The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Arishap
How long does it take for points to post? It has been more than 12 days

I remember that last time, points were updated every Monday

I'm booking via the web site but not with the links in the dashboard

TIA
Mine took 2 weeks to post the points to my account. Nothing has posted on the website. It doesn't work half the time I try to log on
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
How long is the Big Win website going to be down? This is a major international company - and they can't fix a website? Get it together IHG!!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:34 am

I can log in no problem when I use the link provided in "my offers" on the ihg.com page. If I go directly to the page via my browser history it hangs. So try going through your account.

I'm loving this promotion, only got 50k points as a new account in the fall promo (5 nights). Spring promo should net me another 96k if I can pull it off. Relatively easy targets but I don't have much travel plans at the moment so may have to mattress run a night or two if I want to complete it.

First post here btw! Thanks for all the info folks, I'll try to contribute to FT any way I can.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:03 am

My 100 survey points were posted immediately after I completed the survey on Jan 1 but had later been taken away from my IHG account! Now, that 100 points are nowhere to be found. However, Survey the Win is showing "completed" on BW 2014 screen. Anyone had this happened to them? This is just so bizarre...
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VacationCat
My 100 survey points were posted immediately after I completed the survey on Jan 1 but had later been taken away from my IHG account! Now, that 100 points are nowhere to be found. However, Survey the Win is showing "completed" on BW 2014 screen. Anyone had this happened to them? This is just so bizarre...
I originally was prompted to fill out the survey on about the 28th December after clicking on the credit card link to see what it page it linked through to - very weird. Still showing as complete on my Big Win tracker but no 100 pts. Can't really be bothered chasing them and unlikely to complete enough stays for the Big Win anyway so not bothered if it hasn't credited quite correctly anyway.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
Since we all seem to be seeing much the same behaviour, methinks the hamster has died.

justakiwi
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Asaro
I can log in no problem when I use the link provided in "my offers" on the ihg.com page. If I go directly to the page via my browser history it hangs. So try going through your account.
This is how I log in and I never have any problems. That said nothing but the survey has been credited to my account yet!

Welcome to FT

aks120
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by VacationCat
They still owe me some points from last big win. Book direct. They only amrked it as 1/2 but I did 2/2. Sent them enquiry twice no reply.....
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
How long is the Big Win website going to be down? This is a major international company - and they can't fix a website? Get it together IHG!!
come on - healthcare.gov took also it's time...
Old Jan 21, 2014, 3:45 am

big win newbie

Sorry I am a newbie so I have a question. We will be going to Florida. If I make a reservation for 2 rooms for 1 night is that qualify for as 2 nights in Holiday Inn or l night.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by lilmama48
Sorry I am a newbie so I have a question. We will be going to Florida. If I make a reservation for 2 rooms for 1 night is that qualify for as 2 nights in Holiday Inn or l night.
1 night per their terms and conditions.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by nvoi
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
come on - healthcare.gov took also it's time...
IHG is a for profit company. Supposedly the free market is supposed to allow only the best to survive
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:56 am
Suspended

I just completed another stay. So far, nothing has posted to my Big Win II. By now I should have received some points. Hope I'm not the only one in this boat...
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Wow, this is awesome.

IC somehow gave me a new number when I signed up for Ambassador, and I'd never seen it. They merged my accounts recently upon request, but in the process killed my registration in Big Win (an awesome 120k point for 2 x IC, 2 x HI, 4 nights, 2 sat offer); I ended up back in at the 34k "we don't actually want you as a customer" level.

Now they're asking for a screenshot of the original offer; I linked the thread where I'd posted about my offer on 22 DEC.

Hopefully this gets fixed, or it becomes an effective anti-loyalty tool.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:33 pm

Does anybody know how Ambassador certificate weekends rate night(s) are posting under the Big Win, this one or at least the previous one? I am counting on at least first paid night to be posted in my planning. But this always appear after adjustment as overlapping stay so no idea how this will work with this promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.