Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Wow! I know where I will be skiing next year if there is no snow (again) in Lake Tahoe
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:59 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Goonerfish
Whoaaa....this is a VERY nice hotel!!

Stayed a few weeks back for 4 nights (First 2 nights BOGO then points)

Was my birthday at the time (No really it was!) so i called in advance to secure a decent upgrade and the lady immediately upgraded me to an Alpine Suite. (Was the 92m Suite) Apparently I was the first person to have ever stayed in that suite and it was very nice indeed.

My last day was the first day of WEF 2014 so the whole place was like a military base with airport style security just to get in the front door. (The South Korean President turned up about 30 minutes before I left)

Oh..and the nearest station is Davos Dorf and yes, if you contact the hotel they will send a shuttle bus to collect you. Definitely do this as the cabs in Davos are a FORTUNE! (Along with pretty much everything else in Davos!!)

Actually, they are pretty good with Shuttle service at this hotel...If you need to go into town or to a ski resort then they are more than happy to take you and collect you after.

Top, top top hotel...Service impeccable! (Even had 2 staff come to my room with fresh flowers and personally sang me 'Happy Birthday to you' This was on top of the half bottle of Louis Roederer i had waiting for me in my room.

The bowls of sweets and chocolate were a nice touch for my toddler too. This came with my RA welcome gifts.

The only downside that I can think of is the Minibar has no spirits in whatsoever. IIRC just a few beers and the rest soft drinks. Although they give RA's Club access which has all the booze you could want.

I will post a report in the RA page soon and hopefully some pics too.

Any questions, feel free to ask!
Thanks for the review. Did they have an area to store your ski's etc? I've never stayed in a hotel on a ski trip before so I'm wondering how this works. I usually stay in a chalet and they have a boot room to keep all your equipment.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I may be going there later this year on points. Anyone know the upgrade fee to club lounge? I am an Ambassador if that helps any on the price. Also for dinner, is it enough food to make a meal out of it?

Also, when people say the hotel will put you up at the train station, take you into town or to ski resorts, is there a cost for this?

Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by canesfan
I may be going there later this year on points. Anyone know the upgrade fee to club lounge? I am an Ambassador if that helps any on the price. Also for dinner, is it enough food to make a meal out of it?

Also, when people say the hotel will put you up at the train station, take you into town or to ski resorts, is there a cost for this?

Thanks!
The club lounge only has small cold plates...not enough for dinner. Food in the hotel is VERY expensive, but that's where the shuttle and the public bus come in. A 3 minute walk down the hill and the free public bus will take you into town. It's a very easy system. Take a picture of the map and schedule on your phone and that will help. The shuttles are free when they pick you up and drop you off. I simply tipped.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Just returned from our 3 night stay at the IC Davos. I'm a Royal Ambassador and I was traveling with 3 family members and we had two rooms reserved. My first two nights was a BOGO and a coleauges' chase free night. The second room was booked first night with points and last two nights with chase free nights as well. I emailed prior to arrival and they said they would figure out a way to accommodate us. Also asked for a pickup at the train station.

When we arrived the shuttle van was waiting for us. The hotel is only about a 3-5 minute drive from Davos Dorf. You could also take the #4 bus as well and get off at Stillipark. It's then a 3-5 minute walk up the hill.

I was greeted by name from the rooms manager and the girl at the counter proceeded to check us in. She then showed us around the Club Lounge and took us up to the 5th floor and showed us our room.

They upgraded me to an Alpine Suite (62m I believe). Double doors open up to a round foyer. Master bedroom on the right and living room on left, each with very heavy doors. Master bathroom had La Prairie toiletries. The rest of the property has standard Agaria. Not sure if it's this way because of the suite or because of the RA status. Back in the foyer a connecting door leads into the the second room. There was another door as well that would lead into another connecting room if needed. The hotel is setup so that you can add 4 rooms to the Alpine suite if you are traveling with a large group or family. Nespresso machine in both the Alpine suite and second bedroom. Larger variety of pods in the suite however. Fruite plate and welcome gift (honey) was given on arrival.

Club lounge is large and nice with a good selection of alcohol. No champagne just prosecco. Small cold plates for evening selection. Nothing you could get full on however and if having to pay for club lounge I would skip. Breakfast in the club was standard European with breads, meats, and cheeses. I had heard from someone else you could take breakfast in the restaurant but can't personally confirm.

