Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Wow, loving my new Q1 2014 offer.

Criteria (2014):

Stay 6 nights 13,200
2 different brands 14,400
Book 3 separate stays through IHG hotel website or mobile 3,400
2 Holiday Inn Hotels 12,000
Big Win (complete them all) 43,000
Total: 86,000

Totally doable. All I need is to book, via IHG, 3 two night stays, 2 of which need to be at Holiday Inn. When they say book through a IHG hotel website, does that include ihg.com or only the brand sites, holidayinn.com, for example?

Quite interesting to read the differences in point amounts for the promo. Some are only offered 31,000 while others are in the low six figures. Wild!

My 2013 was unattainable because they wanted me to fly 1/2 way around the world to complete it. So i'm glad to see they made this one easier. Thanks IHG! You are gaining a good customer. I've been a very loyal Starwood customer, but you are slowly winning over nights from me. Keep it up and the shift may continue.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just read the T&C's re my offer and I'm confused.

On the main page it states: "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 12,000 points". But clicking through to the T&C's it states:

"Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at Holiday Inn Express® hotels hotels worldwide."

So which is it? Do I need to stay at HI hotels or HIEX hotels? Or does IHG consider them to be one and the same?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:15 pm

How do you register for the next one? I can only see the original one on the tracking website.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20
How do you register for the next one? I can only see the original one on the tracking website.
https://bigwin.ihg.com/amer/us/en/lo...ring14_DEFAULT
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I just read the T&C's re my offer and I'm confused.

On the main page it states: "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 12,000 points". But clicking through to the T&C's it states:

"Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at Holiday Inn Express® hotels hotels worldwide."

So which is it? Do I need to stay at HI hotels or HIEX hotels? Or does IHG consider them to be one and the same?
IHG simply have 2x similat bigwintasks, an HI taks and an HIE tasks. Looks like IHG copied block of text from HIE to HI tasks info and did not edit it afterwards, hence the misleading text you are seeing, not worth querying or worrying about.

And yes HI and HIE are separate brands (HI Resorts is lumped with HI brand)
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:23 pm

Thanks

I've got the 31k one thats exactly the same as the others have mentioned. Bit surprised that the requirement is for only three nights when I've already got over a dozen booked for January & February. Doesn't really make sense that one
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
At least they seem to have gotten rid of the specific cities requirement. I suspect they got a lot of complaints about that category.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Pretty poor offer for me. Loyal members really do get punished!

11200: Stay 12 nights
2000: Book 1 BFR with Breakfast
100: Survey
5600: Stay at 3 Holiday Inns
19000: Complete the 4 offers

37900 points in total for 12 nights. Meh.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
At least they seem to have gotten rid of the specific cities requirement. I suspect they got a lot of complaints about that category.
Yeah I think that has hacked a lot of people of between that and the Saturday nights.

The other thing that is weird is the different amounts of challenges whereas with the first one everyone had 8 in total
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I think someone hasn't quite finished the site yet. One of mine is:

views.dashboard.offer.dd.title
20,000 points

With details of:

views.dashboard.offer.dd.header

views.dashboard.offer.dd.copy
View offer terms and conditions
views.dashboard.offer.dd.cta

Hopefully someone'll put in the text for that one before January, so I know what I have to do...!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:47 pm

Be sure to notice what you have under the last "Win big" offer, at least I don't have to complete all 7 tasks, just 6 of them. ^

and do you think the "Authentic experiences" task is for e.g. 2 different hotels? Because it doesn't say distinct as it was last time with the cities
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:10 pm

Stay a total of 6 nights and earn 1,000 milles Aéroplan ,,,WOW

Well to be fair it's a total of 6000 miles with the rest of the challanges.

I had my earnings set to miles from the last one and this is what I get.

I think I'II take a break. Did pretty good on the last one, but this one is pretty bad.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
IHG simply have 2x similat bigwintasks, an HI taks and an HIE tasks. Looks like IHG copied block of text from HIE to HI tasks info and did not edit it afterwards, hence the misleading text you are seeing, not worth querying or worrying about.

And yes HI and HIE are separate brands (HI Resorts is lumped with HI brand)
Thanks. So you're saying I should trust the main page and not the T&C's? Although I tend to agree with your analysis, I feel ignoring T&C's might not be the best idea. I've reached out to IHG for clarification just to be sure.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Klimt
Be sure to notice what you have under the last "Win big" offer, at least I don't have to complete all 7 tasks, just 6 of them. ^

and do you think the "Authentic experiences" task is for e.g. 2 different hotels? Because it doesn't say distinct as it was last time with the cities
I noticed that too - mine said complete 4 tasks. But all I had was 4 tasks so seemed weird to me. But now I understand, people can complete some but not all. I wish that was true last time, I completed 7 of 8!

I'd imagine you have to stay at 2 different hotels. Seems unlikely they want you to have authentic experiences at the same hotel
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Sorry, I wish they had , but same 'Live the City Life' task abounds . Whilst clicking on t+c of tasks does not yet bring up task t+c's, and clicking hotels gives as before a fuller list, the main front page states

Live the city life

Stay at 3 of the following locations below and earn 16,800 points.
View offer terms and conditions
Book now

That wording is LOCATIONs, (not Hotels). As from UK, and English Language speaker, that 'LOCATIONS' wording means as before, different cities, no matter how hard youmay try to argue otherwise or that wording is ambiguous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.