Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Intercontinental New Orleans

Intercontinental New Orleans

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior. Hospitality Suite upgrade showed on my account on the way to the hotel and I was given a Queen Palor Suite with lounge access upon check-in.

How are the rooms?
2 rooms joined together with two bathrooms, wet bar, two stocked minibars, and two flat-screen tvs.

How is the exec. lounge?
I only used it for evening hors d'oeuvres. A little on the small side, but quiet. There is an open bar with liquor but you need to ask the attendant for wine and beer. The food selection was decent (coconut shrimp disappeared very quickly), but there were no crackers for the cheese selection.

What was your welcome gift?
Bottle of red wine.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
*upgrade
*2 minibars
*Club lounge
*Great location directly across the street from Luke and a 5 minute walk from the French Quarter

Bad
The minibars weren't the nicest looking and didn't have the biggest selection. Very little juice and not a great selection of beer.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Amazing value for the price paid.

Would you return?
I can't wait to return. Although this was my first visit here, it does seem like they are upgrading the TVs and rooms from the previous reviews that I've read.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 7:06 pm

InterContinental Le Grand Paris

Yes, very

Booked AP Executive which shortly thereafter showed as Junior Suite and then received a Prestige Suite at check-in

Intercontinental-branded coffee mug, tin of biscuits, small box of macaroons, 2 bottles of Vittel water as well as a fruit basket.

How are the rooms?
Modern and spacious. No sign of an Ipod dock as apparently found in other rooms. Well stocked minibar. First time I've experienced a suite with no toilet in the main bathroom (it's in the guest bathroom near the room entrance).

How is the exec. lounge?
An impressive operation. Good breakfast (with eggs to order) and evening canape selections (including caviar on two nights). The only IC lounge I know of that offers an open bar for 3.5 hours (1830-2200). Super friendly and helpful staff. The split level allows guests to dine either in the dining room downstairs or in a more relaxed lounge room setting upstairs.

What was good?
Everything

What was bad?
Absolutely nothing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Paid stay and worth every euro....one of my best IC stays in recent memory especially after the disappointment of HK and Sydney. Will stay here again for sure.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 1:31 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
IC Sydney

Yes, very

Opera View booked for BOGO stay, plus paid stay. Superior booked for points stay. Consecutive bookings over a 6-day period - BOGO and paid upgraded to include Club, Superior upgraded to Opera View room (paid for Club).

Bottle of red wine (swopped for white), 2 bottles of water as well as a fruit basket.

How are the rooms?
Good size, with window seat providing lovely view of the bridge and Opera House. Also a sofa. Bed a little soft for our taste (in common with most ICs). Somewhat dated decor but all in very good condition. The view is the star of the show.

How is the exec. lounge?
On the 32nd floor (reached by stairs or dedicated lift from 31st). Superb panoramic views of the harbour from bridge to Manly, and across city. Breakfast selection is OK but a bit limited. Eggs cooked to order, other hot food on servery. Evening cocktails 5-7pm, drinks served by waiting staff, food self-serve. Nice selection of cold and hot snacks. Staff very pleasant and knowledgeable. Club manager recommended a restaurant for us (The Dining Room at the PH - very good) and made the booking on our behalf.

What was good?
Location (on the incline from Circular Quay); easy access to harbour and a 10 min walk to shopping mall.
Pleasant staff
Excellent Christmas dinner at Cafe Opera
Club lounge

What was bad?
Nothing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Definitely
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:21 pm

Intercontinental Rome De La Ville

InterContinental Rome De La Ville

Yes

Booked with best rate guarantee, received one of the few suites with terrace with view over rome.

Here some pictures:
http://www.youhavebeenupgraded.blogs...a-ville-4.html

View:
http://www.youhavebeenupgraded.blogs...a-ville-5.html

How are the rooms?
The view was great

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge

Red wine, bottle champagne (christmas gift)

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

Good
  • Upgrade
  • View
Bad
Nothing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Best Price Guarantee!

