Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
According to IHG it will be reflected once you've paid your first CC bill (where the stay is on).
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by johhenrik
According to IHG it will be reflected once you've paid your first CC bill (where the stay is on).
IHG is wrong once again. Wifes cc closed about 2 weeks ago with paid stay on it....still no Big Win credit
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Anyone else experiencing problems with the latest version of their Android App ?
To maximize this promotion I need to book some stays with the mobile app... But for the past three days it has been saying "We are currently experiencing problems with our backend systems. Please try again later." during final step where CC is submitted.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
Yes I have also joined the "Book with IHG" club of non registering. The first two I had registered no problem, however the third which would give me the points has not. Not a lot I can do about it for six weeks so I'm not going to worry about it too much just now. I've another five reservations for this month and the promotion doesn't end until April so I'll leave it and see if it sorts itself out.
Just a quick update. My book with IHG stays have now tracked over to the big win site last night so there is some progress.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
Just finished my last requirement for my Big Win bonus! Keeping fingers crossed that the points will post correctly. I really have to hand it to IHG as they come up with some really creative promotions. Last one I participated in was the Break the Bank years ago. My offer was such that it was just enough to get me to participate in it. It's as though they knew exactly what it would take to get me to participate!

As a result, I have already spent 14 nights at IHG properties this year. Some of these would have been at Marriott so this has been an effective promotion. My view of the Holiday Inn brand really has changed as I stayed at some great properties in Ukraine and Poland. I'm also pleased with how far the program has come in the past few years. They seem to be doing a great job in terms of consistency in benefits and making free wifi more readily available.

On my current stay, managed to get an unexpected double upgrade at an IC to a club room so getting a taste of the IC! Just wanted to share my 2 cents on this promotion.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Just a quick update. My book with IHG stays have now tracked over to the big win site last night so there is some progress.
Mine too, from the mobile app on iphone. Finally.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
mine still not show up. any specific rate to be booked?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Mine aren't showing up either. Pessimistically, I'm prepared to have to slug it out with IHG in May when they can't parrot the "wait a few weeks after the promo close ..." at me.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ludocdoc
Mine too, from the mobile app on iphone. Finally.
Originally Posted by lingua101
mine still not show up. any specific rate to be booked?
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Mine aren't showing up either. Pessimistically, I'm prepared to have to slug it out with IHG in May when they can't parrot the "wait a few weeks after the promo close ..." at me.
Are you all talking about the same promo? "Book with IHG" and so-called "mobile booking" tasks are two different tasks (no one has both, but some people have one while other people have the other), even if both of those tasks "devolve" into about the same requirements once you dig into the T&Cs. But I can imagine one task might be "fixed" at a different time than the other?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
Also, after contacting customer service regarding missing points for the Book with IHG step, I received the following response:

---
In addition, we are currently experiencing a technical problem with the Book with IHG offer of the Big Win promotion and qualifying stays are not being tracked. Rest assured that this issue is currently being reviewed. However, no ETA of fix is available at the moment.
---
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:14 am

OK, I get it. Well, as has been reported, no one has gotten the Survey to show as completed under the Big Win challenge.
Not true, I got 100 points for completing the survey.

But book direct never accounted for due to it issue.

I have given up on this big win, although I think I can actually complete it.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
So I only need 4 nights to get 86K bonus points.

One of the requirements is "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 8,000 points"

Do they need to be two different Holiday Inns or if I do 2 separate stays at the same hotel will it work?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:46 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Exclamation

OK, I get it. Well, as has been reported, no one has gotten the Survey to show as completed under the Big Win challenge.
Originally Posted by lingua101
Not true, I got 100 points for completing the survey.
You have to read carefully:
The problem is that the Survey does not count towards the "Win big" challenge - although for completing the "Win big" challenge you have to complete a certain number of "offers" and the Survey is also called "offer".
Old Feb 22, 2014, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by lsed
So I only need 4 nights to get 86K bonus points.

One of the requirements is "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 8,000 points"

Do they need to be two different Holiday Inns or if I do 2 separate stays at the same hotel will it work?
Two different..
Old Feb 22, 2014, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Flamewing
You have to read carefully:
The problem is that the Survey does not count towards the "Win big" challenge - although for completing the "Win big" challenge you have to complete a certain number of "offers" and the Survey is also called "offer".
Err I even more confuse trying to understand what you are trying to say.

You said the survey doesn't count towards the win big challenge. Then you said the survey is one of the offer. You needs to complete the offers to get big win challenge.

Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Not really sure What is your point though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.