Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ariell
is it only rabate on IC or all hotels?
All hotel redemptions.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I renewed my AMB status on 5/24 this year. The options I was presented were:

1. Renew for $150 USD and receive 10,000* bonus IHG® Rewards Club points
2. Renew for $200 USD and receive 15,000* bonus IHG® Rewards Club points plus a 10%** rebate on Reward Nights
3. Or, if you wish to renew your Ambassador status using IHG® Rewards Club points
Renew using 24,000 of your IHG® Rewards Club points and receive 5,000* bonus points

I chose #2 for the bonus 10% rebate on IHG points. However, when I review my points balance, I see this:

May 24, 2015|Other|Ambassador Renewal|0 pts.|0 pts.

As you can see, I didn't get the 15K bonus points. Should I call IHG AMB program? Or try online chatting with them?
Originally Posted by Fanjet
No. It is an online redemption voucher that you wil receive with your packet in the mail. Once you go online with the code, the points credit immediately.
I also received the same offer and responded as the OP on the same date. I did not receive any online redemption voucher in my PA Card package. I've been waiting for the points to credit, nothing so far.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Chang11
Quote:
No. It is an online redemption voucher that you wil receive with your packet in the mail. Once you go online with the code, the points credit immediately.

I also received the same offer and responded as the OP on the same date. I did not receive any online redemption voucher in my PA Card package. I've been waiting for the points to credit, nothing so far.
I think there has been a bit of confusion here. It is actually just a 18 numbers code on your AMB welcome letter.

At least for me, I have never received a separate bonus voucher for my AMB renewal. It has always been written on the letter.

I hope you still have the letter, if so have a look, it should be there.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
I think there has been a bit of confusion here. It is actually just a 18 numbers code on your AMB welcome letter.

At least for me, I have never received a separate bonus voucher for my AMB renewal. It has always been written on the letter.
Yes. Thank you. I should not have called it a voucher as it is a redemption code on the welcome letter and not a separate voucher like the BOGO included in the packet. However, one still has to redeem the code online in order for the points to post. IHG does not do it automatically.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
If i booked three rooms using points, should i expect 10% of the points back for one room or all three rooms with this ambassador renewal offer?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:07 pm

I don't know the official line on this but I received the 10% redemption points for the 2 rooms I had booked.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by ryry2003
I don't know the official line on this but I received the 10% redemption points for the 2 rooms I had booked.
What was the time frame in which you got the 10% redemption?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:53 pm

What was the time frame in which you got the 10% redemption?
I got all my 10% redemption points in one go about 4 weeks after my first stay, end of June, and 2 weeks after my last stay, middle of July.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
When I try to renew my Ambassador status, I get a confirmation email saying it is renewed however the link to renew still appears under my Ambassador status and it still shows the same expiry date. Is that normal?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, Accor Plat, SPG/Carlson Gold
I am going to renew my AMB status that will expire March this year. If I go with the 10% rebate option, what's the 12 month period that I can receive rebate on rewards nights? It is from today to 12 month later (Jan 2017), or March 2016 to Feb 2017?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shocky
When I try to renew my Ambassador status, I get a confirmation email saying it is renewed however the link to renew still appears under my Ambassador status and it still shows the same expiry date. Is that normal?
Yes. Give it a couple of days. You should actually receive a second confirmation e-mail soon (that is generated by Ambassador customer service and not one by computer upon payment online).
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kircheis7
I am going to renew my AMB status that will expire March this year. If I go with the 10% rebate option, what's the 12 month period that I can receive rebate on rewards nights? It is from today to 12 month later (Jan 2017), or March 2016 to Feb 2017?
IIRC, date of renewal to 12 months forward. Not the membership year. And if I understand others' experiences correctly, it is the date time frame when you redeem the award points which matters, not the dates of the award stay. I always renew with the 10% option; and when I first signed up for the 10% rebate option, I had no impending award reservations in the future. But I thought someone on this forum posted that they had made some award reservations before signing up for the 10% plan (and the stays took place afterwards), and those did not get the 10% rebate. I suppose if one found themselves in that situation, they could cancel and rebook.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:08 am

Is the 10% rebate for all IHG properties or just IC?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the 10% rebate for all IHG properties or just IC?
All. Up to 100,000 points rebated (which means 1 million points redeemed for award stays). Plus, you get 15K points for signing up for that option. It's actually the reason why I keep renewing my Ambassador membership.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Plus, you get 15K points for signing up for that option. It's actually the reason why I keep renewing my Ambassador membership.
Uh, I have overlooked this, now I start to catch the ball. Is this only for RENEWAL, not for new Ambassadors?
With a little math, actually renewal becomes "free"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.