The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by mav
HOLY ....!! After getting the canned responses from IHG about the tracker not posting my " book 3 stays thru our website" . I made a second call to the rewards dept. and THIS time they told me it has to be a "best guarantee " rate which means a corporate, aarp, best flexible rate, whatever does not count. It did not clarify this exactly in my offer. It all seems rather cryptic to me in the wording of the offer. What is says is book 3 stays thru our website or an app to get the best rate guarantee. HUH????? IHG rewards dept opened up a case on my problem.
If that's the case, then a lot of us will be screwed! All mine were AAA rates. I think my last year's Big Win also had a "book with us" requirement, and I got points for doing the same thing.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kellyfjn
Is the "big win" held once a year?
It's only been held twice so far:

The first one was the last 4 months of 2013.

The current one is the first 4 months of 2014.

No one knows if it will continue, and if so whether it will be 3 times a year or 2 times a year or 1 time a year or less.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
If that's the case, then a lot of us will be screwed! All mine were AAA rates. I think my last year's Big Win also had a "book with us" requirement, and I got points for doing the same thing.
What a joke. Time to get a screen shot of the terms and conditions of this offer I think!!

My terms are pretty broad:

Bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying stays are booked on any IHG website between 1 January 2014 and 30 April 2014 (both dates inclusive) at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Even® or Hualuxe® hotels worldwide.

A stay constitutes a “qualifying stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates.

Last edited by essexadventurer; Mar 11, 2014 at 4:11 pm Reason: Further info added
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by EVA777

Originally Posted by sosafan
... I got a friend to install the web ap, and he made a booking for me and it did post. Now I want to make a few more bookings. He tells me that he cannot see the government rate. Can anyone with the mobile ap please tell me if they can see the government rate?

Thanks
It's there. From the main booking page look just under "ROOMS" there will be a box under that (gray color) with a default of "Best Available". Click on that and a Rate Preference box will pull up with all the normal rate codes. Hope that helps.
I passed this along and it worked.

Thanks!!!!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
May be a hope that the IT is working

Originally Posted by Modo
This thread really makes IHG a firm contender for the most incompetent company of 2014.

66 pages and no answers.

I still simply do not know what my challenge is. I'm required to "stay in these two cities" ---- still not got a clue where they are!!!
Got an email overnight and I was finally able to access my offer progress

I now know that I need to stay in 2 from HKG, Beijing and Shanghai. How did they pick those?!!!! So I'm a fail .......and can give up trying now.

Back to Starwood for bookings in the immediate future.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum

I now know that I need to stay in 2 from HKG, Beijing and Shanghai. How did they pick those?!!!! So I'm a fail .......and can give up trying now.

Perhaps they thought you are from Macau
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:52 am

I also got the 2 stays in HK, Shanghai, and Beijing. I actually visit Hong Kong and Shanghai. PM me if you need help.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

I am in HK in late March for 2 nights; I can assist if needed, though I already have accommodations booked.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I had CAA (Canadian equivalent to AAA) rates count towards completing both Big Win promos.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Asaro
I had CAA (Canadian equivalent to AAA) rates count towards completing both Big Win promos.
+1, corporate rates count just fine, too. Basically, any rate that results in points being awarded counts just fine.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Survey Updates?

Anyone have any luck with IHG responding to the survey issue?

I completed the survey, received 100 points, and see the offer marked as "Completed" on my Big Win offer page. However, the Big Win bonus offer shows one less offer completed than what was actually completed, and I've received e-mails from IHG saying the Survey offer was "Not Started."

It seems like when I complete the other offers I will be 5/6 on the Big Win bonus due to this survey issue. Has anyone heard anything from IGH on this beyond just waiting 6-8 weeks?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by mav
HOLY ....!! After getting the canned responses from IHG about the tracker not posting my " book 3 stays thru our website" . I made a second call to the rewards dept. and THIS time they told me it has to be a "best guarantee " rate which means a corporate, aarp, best flexible rate, whatever does not count. It did not clarify this exactly in my offer. It all seems rather cryptic to me in the wording of the offer. What is says is book 3 stays thru our website or an app to get the best rate guarantee. HUH????? IHG rewards dept opened up a case on my problem.
This is BS! First time I hear this, I would do a HUCA.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Im done with my big win all but the bonus show completed and I only used AAA
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver (clawing back to Gold!), Honours Gold, IHG Platinum, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond
Hi All

Has anyone had 'get it to win' track successfully yet?

I applied for and got the black visa early Jan. Some stays early feb were paid, earned the correct multiplier on CC points, and these points have now transferred over the IHG. The stays have registered for other targets (# of stays, and # of brands) however 'get it to win' hasn't tracked yet. Asked via missing points on the site, and got the usual 6-8 weeks spiel... curious to know if anyone has had this track properly yet.

Cheers
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:07 pm

I need one more night at a Staybridge Suite but nothing in my area. Anyone want to work out a deal if you're needing to travel? PM me if so.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.