Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Yes. I've received 10% + 10% rebate 2 years in a row as an Ambassador and IHG credit card holder. Makes for very good value for me in some cases, even with points purchases.

Originally Posted by Troopers
Thanks. Do you know if you receive an additional
10% (20% rebate total) for having the credit card?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by progapanda
Yes. I've received 10% + 10% rebate 2 years in a row as an Ambassador and IHG credit card holder. Makes for very good value for me in some cases, even with points purchases.
Super, thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
I got a renewal offer in the email today - 10k points every time i book a club room, until 31/12:

"As an InterContinental® Ambassador, you have been travelling well wherever the world takes you. Now, in addition to the benefits you already enjoy, upgrade your stay to Club InterContinental®, for an exceptional experience right down to the smallest details. From a private check-in to exclusive Club InterContinental lounge access with delightful gourmet experiences such as complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés, we are here to make your stay unforgettable. Indulge in new luxuries when you renew as an InterContinental Ambassador today, and be rewarded with 10,000 bonus points every time you book a Club InterContinental stay before 31 December. For any enquiries, or to renew your membership over a call, you may contact our Ambassador Service Centre at +44 870 400 9099."

this is on top of the 3 different renewal options of:

Renew for $150 USD and receive 10,000 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points *
Renew for $200 USD and receive 15,000 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points plus a 10% rebate on Reward Nights **
Renew using 24000.0 points and receive 5,000 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:41 pm

what good does Plat Amb do for you?

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Trick only works for existing earned Platinums, as the Gold/Plat status associated with a new ambassador year is related to your earned IHG @Rewards status for the Jan-Dec period in which you actually purchase Ambassador status.

As such if you are qualified Platinum for Jan-Dec and buy/renew Ambassador, you currently get Plat Ambassador, for 12months, and keep Platinum Status even if your stays history would not renew non-Ambassador IHG @Rewards Platinum Status come the next January. As such can be useful for existing Plats who will drop status in January, to buy Ambassador in December and sneak Platnum status for 12months extra for the next Jan-Dec year,even if they will stay in HI/HIW/CP etc but IC branded hotels.

If you are an expiring Plat Amb, whose IHG status would be Gold (or lower) for current IHG Jan-Dec2014 year based on 2013 stay history, renewing Ambassador would drop you to Gold ambassador.

Last edited by writetorich; Nov 6, 2019 at 2:42 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:45 pm

Is the rebate on on INTERCONTINENTAL point bookings , or all bookings such as Kimpton, crown, etc
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by writetorich
Is the rebate on on INTERCONTINENTAL point bookings , or all bookings such as Kimpton, crown, etc
All
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
10x IHG Points When Using Chase IHG Premier Card to Renew Amb?

If I pay my $200 Amb renewal fee using a Chase IHG Premier credit card, do I get 10 points per dollar on the renewal fee for the IHG hotel category, or 1x points per dollar for the "all other" category?

I suspect the answer is 1x because the rules for the 10x point earnings refer to "stays at IHG properties."

I do know that one does not get 10x point earnings when buying IHG points because the vendor is points.com, not Chase.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat., BFD
Originally Posted by Bowgie
If I pay my $200 Amb renewal fee using a Chase IHG Premier credit card, do I get 10 points per dollar on the renewal fee for the IHG hotel category, or 1x points per dollar for the "all other" category?

I suspect the answer is 1x because the rules for the 10x point earnings refer to "stays at IHG properties."

I do know that one does not get 10x point earnings when buying IHG points because the vendor is points.com, not Chase.
Also interested in data points on this. I'm thinking I will get 4x at least, based on my IHG Premier terms for the first year, but I'd rather get 10x.

Also, what points multiplier is applied to the points purchased in points and cash reservations? Thx!
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by AAmlgm8r
Also, what points multiplier is applied to the points purchased in points and cash reservations?
Per my current Chase IHG Premier card statement, the answer is 1x points! I already knew this from prior point earning disappointments. The reason is the vendor is points.com.

It is quite common for Chase to give me 1x points on straight cash-paid stays at IHG properties. That same statement has a $750 stay at the Crowne Plaza Xi'an as 1x points, too. That one I'm going to write in about to request the missing 9x points.

Funniest mistake was my 1x Chase earnings a some years back on the "classic" Chase IHG card for a "Holliday Inn" (spelled exactly like that) located in the south end of South Korea. That time, Chase fixed it. Darn annoying that Chase still can't get its act together on hotel earnings for its cards.

Last edited by Bowgie; Nov 11, 2019 at 8:36 pm Reason: uew
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Bowgie

My strong recollection from last year was 1x regular (other) points. I plan to use a different credit card when I renew next month.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Hi guys, I wanted to sign up for the Intercontinental Ambassador membership. But, there was this error message ""ambassadorEnrollmentFailureException". Have you guys experienced such an error message before? If so, how do you overcome this?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88
If so, how do you overcome this?
Have you tried a different browser?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:05 pm

If I sign up for the Ambassador program at an IC hotel or resort, do I still get the current promotion ("Earn 10,000 bonus points when you enrol in InterContinental Ambassador")? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.