Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Hotel's restaurant is very pleasant (professional service, good food).

And remember: http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...ariable_vanity
End up eating at the Nuts and More but thanks! I didn't see the 2x!!! I just registered, I hope I will still qualify
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
still be an IC at the end of 2014?

Originally Posted by travelisfree
Latest articles I read did not mention the IC Davos leaving IHG. Has anyone been able to confirm that they will/will not remain an IC hotel?
I was thinking of booking this in the winter but no club lounge? i LOVE club lounges, does anyone have any inclination whether this will still be an IC at the end of 2014?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:30 am

plus what happens if we book on points then it leaves IC?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Seems like they shut the Club Lounge forever... A few weeks ago you could still book Club rooms, but now they are all gone

When they closed the lounge after easter they told me that it will only be closed during the quiet summer season and reopen for the winter seasons...
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Seems like they shut the Club Lounge forever... A few weeks ago you could still book Club rooms, but now they are all gone

When they closed the lounge after easter they told me that it will only be closed during the quiet summer season and reopen for the winter seasons...
Not too sure about the closure of the club lounge. I have a reservation for end of September which has been upgraded upfront to king club. Another reservation there has been upgraded although to alpin king exec
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:26 am

ooh sounds promising, could you possibly post back on what is or isnt open as this will effect our winter plans!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
ooh sounds promising, could you possibly post back on what is or isnt open as this will effect our winter plans!
I'd just email the hotel. They're very responsive.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:51 am

email contact for IC davos?

Originally Posted by turner32
I'd just email the hotel. They're very responsive.
does anyone have adirect email contact they would use as oppose to the generic one?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
does anyone have adirect email contact they would use as oppose to the generic one?
Use this:

[email protected]
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:04 am

thankyou, i will feedback this week
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
When I was there, they said that the Lounge will open during Winter Season. They might even open it around November.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have a 3 nights stay there starting on Dec 25 to 28. first night on points, second & third using FWNC. However, the rate for that time period is 680 CHF per night is which quite steep. I mean just about bearable as it will be spread over 2 nights, but I will monitor the rates to see if they drop as in Oct for example the place goes for 180 CHF. Though given the time of the year it may be the premium one has to expect.

At least they let you book a deluxe room even on points so will see what I can get as AMB upgrade. Not expecting much, but maybe a 1-category upgrade for the 3 nights stay. I secured the 2nd night also on points, but the 3rd night is still proving elusive. I'm hoping it may become available the closer we get to Dec if they won't run full. If so then I safe the FWNC for another time & place.

I heard some folks taking the train but I checked connections from ZRH Kloten and it requires like 2 - 3 changes of trains. I was hoping for only 1 switch at ZRH Hbf, but maybe I did something wrong when checking. Was also considering a rental car if needed, though need to check prices first with Sixt, Europcar.

As AMB nowadays I won't have breakfast included (even the AMB FWNC rate does not offer it) so was wondering if anyone had an idea what it may cost at the hotel or if there is any "upsell" by the hotel offered? Of course if there are decent options for meal in general outside the hotel I would also be grateful for any tips. Thanks.

Last edited by demue; Sep 15, 2014 at 9:07 am
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by demue
I heard some folks taking the train but I checked connections from ZRH Kloten and it requires like 2 - 3 changes of trains. I was hoping for only 1 switch at ZRH Hbf, but maybe I did something wrong when checking.
When I took the train, I had actually to make 3 connections (but it was very easy and smooth : no waiting time between the different trains). I would say that it worth it (beautiful view, very comfortable trains, and no risks of driving during winter).
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by demue

As AMB nowadays I won't have breakfast included (even the AMB FWNC rate does not offer it) so was wondering if anyone had an idea what it may cost at the hotel or if there is any "upsell" by the hotel offered? Of course if there are decent options for meal in general outside the hotel I would also be grateful for any tips. Thanks.
Breakfast is CHF35 per person if requested on check-in.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by davidw70
Breakfast is CHF35 per person if requested on check-in.
Thanks for the info. I will consider that. I heard it is quite a good spread. Still irking about the 730 CHF per night rate for a Deluxe room on AMB certificate rate. If I was going in Oct I could stay 4 nights for that amount

Oh well, may cut it to 2 nights if no 3rd points night shows up (not hopeful, but one never knows).

Last edited by demue; Sep 18, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.