Would you return?
Yes
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:04 pm

IC Wellington NZ

Status = RA ( referred )

Booked = Standard Queen. Upgraded to King Club ( 9th. floor - same floor as Club Lounge ) I would describe the room as "small". City view - no partial 'water' view.

Welcome Gift = Tray of nine ( 9 ) pieces fine chocolate; 1 x 600 mls. sparkling NZ water ( glass bottle ), and a silver-colured metal IC keyring in black presentation box. Hand-signed Welcome Card from GM ( acknowledging RA ).

Arrived in PM, and intend to Depart around midday, so early / late check in / out not assessable.
Concierge friendly, and gave a very good tip for a reasonably priced tour of city etc.

Club lounge: I agree with virtually every review I have read, that this particular Club Lounge is very small, and gets to capacity in a matter of a few minutes into 'Twilight Drinks' at 17:30 hrs.
I was rather disappointed, that there is NO hot food selections served. each guest will receive one 'Chef's Tasting Plate' offering - which generally can be consumed in three bites !! After that, there is a 'basic' cheeze plate; spicy corn chips and dips, and a few nut selections. THAT'S IT !!!
However, this was somewhat offset by 'Afternoon Tea' served from 14:30 hrs. ( not sure for how long - an hour I think ). Selection of sandwiches and nice little desert single-serve cakes & tarts. The coffee was quite good as well ...
I'm sure I was offered the choice of Club or main restaurant for breakfast, as the Club only serves the 'light' continental breakfast option. ( will find out tomorrow at check out, if they are going to 'try' and charge me for it )

Mini-Bar: In a word - Disappointing. No spirits at all. No French bubbly ( a local NZ sparkling, they sell for $NZ30.50 )
Basically, a local wine & beer offering, with a few soft drinks and juices. Basic chocolate bars and cookie.
Not restocked after first day ( not a worry, as not much consumed ). Second & third day, they did partially restock. No additional water for bedside x 2 days ( only the mini-bar water replaced ).

Overall, a little less than what I experienced at Sydney IC.
Will report back later, as to how NYE goes at the hotel's 'special dinner' and Club Lounge afterwards ...

***** SORRY - just realised I've posted this in wrong place. Meant to be under 'RA Experiences' ... Moved it to the right forum, FLYGVA, IHG Forum

***** UPDATE: At Check Out, I had no issue over taking the full buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant ( as opposed to attending the Club Lounge for 'continental' breakfast ).
Also, no attempt to charge for mini-bar consuption ( over four days, we consumed several half bottles of wine, water and a few beers ).
upon check in, I placed my 'folder' of AMB / PP vouchers on the table - sifting through the ones about to expire. The staff member ( ? assistant manager ) offered to take three vouchers in exchange for three nights free ( stayed four nights - paid for only the first night )
So, total cost for a very relaxing leisure stay of four nights in a Club access room ( with all benefits ) - to include two dinners, four full breakfasts, and a three hour city tour - cost me just over $NZ600. ( about $AU510. )

An similiar stay at IC Sydney was going to be in the order of up to $6,000. ( min. three nights @ $1,600. a night, plus the cost of meals / tour ).

Even paying for two airfares over to Wellington, we were so much better off. Pity they cancelled the midnight fireworks ( NYE ) due to high winds. The Club was going to be open for the view ( but no service ! )

Last edited by 404; Jan 2, 2013 at 4:41 am Reason: moved this post to the RA forum
Old Dec 31, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
IC San Francisco ________________________________________

IC SF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes

Booked very good rate for lowest level room, got a Premier view room.

How are the rooms?
Was upgraded to Premier view room, they are to small, actually prefer the club rooms or regular rooms. I wouldnt be happy if I paid for this type of room, as it isnt anything worth the extra money. You could see the very tip top of the Golden Gate.

How is the exec. Lounge?
Good breakfast and evening selection. Crab cakes and Shrimp skewers one night….. I return for the lounge….nice start to any San Francisco evening!

Good
•Price…..great!!
Well stocked mini-bar

Bad
•Not a fan of the Premier view rooms, will look for JR suite next time

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?Would you return?
Good overall value, I stay here for personal getaways

Last edited by shawntobi; Dec 31, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.