Busted, Uh... Roll of honor for busted Plats

Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: IHG PC Plat
IHG Plat

I called up last night & they too said it was a mistake that I was sent a platinum card & letter.

Perhaps someone can get a nice pdf version of the letter hosted somewhere so people can send it to IHG?

I spoke to the rewards club & they eventually agreed they should honour the card & letter they sent. So they will put you back on plat if you were sent a letter/card.

Logged in this morning & back to Plat.

Rawy
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Non-Rev Flyer
I was also downgraded to Gold after receiving the letter giving status through 2014. When I called, I was told to email a screen shot of the letter. I did this and I was given back my Platinum status.

As far as putting a PDF version for other people, each letter is personalized with their first name. I think they would catch on pretty quick if the same screen shot and name was used for people.

But if you're lucky enough to have saved the copy, then you shouldn't have a problem getting back your status like I did.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Is having the 2014 card enough to document that the letter was likely received? I have a 2014 Platinum card but didn't keep the letter.

It seems like it may not be enough given other reports here, but perhaps someone has had better luck since then?

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 21, 2014 at 2:51 am
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:23 am

Plat to gold also...

I've never asked IHG for a status match before. My understanding is they'll do it once. Does that mean i could just call them up and match to my HH Diamond and get Plat back for 2014?

Matters to me as I plan to have quite a few stays in asia this year (or, a ton of stays if the right PB hotels pop up). Plat actually matters in asia from my experience.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
I am another one of those with a drop from Platinum, but unlike others I went down to Club, not unexpected but like everyone else here the card says EXP 2014, and I received a brochure with the letter, I think I may have thrown away the letter but I still have the brochure telling us how good Platinum is, I will keep looking for the letter but I don't like my chances.

What surprises me is that Hilton at least runs your status through to 31 March 2014, good for them, as I do about 10-20 hotel stays a year not a lot by FT standards but a bit of status will sway my choice of hotel. Hilton Gold and above got you free breakfast and now free wifi, PC platinum relatively easy to get but no extra benefits.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:58 am

I was dropped plat to gold, so emailed them a shot of my HH account for status match. With in 2 days got a reply, back to plat, but they made it clear it lasts until 31st Dec 2014.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Almost as though they've second guessed extending platinum, so this is their "big chance" to undo it! I'm traveling, so won't know whether I saved the letter until tomorrow.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by George8052
I was dropped plat to gold, so emailed them a shot of my HH account for status match. With in 2 days got a reply, back to plat, but they made it clear it lasts until 31st Dec 2014.
Thanks.

I'll look up the status match email info and do the same.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by big_mac
You must have imagined it!
I found the letter, but sadly my letter has different first 2 paragraphs. No mention about extended to 2014. But still the card has expiry of 2014.

I will send email to don berg. Any idea of his email?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by LiviLion
Been downgraded to gold despite having got the new card and letter confirming my status in 2014 as platinum. The letter has long since been recycled.

I've got an email conversation going with IHG at the moment requesting I get my platinum status back, waiting to hear back from them.

I was only about 6k points short of earning platinum so would have got that it I hadn't got the letter.

I've been a platinum since 2006 with probably in the region of 550+ nights in those 8 years. Whilst not as high as some on here it's still a lot.
So, I wrote back saying I don't have the letter anymore but explained I had received it and how I wouldn't have let my membership drop by only being a few thousand points short.

Got a mail back today confirming I have been reinstated at platinum which has been actioned already.

Happy that this was dealt with pretty quickly. I imagine the letter issue has been circulated to the supervisors @ IHG now so hopefully you can get a quick resolution like I did.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:09 am

I just sent an email to Don Berg telling him I am very unhappy with this stupidity. So far, the email has not bounced back.... Let's see...
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by lingua101
I just sent an email to Don Berg telling him I am very unhappy with this stupidity. So far, the email has not bounced back.... Let's see...
Can you please tell me how many nights (qual) you had in 2013?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by olegator
I cannot find that information any more from the website
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Originally Posted by olegator
In my case I was very short (not sure how to see the 2013 YTD nights but probably stayed only 50%). However IMO that is not relevant. After receiving the notification that I was extended through 2014, I stayed mostly at other chains. Maybe that is what everyone did, and thus why they are reversing the offer, because it did not achieve their intended result. But from my vantage point, I should have had the choice based on their communication.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by lingua101
I cannot find that information any more from the website
You can see you last years stays at the mobile site m.ihg.com in fact I can see all my previous bookings back to 2012. You do have to count up the nights yourself though.

Also, whilst you are at it, put a reminder in your calender to log in to your reward programs on the 31st Dec and copy the screen. You never know when you may next need proof of stays etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.