

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Sep 4, 2014 at 12:00 pm
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by humanoid94
Well, you can knock yours out in 3 one night Saturday stays at a Holiday Inn Express. Figure $300 give or take for 2 free nights, plus the points is a good deal.
Good point. Just noticed the Bonus Points Package with breakfast rate is only for InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn® EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. It makes sense since HIX offers free breakfast.

I don't have a lot of trips planned in the next few months so let's see if I will complete this deal. This is not mattress run worthy.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
I'm finally refusing to get into one of these... they want me to do 32 nights... screw that... I've got 20 on the books and I thought that was a lot..
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by aujusco
I don't have a lot of trips planned in the next few months so let's see if I will complete this deal. This is not mattress run worthy.
If you don't have anything planned then I agree with you, but I am starting to think about three free nights at the IC Times Square in December. I think there might be some arbitrage possibilities here.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Buzzman
I'm finally refusing to get into one of these... they want me to do 32 nights... screw that... I've got 20 on the books and I thought that was a lot..

Good for you -- 32 nights is completely insane!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:25 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
38,000 Points or 3 Free Night(s)
Complete 6 of 7 offers and earn 38,000 bonus points or 3 free nights
21200 Points
Stay 29 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide
14400 Points
Stay at 5 brands
7200 Points
Stay 5 Saturdays at any of our IHG hotel brands
7200 Points
Stay at 5 Holiday Inn hotel(s)
34200 Points
Download and sign in to the IHG App and book a stay. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more.
7200 Points
Book 5 stay(s) including a Friday or Sunday night (stay must include 2 or more nights)
6400 Points
Travel 4 time(s) internationally

I don't think I'll strive to meet any of these goals. But I did remove the IHG app (installed just a few days earlier for testing purpuses) and followed the instructions given for installation, as well as booked a stay. One night for 34200 extra points is not bad...

HTB.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Asaro
OK I can now log into the promo site, but there are 0 offers on my page.
Same here. Just says complete 1 offer and lists nothing. Typical IHG fashion.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Have AAA and Senior rates qualified as permissible rates under past promotions?
Yes.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You get 34,200 points for a single app stay???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.