Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Per my confirmation, the rate I booked is:
Rate Type: IHG® Rewards Club Member Exclusive –Flexible with Breakfast
That should have been the clue! The Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast you needed to use is available to everyone. It is not a rate exclusive to IHG Reward Club Members. So if you rate said it was exclusive to IHG Rewards Club Members, it was a different rate than you needed.

So they are right (even if they are explaining what rate you used goofily), you didn't use the correct rate, and thus you don't qualify.

Now, you can try to convince them that their rate names are confusing, if you wish, but be aware that it was your mistake.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I stayed at the same Holiday Inn twice, getting credit for the first one towards my required three; I stayed there again later (coincidentally because they had the cheapest Breakfast rate), and did not get another credit as a Holiday Inn stay (the breakfast part credited fine).

So, you need to stay at different properties!
Thanks, 2 HIX is easy, they are everywhere. HI are more rare, but I can find 2 if I need to.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by johhenrik
This has been discussed before in this thread. The offer specify you need to book the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast. Your rate is another one with breakfast. It does not count then.
OK, no big deal then. I wasn't planning on doing Big Win 2014 because it needed 8 nights for a paltry 38K points until I realized I already had 6 nights booked at CP IST on a flexible rate with breakfast. I need 3 HI stays as well and since IHG isn't my preferred chain, I can't be bothered especially after this bit of semantics.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:22 pm
Suspended

The Best Flexible Rate w/Breakfast was the Big Lose in this promo, IMHO. This type of rate is usually too high, and simply does not compute. I will not be finishing my promo this time.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
The Best Flexible Rate w/Breakfast was the Big Lose in this promo, IMHO. This type of rate is usually too high, and simply does not compute. I will not be finishing my promo this time.
In and of itself for a measly 2000 points for $10 extra it wasn't all that exciting a feature; however, it's one of seven required for me to get almost 50,000 extra complete-everything points, so as a trigger there, I felt it was definitely worth it.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
You are the one who's doing the big lose if you already started this promo (other than survey).

Doing part of the promo and then deciding not to finish it makes no sense. It means you gave money to IHG unnecessarily, which only increases the chance that your next promo from IHG will be tougher (than if you had ignored this promo completely).

You shouldn't be evaluating the (incremental) cost of this rate against the points you earn for the task. You should be evaluating the (incremental) cost of this rate against points you earn for this task plus the points you earn for completing all the tasks.

For example, if you're earning 5k for this task and 45k if you complete all your tasks, and the rate is $25 than the best rate you could otherwise get, then you're paying $25 to get 50k points. Do you know of any other way to get 50k points cheaper?

So please do the math, and don't cut off your nose to spite your face!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:12 am

100 Points Survey

Apologies if this has already been discussed, however I have completed all my big wins including the 100 points survey - the survey is marked as complete - however it still only shows as 6/7 completed and i never recieved 100 points? is there a known issue with the survey? anybody else got this problem?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by mowake
Apologies if this has already been discussed, however I have completed all my big wins including the 100 points survey - the survey is marked as complete - however it still only shows as 6/7 completed and i never recieved 100 points? is there a known issue with the survey? anybody else got this problem?
Everyone has the same problem. But since you have completed them all, I would email IHG and ask what happens, since you have completed them all.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732
upgrades are always a YMMV by property and they are never guaranteed no matter what room type you book into

Of course YMMV
It is my understanding that upgrades are guaranteed, subject to availability. In my 300 plus nights at IC properties over the years, I have never had an instance where an upgrade of some type was not given. The only issues were YMMV issues and the creative ways some properties go to avoid giving anything of value.

Last edited by elusive1; Mar 5, 2014 at 7:24 am
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I've been following this thread for a while. I don't believe anyone has received points for booking through the website yet. Its amazing its taking IHG so long to fix this issue. Really sad.
I am in the same boat, I have had 3 stays booked on the website that completed almost a month ago and no credit yet.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Quote:

Originally Posted by mowake

Everyone has the same problem. But since you have completed them all, I would email IHG and ask what happens, since you have completed them all.
I was credited +100 points and got credit towards the Big Win, no intervention required. Seems hit or miss
Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I was credited +100 points and got credit towards the Big Win, no intervention required. Seems hit or miss
Did you do the survey before or after January 1st? I'm wondering if due to the fact that all the questions were the same it's registered as 'milestone' for the initial big win rather than the second one for anyone who has done it before 1/1/14
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I suggest if anyone really wants to make sure they get the breakfast deal use the link they provided.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...breakfast-rate

Its pretty much the same as the Best Flexible Rate then you add $xx for breakfast. But this way the name of the booking is "Best Flexible with Breakfast" I expect no problems.

Edit: I just realized that they finally posted my... " Book with IHG - Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 1,900 points " but so far only 1 out 3 stays, so far so good.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Its pretty much the same as the Best Flexible Rate then you add $xx for breakfast.
I totally disagree. It is usually much higher rate, at least where I searched.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:01 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by kshahk
I am in the same boat, I have had 3 stays booked on the website that completed almost a month ago and no credit yet.
The 3 I booked thru their website still have not posted either, and I completed that part in January. IHG, wutz up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.