Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by db1234db1234
Is Beaumont, CA an easy drive to the Palm Springs, CA area? Close enough to do touristy things without feeling like you're in the car all the time? Only have 3 days side trip from LA.

Another possibility is San Diego Staybridge Suites in Mira Mesa. Never been to CA before. Staying in LA but want to detour for a weekend. First preference was Palm Springs (already have a paid reservation there). Beaumont or San Diego for a first time CA visitor???
Appears to me to be the Rancho Bernardo Staybridge Suites...not the one in Sorrento Mesa.

Beaumont is not close to Palm Springs. You'd be doing a lot of driving. Same for Rancho Bernardo if you're planning on visiting the Downtown San Diego area.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:39 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Seems IHG have abandoned Oceania - again.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
quite a useless list - just 1 IC, and not too many options for Europe.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I've just finished the map for this preview list, I hope that some will find it useful! I can't embed directly to the forum but you may view it here: Weekend Blitz - Preview: IHG / PriorityClub PointBreaks List October – November 2014

I have also color coded the properties based upon brand.

If you see any properties that have been misplaced please let me know.

Again, the full map is accessible here: Weekend Blitz - Preview: IHG / PriorityClub PointBreaks List October – November 2014
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:32 am
Suspended

Well, I am unable to travel there during this time-frame, but it seems to me that the with so few chain hotels in Israel, the Crowne Plaza Jerusalem for $30.00 - $35.00 a night is real value. ^
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
Originally Posted by db1234db1234

Another possibility is San Diego Staybridge Suites in Mira Mesa. Never been to CA before. Staying in LA but want to detour for a weekend. First preference was Palm Springs (already have a paid reservation there). Beaumont or San Diego for a first time CA visitor???
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Appears to me to be the Rancho Bernardo Staybridge Suites...not the one in Sorrento Mesa.
The Staybridge Suites in Rancho Bernardo is convenient for the Safari Park if that would be something you'd want to visit.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
The Staybridge Suites in Rancho Bernardo is convenient for the Safari Park if that would be something you'd want to visit.
Thanks everyone. I think I'll stick with my paid reservation in the Palm Springs area. Beaumont is tempting to spend 15,000 pts and save over $400 but with only 3 days, I think I'll stay close to Palm Springs.

San Diego was an option at Rancho Bernardo but think I want to see more stuff in PSP. Joshua Tree, tram, hikes, etc. Again, staying in LA for the week so want t get out in nature for the weekend.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I was hoping for Shanghai (or surrounding area) hotels, Zhenjiang CP and Xuzhou CP for my upcoming trip. No luck

The list for Europe is hopeless.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: IHG (Spire), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Lifetime Gold); Hyatt (Globalist)
Random use of 1 night for me this time... Candlewood Suites Greenville airport - ......!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Jerusalem could be useful in the expensive city.
Add Amman CP while in the area !
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
I think the Rancho Bernardo location is a good opportunity for anyone visiting SoCal. You can fly into Ontario and rent a car. It is close to the Safari Park/wild animal park. Once you get on the freeway I-15 the beach and downtown aren't too far. It might look far on a map but it doesn't take too long. You are also closer to the beaches in La Jolla and to the north which are very nice. If you like the Old West, Poway can be interesting.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
I will definitely use Jerusalem. Amman, eh, don't wanna be snatched by some ISIS people...

Some dates in Jerusalem (Like October 10-13) are blacked out.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
I've just finished the map for this preview list, I hope that some will find it useful! I can't embed directly to the forum but you may view it here: Weekend Blitz - Preview: IHG / PriorityClub PointBreaks List October – November 2014

I have also color coded the properties based upon brand.

If you see any properties that have been misplaced please let me know.

Again, the full map is accessible here: Weekend Blitz - Preview: IHG / PriorityClub PointBreaks List October – November 2014
Thank you! was waiting for this, very useful ^
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
It's live now!
Get the bookings going. Good luck!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
CP Dublin booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.