FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   The Big Win returns - Spring 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1530379-big-win-returns-spring-2014-a.html)

b3cobb Dec 12, 2013 10:22 am

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

It looks like The Big Win will be returning in Spring 2014.

ATLANTA (Dec. 16, 2013) – InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is kicking off 2014 in a big way by offering loyal IHG® Rewards Club members more opportunities to earn free travel through the next installment of its hotel rewards promotion, “The Big Win.” This is a first of its kind promotion, which provides each loyal guest with an individually tailored set of offers.

“We have found that introducing tailored offers through “The Big Win” has been beneficial for both our guests and our hotels,” said Jim Sprigg, director, Database Marketing & CRM Solutions, IHG. “So, this January, we are launching a new and improved version of ”The Big Win” promotion based on guest feedback, with offers that are even more relevant and appealing to diverse types of guests who are loyal to the IHG family of hotel brands, including select offers with a greater focus on our individual hotel brands.”

Pre-registration for “The Big Win” promotion begins on Dec. 16, 2013 here. Once registered, members will begin earning IHG® Rewards Club points or airline miles when they stay at any IHG®-branded hotel between Jan. 1 and April 30, 2014. This includes the InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo® Hotels, Holiday Inn® Hotels, Holiday Inn Resort® Hotels, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Holiday Inn Express® Hotels, Staybridge Suites® Hotels and Candlewood Suites® Hotels brands. IHG’s scale and diversity means that our hotels can meet our guests’ needs whatever the occasion – whether an overnight getaway, a business trip, a family celebration or an once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Sprigg added, “Other hotel promotions still tend to be one-size-fits-all, whereas every offer in “The Big Win” promotion varies based on a guest’s travel pattern.”
Details from Loyalty Lobby

Many Thanks to John at Loyalty Lobby for the heads up, cheers mate.

TheBeerHunter Dec 12, 2013 10:44 am

Maybe I'll get an offer next year that's actually worth pursuing, since I'm going from RA and 80-ish nights a year to Amb (as of Feb 14) and less than 10 nights this year... :eek:

paulmoscow Dec 12, 2013 11:50 am

I'm sure I'll get a new kind of unrealistic requirements. What a pity that I have already booked all my stays until the end of this promo at Marriott hotels :D

scubaccr Dec 12, 2013 12:01 pm

If they stick me with impossible 8 Sat nights again, then I will simply ignore IHG do a qual run for HH Diamond.

They should have data next time on which members did full set, and how easily. If one did full set in first 10days from promo start for Win Big Bonus et all, I would expect tougher challernge to those IHGers

King Chung Huang Dec 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Spring 2014. Does that mean we're back to the Stay X Get Y type promos for Winter 2014?

fireworksboy Dec 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang (Post 21954956)
Spring 2014. Does that mean we're back to the Stay X Get Y type promos for Winter 2014?

It says Jan 1 start date above. Love to find details though.

Amyrlin Dec 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21954627)
If they stick me with impossible 8 Sat nights again, then I will simply ignore IHG do a qual run for HH Diamond.

They should have data next time on which members did full set, and how easily. If one did full set in first 10days from promo start for Win Big Bonus et all, I would expect tougher challernge to those IHGers

Snap, but I got a requirement of 9! After having only a couple, I knew for certain there was not way I could physically qualify by the middle of Nov as there were simply not enough Saturdays left, even if I stayed everyone one at IHG!

Bloobell Dec 12, 2013 3:10 pm

The Big Win was a big let down for me and I was turned off from day 1.

If the next one is equally as unrealistic I may start to look around at the alternatives

TrojanHorse Dec 12, 2013 5:21 pm

as long as I don't get 2 stays in Sydney followed by 2 stays in Cape Town or something like that, I will give it a go

SSF556 Dec 12, 2013 7:37 pm

limit saturday nights and I will be good to go

miffSC Dec 12, 2013 8:32 pm

I am looking forward to another Big Win challenge... I do have to say, though, that I hope one of the things they do is stay on top of it a bit more. (Maybe they only run the sweeps for it once a week?).
I finished my last stay this past week-end and although the stay has posted, the Big Win hasn't updated. Altogether with the Big Win and the promos added to the stays (7), I have earned close to 140K points (and my Big Win was only 76K). Definitely a win-Win.
All of my stays were planned stays with the exception of one... and I made it a planned stay.

username Dec 12, 2013 9:13 pm

I won't go for it. It seems itis more important to lock in status of another chain first in the beginning of the year instead of sinking all this extra money to qualify for another Big Win. Still have 1 more Saturday to do for this one...

craigthemif Dec 13, 2013 2:30 am

The press release did mention guest feedback, so hopefully they've taken into account some of the worst parts of the current promo, such as forcing people to do nights in cities they're nowhere near, simply because they may have stayed there before.

Looking forward to finding out my targets... I do admit it's easier for me because I have some very cheap HI Expresses in the vicinity...

Luca T. Dec 13, 2013 3:28 am

The Big win was the main reason I didn't stay at Ihg hotels this year....
The promo was simply unrealistic and almost offensive. I was a loyal guest and for this reason I received an unrealistic offer? Thank you very much...some other chain appreciated my business much more....

ohlradio Dec 13, 2013 7:34 am

If the trend continues from the original Big Win, I expect my challenge will be much tougher and probably unattainable. I ended up with extra, unexpected, work stays in the fall that made the challenge doable. As it is, I'm sitting with tons of points that I'm more likely to burn, if I have upcoming personal stays, than look to earn more.