The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
BUMP
Nobody's going to know for sure until next year, when stays start crediting...

We can only speculate. I suspect it might need to be different hotels, simply based on the fact that the city-based one needed to be different cities...
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I would think they wouldn't, buy those brands are listed in the T&Cs for the breakfast promo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you do a search around Santa Ana, CA on the link you provided for Jan 2 (1 night), even though the link says it's BestFlexWithBreakfast rate, it finds HIXs, Staybridge' and Candlewoods!!!

So where is all that certainty you're referring to?
If you click the link for a HIX , Candlewood, or a Staybridge, The rate message reads:

"No rooms exactly matching your preferences were found. The following room types are available."

And any rate you select will only be a simple best flexible.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC RA Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by northernstar84
I dont think somebody got a worse offer than me:

Stay a total of 65 nights and receive 46,800 POINTS

Stay at 4 different IHG brands and receive 19,200 POINTS

Stay 4 Saturday nights and receive 6,400 POINTS

Complete a simple survey and receive 100 POINTS

Spend $40 on food or beverage at any IHG™ hotel and receive 300 POINTS

Stay at 3 Holiday Inn™ hotels and receive 5,600 POINTS

Book 1 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast and receive 2,000 POINTS

Complete 7 of your offers and receive 80,000 POINTS
I agree that your offer is pretty tough. My offer isn't much better:

Stay more and earn
Stay a total of 30 nights and earn 12,000 points

Explore our brands
Stay at 3 different IHG brands and earn 11,200 points

Start the day off right
Book 2 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast and earn 2,400 points.

Book with IHG
Book 4 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 2,600 points

Win in a weekend
Stay 12 Saturday nights and earn 9,600 points

Change your view
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 4,800 points

Authentic experiences
Stay at 3 InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts and earn 11,200 points.

Win big
Complete 7 of your offers and earn 54,000 points

Total possible points 107,800.

It ain't gonna happen.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Nobody's going to know for sure until next year, when stays start crediting...

We can only speculate. I suspect it might need to be different hotels, simply based on the fact that the city-based one needed to be different cities...
This is ridiculous. Why can't IHG just tell us the terms in advance? I have tried to contact them via email and Facebook. But they don't respond with any answers. I just can't understand why they won't tell us whether one hotel 2x will do, or if we're required to stay in 2 different hotels.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:41 pm

Code:
	Offer			2014			2013
Stay more and earn: 	42 nights	31200	33 nights	19500
Explore our brands: 	4 brands	19200	5 brands	26000
Win in a weekend: 	2 Sat nights	4800	2 Sat nights	4800
Book with us/IHG	2 stays		3200	2 stays		2400
Try one and done				1 stay		1000
Live the city life				2 locations	7200
Start the day off	1 stay		2000
Change your view	2 stays		4800
Survey the win				100
Big Win					65000			61000
					--------		--------
Total					130300			121900
My 2013 stats:
110 qualifying nights
five qualifying brands
~98000 qualifying points earned
~223000 points total earned
Only 1000 points for 2013 was from the Big Win ("Try one and done" ).

Of the Big Win offers for 2013, I came closest on the brands offer, I was able to stay at four different brands during the Big Win qualification period so I missed that by one.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: Priority Club
Best Flex Rate With Breakfast

Originally Posted by chongcao
It should count. It is BBF rate but with additional 10% discount for member in sales period. there is no wording prevent you to book and claim it.
Thanks,

just booked - this was the wording

Rate Description: Exclusive Savings for our IHG Reward's Club members staying over the weekend. 10% off our standard Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast when your stay includes a Friday or Saturday night. Includes breakfast for up to 2 Adults sharing a room

Should be ok - not till late Feb - so time to find out on this board and cancel if need be.
UKD
Old Dec 22, 2013, 2:05 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Now I have HH Gold status, switching stays is no longer the big let down on treatment it would have been in previous years, but moving my nights is not actually what IHG intended to occur.
Take your chance! Whilst I am not a big supporter of HHonors (anymore) I must say that HHonors gold gives you MUCH better value than the (more or less useless) Priority Club Platinum status.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF Nothin' Bronze, IHG Plat AMB, Europcar Privilege Elite
Does anybody have anything further on the following offer?

IHG mobile app booking
Book 4 separate stays through our IHG® app and earn 6,400 points.

