Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lorcancoyle
Print Wikipost

"AMB pack not received" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:42 am
Suspended

Is there some sort of consumer advocate program that oversees these hotel chains to ensure they dealing fair with customers?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
you'd think they cld upload the BOGO to your account, and have it book similar to how you wld a reward night, or any free night for that matter (other than the ITTN nights, that have disappeared)
Indeed
I posted on their Facebook page and got the same answer so they are happy for the world to know this is how they treat new Ambassadors
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Indeed
I posted on their Facebook page and got the same answer so they are happy for the world to know this is how they treat new Ambassadors
it's odd isn't it.

given it couldn't be too difficult as an IT fix, i assume the disappearance of the ITTN free nights was an effective tactic in their overall strategy to mitigate the % uptake.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:38 am
Suspended

Still waiting on my damn package. These people are truly incompetent.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
For crying out loud, how hard can it be to finalize the "design" of a bloody plastic card? And while they are at it this time around I hope they put a proper service phone number on it and not some s*x hotline. Spire status which was introduced ages ago as an excuse for their incompetence in managing this process and the vendor providing the service is just mind boggling. Plus a Platinum Ambassador kit by IHG's response and logic should be unaffected, but mine is outstanding for over 3 months already (I only made Spire on Dec 28 so that wouldn't have been considered).

Those FWNC better have 10+ months validity at a minimum or some people are going to flip. The incompetence that IHG Rewards displays is staggering. "Amateurs" doesn't even come close to describe it. Utterly, utterly useless. How about they put 20+K points as a service recovery into every affected members account? At least that would show that they are actually serious about making up for the disaster and not just showing us paying customers the "figurative middle finger" by giving such rubbish answers via their customer service channel for months already.

Last edited by demue; Jan 7, 2016 at 2:58 am
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:57 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by demue
For crying out loud, how hard can it be to finalize the "design" of a bloody plastic card? And while they are at it this time around I hope they put a proper service phone number on it and not some s*x hotline. Spire status which was introduced ages ago as an excuse for their incompetence in managing this process and the vendor providing the service is just mind boggling. Plus a Platinum Ambassador kit by IHG's response and logic should be unaffected, but mine is outstanding for over 3 months already (I only made Spire on Dec 28 so that wouldn't have been considered).

Those FWNC better have 10+ months validity at a minimum or some people are going to flip. The incompetence that IHG Rewards displays is staggering. "Amateurs" doesn't even come close to describe it. Utterly, utterly useless. How about they put 20+K points as a service recovery into every affected members account? At least that would show that they are actually serious about making up for the disaster and not just showing us paying customers the "figurative middle finger" by giving such rubbish answers via their customer service channel for months already.
I am also awaiting mine since August. Already booked an AMB WEEKEND for April. Lets hope it arrives in time
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by jedicat666
I am also awaiting mine since August. Already booked an AMB WEEKEND for April. Lets hope it arrives in time
I waiting also since August. When I did an inquiry about the missing package in November I found the next day a strange code in the account statement, which after some time (I guess it was a month) turned into clear text saying "Replacement card". As an optimist I would say they are aware of the problem and will, when the package is finally sent, add some compensation. In previous times this was a 10000 points voucher instead for a 5000 one e.g.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:38 am
Suspended

They're not designing a card. They're redesigning a loyalty program.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsk1973
They're not designing a card. They're redesigning a loyalty program.
The reason the packages are delayed is because of the card making.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:40 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
I waiting also since August. When I did an inquiry about the missing package in November I found the next day a strange code in the account statement, which after some time (I guess it was a month) turned into clear text saying "Replacement card". As an optimist I would say they are aware of the problem and will, when the package is finally sent, add some compensation. In previous times this was a 10000 points voucher instead for a 5000 one e.g.
You will probably get two packages with one 5000 point voucher each. And when you credit both to your account they will close it and confiscate all your points because you are "abusing the system".

HTB.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Plus a Platinum Ambassador kit by IHG's response and logic should be unaffected, but mine is outstanding for over 3 months already (I only made Spire on Dec 28 so that wouldn't have been considered).
I received a Platinum Ambassador kit yesterday from a December renewal, so things are working at some level....
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well lucky you. Nothing here from a October 2015 renewal (was Plat Amb back then) other then that they took my money of course.

Last edited by demue; Jan 8, 2016 at 1:07 am
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:54 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Well lucky you. Nothing here from a October 2015 renewal (was Plat Amb back then) other then that they took my money of course.
Mine is still missing from mid-2015 and they're saying it's on a Priority List! (Presumably the same list they use for Upgrades!)
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by Markie
Mine is still missing from mid-2015 and they're saying it's on a Priority List! (Presumably the same list they use for Upgrades!)
Paid in August, still not package. Haven't asked for it as I don't need it yet.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
it's odd isn't it.

given it couldn't be too difficult as an IT fix, i assume the disappearance of the ITTN free nights was an effective tactic in their overall strategy to mitigate the % uptake.
Sounds like attributing to malice what could be explained by incompetence. I got a pack when I joined Ambassador, then another pack about a month after when I made Platinum. Both packs had a AMB weekend voucher (alas only one 5k voucher), so it doesn't seem like they're being stingy with vouchers by intention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.