FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by N1AK
Sounds like attributing to malice what could be explained by incompetence. I got a pack when I joined Ambassador, then another pack about a month after when I made Platinum. Both packs had a AMB weekend voucher (alas only one 5k voucher), so it doesn't seem like they're being stingy with vouchers by intention.
That's good. My issue is that my year is a few months from the end and so the window to use the voucher will be very short. It seems odd to me that having this issue gone on for over 6 months that sending out the vouchers manually wouldn't have been possible. Unless, of course, they don't want us to have much time to use them.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:53 am

Latest Response from Intercontinental

I have just received this from Intercontinental after I emailed them yesterday asking where my Ambassador Welcome pack was:

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for taking time to contact InterContinental Ambassador Service Center regarding your Spire Ambassador account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We understand that portfolio is important to our Ambassador member. Our third party vendor is experiencing unforeseen production challenges on materials (Weekend Night Certificate, Welcome Letter) showing members current status (Spire). Hence, the delay in delivering our valued members' portfolios.

We sincerely apologize for any frustration this situation may have incurred.

Please know that we are in the process of contacting our vendor to follow-up on the status of your membership kit. Rest assured that an e-mail communication will be sent to you once an update is received.

Further, we understand that you wish to use your Weekend Night Certificate within the validity of your membership. In this regard, should you decide to use your certificate, please let us know of the stay details so we can check the availability and check further with the hotel if they can honor the reservations even without the physical certificate. Regrettably, we still cannot guarantee that this will be approved by the hotel.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:51 am

got also news)

"Concerning your member materials, we would like to confirm that we've been experiencing production problems recently, and are working hard to get said issue resolved as soon as possible.

Please be assured that all affected members with delayed Ambassador materials will be mailed by January 2016 and will contain your card and Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate. The weekend night voucher will be valid from date of issue."
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Markie
That's good. My issue is that my year is a few months from the end and so the window to use the voucher will be very short. It seems odd to me that having this issue gone on for over 6 months that sending out the vouchers manually wouldn't have been possible. Unless, of course, they don't want us to have much time to use them.
The one I received with my Plat Ambassador card back in November was valid until the end of 12 2016 (the prior one was 10 2016). From my experience I doubt they'll send you a voucher with less than a years validity.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I got another version of this:

Thank you for your email.

We would like to confirm that we've been experiencing production problems recently, and are working hard to get said issue resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we have extended your status to a further five (5) months as customer courtesy. Your Ambassador membership is now valid until 01 January 2017.

Please be assured we will update our members immediately as soon as new information comes in regarding your member materials.

Alternatively, you may choose to print a copy of your Platinum Ambassador card online at https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/account/printCard and click on "Print Member Card" link at the left part of the page. This provisional card will guarantee receipt of your benefits when staying at IC Hotels.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this matter has caused. Should you have further questions, please contact us at +44 (0) 20 33 499 034.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Reviving this thread . . .

I ponied up to renew Ambassador back in September/early October and STILL don't have the kit. I did get an email a month or so ago apologizing for the delay, but no kit. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by JNelson113
Reviving this thread . . .

I ponied up to renew Ambassador back in September/early October and STILL don't have the kit. I did get an email a month or so ago apologizing for the delay, but no kit. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat.
first thing to do is to make another inquiry. as more often you remind them your staks get higher to receive more months of complimentary status extension. Expect something between 3-5 month of extended ambassador validity.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I forget now, when you renew do you get your points right away or do you have to wait for the package.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I have not received my new kit since my renewal ... in October 2015.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I forget now, when you renew do you get your points right away or do you have to wait for the package.
Points come in a voucher in the package.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 336
Points come in a voucher in the package.
Thanks for that, forgot if its posted or in the package. Cheers
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Have a question related to Ambassador status, if you buy status this month, is it good until Dec 2016, or Jan 2017? Basically good for 12 months or 12 months and current month?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador
Not sure if this is against forums rules, I tried looking but can't find it.

I have a free weekend Ambassador certificate I won't be able to use expires in April, going to put up for sale but thought I'd check here first if anyone is interested since they haven't received theirs, or ar going to try to use another one - since that seems to work, based on what I've read here.. I have over 1,000 positive feedback on Ebay so I can be trusted, I could put up private item on there if you are worried about who selling to you! PM me.

Don't think I'll be renewing membership since there are only two Intercontinental near me and when I traveled with three plp they didn't even have a room to upgrade us to, so haven't gotten much value for membership.

Last edited by lablelarry; Jan 14, 2016 at 12:22 pm
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by lablelarry
Not sure if this is against forums rules, I tried looking but can't find it.

I have a free weekend Ambassador certificate I won't be able to use expires in April, going to put up for sale but thought I'd check here first if anyone is interested since they haven't received theirs, or ar going to try to use another one - since that seems to work, based on what I've read here.. I have over 1,000 positive feedback on Ebay so I can be trusted, I could put up private item on there if you are worried about who selling to you! PM me.

Don't think I'll be renewing membership since there are only two Intercontinental near me and when I traveled with three plp they didn't even have a room to upgrade us to, so haven't gotten much value for membership.
they are available on EBay, Spiff banned them in Coupon Connection, here on FT, about a year back, so wouldn't recommend attempting to trade openly in the forums.

You could always try Milepoint/InsideFlyer, where you can trade them^
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by canesfan
Have a question related to Ambassador status, if you buy status this month, is it good until Dec 2016, or Jan 2017? Basically good for 12 months or 12 months and current month?
12 months + current

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.