As the T+C's state

Bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying stays are booked on any IHG web or mobile apps between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014

What does an IHG Web or mobile app consist of? if I make a booking through the website on a mobile device will it still count? I've a few upcoming stays booked on Priority Privilege rates and I can't get them through the app.

Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I'm an SPG person, and joined Ambassador due to an annual conference at the IC Kuala Lumpur (club lounge access, double upgrade, etc. for the conference once per year is totally worth the $200).

Did Big Win after learning about it in 2013, but only the bare minimum -- the IC 4 days, 1 saturday night at a HI, one saturday night at a HIX, ~90k points due to the promo and stacking promos.

2014:

stay more and earn (total of 4 nights) - 12000
explore our brands (stay in 2 diff brands) - 24000
win in a weekend (2 sat night) - 12000
change your view (2 HI hotels) - 12000
Authentic experience (2 IC hotels) - 24000
Win Big (6/6) - 36000

So I guess I'll do a 2 separate HI, 2 separate IC, on 2 saturday nights. 4 nights for ~120000 points (plus whatever else I can stack on top).

This kind of feels like an *anti* loyalty program. I love IC and have work reasons to stay at HI/HIx/etc. sometimes, so I'm not complaining, but giving much better offers to people who stay the least doesn't seem like a great plan.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
This kind of feels like an *anti* loyalty program. I love IC and have work reasons to stay at HI/HIx/etc. sometimes, so I'm not complaining, but giving much better offers to people who stay the least doesn't seem like a great plan.
I see it the same way. The program should not reward people like you but rather dudes who spend more nights at their hotels and dudes who are longstanding and trustworthy clients.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
I see it the same way. The program should not reward people like you but rather dudes who spend more nights at their hotels and dudes who are longstanding and trustworthy clients.
They aren't trying to reward anyone. This isn't about saying thank you. It's about incenting people to stay. They have apparently determined that people who already stay a lot are likely to continue, so they're going after those who haven't been staying as much. You may think that's unfair, but it's marketing.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
I think IHG are taking it too much for granted that elites with many stays are loyal so IHG appear to be saying either
a)why waste points on loyal elites
b)offer loads of points, but make loyal elite do more than historic number of stays that quarter. (which may not be possible if elite only stays at IHG and not a competitor chain, so possibility to switch nights to IHG)

No point complaining direct to IHG, but IHG should easily have learnt by checking my 4Q2013 BigWin stays to see I had been mis-targetted on the individual tasks and that I stayed far far less in 4Q2013 than 4Q2012.

I am learning for first time not to have just one loyalty option (IHG), hence my recent and continuing investment in Hilton nights.
Maybe 2Q2014 IHG will win me back but I am not sure, and am even ready to abandon RA status renewal in 2014.

Trouble is grass is never greener on the other side, so no doubt HH will in future create reasons to go back to IHG, eg Airline Miles change from Jan2014 which I had only just started to really accumulate.

My BigWin promo earnings will earn a less then impressive
4Q2013 => 1100/97,000
1Q2014 => 100/196,000
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: LT NoN REV
Here ıs my sprıng 2014 wın BIG offer 24K.

A) change your vıew -2 stay HI 7,200
B) Start the day rıght - 1 stay best flexıble rate wıth breakfast 3,000
C) stay more and earn - 7 nıghts 13,000

I mıght do 2 nıghts but not 7 for thıs lousy offer.

Thıs offer ıs worse than the prevıous.

Platınum
2013 completed 25 nıghts.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: IHG Spire
My offer is slightly better this time, only need to stay 75 nights compared with 88 for the current promo!

Another impossible target for me, looks like I might use Q1 next year to look at alternative chains
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:24 am

I'm going to try to get my Big Win Q1 2014 and also want to redeem my IHG free certificate within the next several months. I'm going to take a short trip to Vegas in Feb or March and want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I think award or certificate stays don't count toward Big Win, but my plan is for a 2-3 night stay, and redeeming my free night for 1 of the nights, and pay for the other night(s). Should I book a single stay and use my certificate to pay for 1 night, or should I book 2 separate stays for this trip (1 free, 1 paid)?

The second question is regarding the brands. For Big Win, I need 4 brands. On the IHG website, the Palazzo and Venetian are both "Intercontinental Alliance Resorts". Will this count as a regular Intercontinental hotel? Will it count as an IHG brand at all? I don't know what "alliance" means in this situation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.