Restaurants are EXPENSIVE. We only had a few appetizers at Nuts & Co. Room service is EXPENSIVE. 64 Euros for a cheeseburger. It wasn't that hard to catch the bus into Davos and eat at much more reasonable places.

Spa and pool area is amazing. Massages are cheap by Davos and Swiss standards. 90 Euros for 60 minute massage. I was expecting to pay more. Pool is great with indoor and outdoor areas. Saunas in both mens and women's areas as well as a co-ed one.

They do have a place to rent ski equipment on property. It is more expensive than the shops down in Davos, however they did have Airboards and helmets which were the same price and we did rent those, but if you need ski's and boots go into town.

Overall this is a great property with great service. Would stay there again.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Thanks for the super reviews - is there any review from the club lounge. is it a fun place to drink in the evening or is it abit quiet? thanks
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
Thanks for the super reviews - is there any review from the club lounge. is it a fun place to drink in the evening or is it abit quiet? thanks
The club lounge is super nice and very empty. At least when I was there but the hotel was only at like 30%. But we were the only people in the lounge and the food was a joke as it was a couple of snacks left out really. And the champagne was decent.
Old May 29, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Just completed a 2 night stay at the hotel and, as has been said before in this thread, it truly is a stunning property.

I booked a King Club room and the Ambassador upgrade was to an Alpine Executive King on 8th floor, which is effectively a large junior suite, with walk in wardrobe, free mini-bar (beers and soft drinks), large bathroom (with underfloor heating and La Prairie products) and separate shower and WC. Certainly, one of the nicest IC rooms I've had since losing RA status. Water (still/sparkling) was replaced each day, great fruit plate and nice box of Swiss chocolate.

The Capricorn restaurant was expensive but not extortionate for what I had. There were a few misses, but service was generally excellent. I thought the hotel was very well positioned to get into town and get to see some of the amazing scenery. The spa/pool area seemed a bit small for a hotel of this size, but didn't seem to be a problem (although this may be because of occupancy levels).

A few points to note:
- despite booking a club room, the lounge was closed (I assume due to low occupancy but I was told construction). Instead, the hotel offered happy hour in the bar plus full breakfast in the restaurant. The hotel handled this badly (trying to up-sell breakfast at check-in), but I was reasonably satisfied with the alternate arrangements
- wifi signal was really poor in the room, and my iPad wouldn't connect at all. I imagine this was because it was at the end of the corridor, but this shouldn't happen in a new-build property
- given the snow has melted, groundworks are in progress around the hotel which means the walk up to the hotel is through a building site
Old May 29, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I hope I can check this property out in July if my plan goes well...

The mini-bar only had beer and soft drinks? No Wine or liqour? Did you get club access?
Old May 29, 2014, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I hope I can check this property out in July if my plan goes well...

The mini-bar only had beer and soft drinks? No Wine or liqour? Did you get club access?
Currently at the hotel.

In front if the minibar for live report
Only soft drinks (and NO Diet Coke: I was said I would be charged if I want some in the minibar)
Rivella
Nestea
Coke
Rhäzünser water
Arkona water
Carlsberg beer
Nuts cookies

Club Lounge is offerred to RAs. Lounge is closed today "for renovation".
Still drinks are served for free at the bar
Old May 29, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Currently at the hotel.

Only soft drinks (and NO Diet Coke: I was said I would be charged if I want some in the minibar)
Rivella
Nestea
Coke
Rhäzünser water
Arkona water
Carlsberg beer
Nuts cookies

Hmm doesn't look like a good selection!
Renovation eh.... for a few months old hotel...
Old May 29, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
But therefore the minibar is free for all guests - but those few drinks do not get you very far when there with two kids as there is only one or two bottles of each...and the beer is very small (25cl).

I cannot imagine that they are renovating the lounge. When we stayed over easter it has been mostly empty (never more than 10 people with the four of us). They probably closed it during summer to cut some costs. There are also no Club rooms bookable online for the next months....
Old May 29, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Currently at the hotel.

Rivella
Nestea
Coke
Rhäzünser water
Arkona water
Carlsberg beer
Nuts cookies

Drinks at the bar only during the evening / happy hour or throughout the day? Did they also serve snacks and cakes in the afternoon?
Already booked a few days in summer in a Club room and hope to get our paid for benefits... The Club room costs 150 SFR more than the deluxe!
Old May 29, 2014, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I thought the same way.

A polite way to say: we are not full indeed and do not want to operate the club lounge?
Old May 29, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread

At least they're being consistent with their excuse!

Happy hour was 6pm-8pm only

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.