Ambassador Renewal

Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:57 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by Heels05
Yes, you do get the 10% bonus from AMB and Chase. They normally don't post the same day but within a few weeks for me anyway.
Wow that's awesome!

Really considering Ambassador now, do you get 1-year from sign up date or is it some other yearly period?

Do you have to be Ambassador at time of booking or just at time of the hotel stay to stack 10% rebates?

(Already have the CC) Thinking I may upgrade in the fall as i'll have my annual IHG CC free night and booking an Aruba trip for 240K points early 2017... would be nice to get 48K points back
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Wow that's awesome!

Really considering Ambassador now, do you get 1-year from sign up date or is it some other yearly period?

Do you have to be Ambassador at time of booking or just at time of the hotel stay to stack 10% rebates?

(Already have the CC) Thinking I may upgrade in the fall as i'll have my annual IHG CC free night and booking an Aruba trip for 240K points early 2017... would be nice to get 48K points back

The 10% rebate on reward nights for Ambassadors is not available for new Ambassador members. It is one of the benefits for one of the 'renewal' packages. (See post # 56)

mxm135
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:15 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by MXM135
The 10% rebate on reward nights for Ambassadors is not available for new Ambassador members. It is one of the benefits for one of the 'renewal' packages. (See post # 56)

mxm135
Thanks for that info point. Makes sense, and seems like the renewal option is a no brainer with those perks.

So about my other question, do you know how the annual period works as far as start and renewal dates or when is the best time to initially sign up?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Thanks for that info point. Makes sense, and seems like the renewal option is a no brainer with those perks.

So about my other question, do you know how the annual period works as far as start and renewal dates or when is the best time to initially sign up?
Fortunately, I have been an RA since the program started in 2004, so I have never had to renew my Ambassador membership. I last paid for my renewal in 2003, when it was the Six Continents Club (SCC).

I believe that you can renew within 60 days of membership expiry. Hopefully another FT'er will be able to give you the correct answer to your question.

mxm135
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:16 am

It's also worth noting that the 10% AMB redemption rebate applies to all IHG hotels, not just IC hotels.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:09 pm

My Ambassador period runs from 1st October to 31st September so It looks like it's a 12 month period from when you sign up as others have varying expiry dates when looking through various posts.

As to the best time to sign up I would say at least 8 weeks before you have an Intercontinental stay ( allowing for delivery of BOGO Certificate ).
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by ryry2003

As to the best time to sign up I would say at least 8 weeks before you have an Intercontinental stay ( allowing for delivery of BOGO Certificate ).
You might want to make that 8 months before you have an IC stay

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ed-thread.html
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by 21H21J
You might want to make that 8 months before you have an IC stay

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ed-thread.html
By the way, few weeks ago I contacted the AMB desk re the voucher, I told them I would like to use it soon, so they agreed to arrange the voucher to be sent to me to my UK address first.

I received the voucher (without the AMB package) by UPS within 3 weeks of contacting them. So for anyone who still waiting for the AMB package and would like to use the voucher soon, it may be worth to contact the AMB desk to get them to send the voucher to you first.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by MXM135
Fortunately, I have been an RA since the program started in 2004, so I have never had to renew my Ambassador membership. I last paid for my renewal in 2003, when it was the Six Continents Club (SCC).

I believe that you can renew within 60 days of membership expiry. Hopefully another FT'er will be able to give you the correct answer to your question.

mxm135
Yes, my expiration date is October 1, and renewal just became available for me. What I don't know is whether the 10% point rebate kicks in as soon as I renew, or whether that starts on my expiration date, since I did not choose that renewal option last year. Anyone have experience with this?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:57 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I also had the expiration in October 2016 and have just renewed on the website for $200.

I'm a bit concerned: the credit card billing went through, but the email I got from IHG was -- empty. And I still have the option to "Renew now" in my account.

Did anyone experience this? I'll wait for a couple of days, then I'll get in contact with IHG if necessary.

HTB.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:04 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by htb
I'm a bit concerned: the credit card billing went through, but the email I got from IHG was -- empty. And I still have the option to "Renew now" in my account.

Did anyone experience this?
Yes, that's typical. Once they manually process the renewal (give it 1-3 business days) you'll get another e-mail confirming the renewal, and you'll also see a line appear appear in your account activity.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:13 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dw
Yes, that's typical. Once they manually process the renewal (give it 1-3 business days) you'll get another e-mail confirming the renewal, and you'll also see a line appear appear in your account activity.
They were fast. I got the confirmation within about 2 hours.

So far so good. Now why did they include my 4-digit PIN in this plain-text email??? I'll open a new thread for this issue.

HTB.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
By the way, few weeks ago I contacted the AMB desk re the voucher, I told them I would like to use it soon, so they agreed to arrange the voucher to be sent to me to my UK address.

I received the voucher (without the AMB package) by UPS within 3 weeks of contacting them. So for anyone who still waiting for the AMB package and would like to use the voucher soon, it may be worth to contact the AMB desk to get them to send the voucher to you first.

Well consider yourself lucky. I did exactly what you did in late June as I have a stay at the IC Bali starting today.

They mailed the certificate on 3 July supposedly, at least that's the day off the ominous entry in my AMB account activity.

Nothing until yesterday. The Ambassador center tried to negotiate with the hotel, but they insisted on the physical voucher. I got a whole bunch of points instead.

Luckily a friend didn't need his certificate and gave me his (I had done that for him before too). My second night charge for a Club room would have been 600$ as it is high season. Autsch
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
I renewed Amb today (expiry Sep) using the 200US option with 15000 points and 10% discount on redemptions.

Got a funny confirmation mail from IHG now with title "=?UTF-8?Q??=" and no contents in it.

I am curious when the prolongation appears in my account data and I get the renewal package. Last time it took 4 or 6 months I cant remember anymore.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by submonte
I renewed Amb today (expiry Sep) using the 200US option with 15000 points and 10% discount on redemptions.

Got a funny confirmation mail from IHG now with title "=?UTF-8?Q??=" and no contents in it.

I am curious when the prolongation appears in my account data and I get the renewal package. Last time it took 4 or 6 months I cant remember anymore.
I got a confirmation mail today by Ambassador Service (That funny empty mail above was from IHG Rewards Club I just saw). They ask for address clarification. Well, I do have a German office address and an Austrian home address in my IHG Rewards Club account. Maybe they got confused with it.

Dear Mr.,

Warm greetings from the InterContinental Ambassador Service Center! It is with great pleasure to assist our Spire Elite Ambassador members like you.

We would like to acknowledge receipt of your Ambassador Renewal. However, we are yet to process your status renewal since our records and your preferred address does not match.

In this regard, kindly provide us your preferred mailing address following the format below to ensure proper receipt of your portfolio. Upon receipt of this information, we will process your renewal immediately. You will then receive your Ambassador portfolio in approximately seven weeks.

Company Name:
Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
City/ Post Town:
Province:
Postal Code:

We look forward to your response. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly.

Best regards,

Christine A. Jacinto
Customer Care Representative
IHG Rewards Club
www.ihgrewardsclub.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.