Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Wireless Road Bangkok [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Hotel Indigo Wireless Road Bangkok [Master Thread]

I've just noticed that the hotel Indigo Bangkok is now showing in the search results (not bookable yet though) as well as a new HIX on Sukhumvit 11. Anyone here knows more about those two hotels and when they are scheduled to open?
Old May 27, 2014, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
This hotel has been on the pipe since 2010...was supposed to open by end of 2012 :

InterContinental Hotels Group has signed a management agreement with Piyasombat Property for the first Hotel Indigo in Southeast Asia. A new development, the Hotel Indigo Bangkok Wireless Road is expected to be completed by the end of 2012.

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news10...nBangkok.shtml

Last edited by nicolas75; May 27, 2014 at 10:28 am
Old May 27, 2014, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by valdor
I've just noticed that the hotel Indigo Bangkok is now showing in the search results (not bookable yet though) as well as a new HIX on Sukhumvit 11. Anyone here knows more about those two hotels and when they are scheduled to open?
The HIX looks to be about 7 stories tall and still has quite a bit of work left. I was in the area last week.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The Indigo location is btw. Plaza Athene hotel (Starwood) and All Seasons Place complex of which the Conrad is part off. Few months ago it still had a way to go.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: *G | OW Sapphire
I had the privilege of being one of the first guests a couple of days after it opened in Jan 2015.
All spot on and a wonderful experience.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
This is just based on my experience of a short stay:

Clientele

The hotel was almost exclusively filled up by mainland Chinese guests (as per 2 staff members), which were not in groups. I had thought that most guests were from other countries like Honk Kong, Singapore or Taiwan.

Pros

- Nice welcome at the Front Desk
- Creative décor
- Small hotel, so I would guess that groups are not very frequent
- Located between the Plaza Athenee and the Conrad, and 2 shopping centers including the new Central Embassy
- GM's offer to take guests along his jogging 3 days a week
- Very generous THB 800++ F&B credit per day per person for IHG Reward Club Platinum members
- Service at breakfast with an attentive F&B Manager (Director?) supervising
- Restaurant food at dinner time (I only selected Thai dishes)
- Nice views from the corner room I was staying in; I was right in front of the garden of the residence of the U.S. Ambassador. I usually see that place from above on its side, when I stay at the Plaza Athenee, but it was more spectacular to have it in front of my window.
- Elevators offering complimentary sauna sessions (no A/C and several 'heating lamps' just above the heads

Cons

- First bellman that came to the taxi was not welcoming, to say the least
- Bellman that brought the luggage in the room left at the door and was going to leave, before I told him to set them up elsewhere, which he graciously did but, after he left, I discovered that there was a luggage space inside the closet
- Shortly after I came in, the bell rang and almost immediately after, a lady entered the room "Oh sorry, they told me that the room was unoccupied". I would think that the best way to find out if a room is occupied or not is to wait for a few seconds, to see if there is an answer to the bell. The lady came back with a bottle of wine and a small gift to apologize again. Appreciated gesture - the matter was closed
- I was told that there was only one suite in the hotel
- There was a large rust color stain near the entrance of my room (the hallways have open walls, therefore without A/C
- Small detail: I could not find a pen in the executive room that I was assigned to, just a pencil
- 3 staff members I talked to were barely speaking any English, but most I talked to were fluent
- Very skin and mouth unfriendly napkins of the restaurant
- Fairly weak offering on the breakfast buffet table
- The service during dinner still needs quite a bit of work (the manager present during breakfast time was not in the restaurant during the time I had dinner)
- I was not credited with the 2,000 pts included in the rate and had to send an email to the IHG RC center to get them
- The experience that I had with the Front Office Manager showed a lack of reliability

Last edited by UASPG; Apr 9, 2015 at 2:33 pm
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
I stayed here last week and found it fairly pleasant. I didn't eat or drink at the hotel so didn't have much interaction with the staff.

The Bellman I had was pretty good I thought. In the elevator he explained where bar/restaurant/pool and gym were and what time they were open etc. UASPG, I also had the doorbell go not long after the Bellman had gone, just as I was getting changed, they opened the door then closed it!! No one said sorry or didn't return.

I had corner room on the other side looking towards Sukhumvit which I enjoyed. The sliding door on the balcony let a bit of noise in though.

I agree about the clientele, one guy enjoyed hocking loogies into the pool overspill/recirculation system! I couldn't go in the pool after that which is a shame as I though it was quite nice up there.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Any recent stays at this property to give some updates particularly from any plats?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Any recent stays at this property to give some updates particularly from any plats?
Now I'm staying. Current Platinum benefit is below (Spire is same too)
This was written in the card provided upon check-in.

* Complimentary local call (except mobile phone)
* Extended check-out until 14:00
* Complimentary weekday newspaper
* Complimentary soft drink in Minibar ^
* Food and Beverage credit THB800++/night/person (cannot be accumulate) ^^^
* Coffee/Tea throughout the day at Metro on Wireless Restaurant. ^
* Room upgrade based upon availability at check-in

Absolutely GREAT deal. Especially, Platinum member should to stay here rather than InterContinental.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:41 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Raynyan
Absolutely GREAT deal. Especially, Platinum member should to stay here rather than InterContinental.
Interesting....I am going to Bangkok for 6 days in January. I guess I will have to include this hotel on my list when making my decision!

Thanks! ^^
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:25 am

Royal Ratchapruek Suite

One and only Suite in this hotel.
Located on 22nd floor. Room No. is #2200.

Old Oct 25, 2015, 2:12 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Any recent Spire stays here? I've never stayed at any Indigo so I don't know what they offer elites.

I know they on the ihg website they are offering a "Free Upgrade" rate, which is only a few dollars more then the cheapest "IHG member" rate. (I've never seen this rate before in all of my bookings).
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
Any recent Spire stays here? I've never stayed at any Indigo so I don't know what they offer elites.

I know they on the ihg website they are offering a "Free Upgrade" rate, which is only a few dollars more then the cheapest "IHG member" rate. (I've never seen this rate before in all of my bookings).
Don't worry, Free Upgrade rate is not expected for IHG Rewards Club member.
Just book IHG Rewards Club member rate. You are Spire member. You will receive great deal in this hotel.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:23 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Raynyan
Don't worry, Free Upgrade rate is not expected for IHG Rewards Club member.
Just book IHG Rewards Club member rate. You are Spire member. You will receive great deal in this hotel.
Is an expectation to be upgraded two levels and unreasonable expectation for a Spire member?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Is an expectation to be upgraded two levels and unreasonable expectation for a Spire member?
I'm not sure this hotel provide two level upgrade. My last stay was just suite booking. Probably, 48sqm executive room is maximum upgrade of this hotel. You know, most of IHG hotels included here provide the same benefit to Spire and Platinum. But don't be negative. This hotel provide excellent benefit to Platinum as I wrote before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.