Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Old May 31, 2014, 12:56 am

Operating company Stilli Park AG broke

Stilli Park AG operator of Intercontinental Davos will declare next week bankruptcy, according to a reliable news source http://www.suedostschweiz.ch/wirtsch...erm%2F4184%2F0

More news to come on next Monday when Martin Buchli, lawyer for Stilli AG will be back in office.
Old May 31, 2014, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
Stilli Park AG operator of Intercontinental Davos will declare next week bankruptcy, according to a reliable news source http://www.suedostschweiz.ch/wirtsch...erm%2F4184%2F0

More news to come on next Monday when Martin Buchli, lawyer for Stilli AG will be back in office.
Th article says that occupancy rate is only 40%
Old May 31, 2014, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Executive Suite
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Yokdoc

First noticable cost-cutting effects: closure of the Club Lounge since about two weeks. Hope they won't close the kids club as my kids are really looking forward to this great club with absolutely great staff in summer...

But they also lowered the room prices: about 50% off the suites and about 30% off the regular rooms since I booked our summer stay two months ago!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
First noticable cost-cutting effects: closure of the Club Lounge since about two weeks. Hope they won't close the kids club as my kids are really looking forward to this great club with absolutely great staff in summer...

But they also lowered the room prices: about 50% off the suites and about 30% off the regular rooms since I booked our summer stay two months ago!
One of my pet peeves is how hotels handle financial difficulties by eliminating areas that make them unique (in this case the club lounge) IMO this just helps them create their own fate. Have seen it over and over again. Many a discussion I have had with GM's on how to manage expenses without wholesale cuts. They sometimes forget they are in the hospitality business. In this case Davos has just been taken off my radar
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Oh no! If they declare bankruptcy is it going to be closed down right away?! I am planning to be there in July!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Oh no! If they declare bankruptcy is it going to be closed down right away?! I am planning to be there in July!
Do not think so - in an article in the German newspaper Handelsblatt they say they already have a new operator for the hotel.

I am also hoping that they will continue as this is a beautiful hotel with super rooms and great staff - and we are already looking forward to our summer vacation...
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Report of my last stay at this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22996665-post932.html
Old Jun 8, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Report of my last stay at this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22996665-post932.html
Sounds and looks good. There aren't enough nice ICs around and especially not Mountain Resort types so I would be sad to see this one go. Was planning a trip some time next year, so will keep an eye on it.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:14 am

So I emailed the GM about me going there and asking about the bankruptcy and they said it will be business as usual, nothing is going to change.

Edit: Booked my stay using points, booked Reward Night and already got upgraded to the Alpine Suite.

I hope that the lounge will be open next month.

For this who has been here, you can vote for this property, I just saw this link from the GM in his signature...

http://www.worldtravelawards.com/vot...tal-davos-2014

Last edited by BRAISKI; Jun 9, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Latest articles I read did not mention the IC Davos leaving IHG. Has anyone been able to confirm that they will/will not remain an IC hotel?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:42 am

Any suggestions where to go for lunch/dinner or place to visit?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
I can suggest Hnggi in Davos as a Restaurant.
For switzerland it is reasonable priced and food is great.

On the opposite of the Trainstation there is Restaurant of a Hotel which is great too. Forgot the name, but it is very modern design inside the building.

What can you do: take the cablecars and see mountains (hike) and there is one or two art museums... Shops it has a many too...
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:09 am

The minibar seems to be minimal. No snacks, and no hard liqour.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Any suggestions where to go for lunch/dinner or place to visit?
Hotel's restaurant is very pleasant (professional service, good food).

And remember: http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...ariable_vanity

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.