Tel +1 404 946-9000
Fax + 1 Fax: 404 946-9001
Email: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
http://www.intercontinentalatlanta.com/
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/atlanta/atlbh/hoteldetail

Next station:
Buckhead served by Red Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays (?)

Recent Experiences
Royal Ambassador
January 2018

Ambassador Experiences
June 2018
July 2018
Print Wikipost

IC Atlanta (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

IC Atlanta (Master Thread)

I'm not a FT newbie, but I'm having the hardest time finding the IC Atlanta's Master Thread. So, either the FT search function is officially terrible, I'm incompetent, or there isn't a Master Thread for this property (find this incredible if true).

On another note, is there a master list as far as ICs (or as far as IHG properties in general)?? Similar to this for SPG: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...read-list.html

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:53 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

We do not have a master thread for ever IC hotel. The master master we have are listed in this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17720745-post2.html

If it comes to Royal Ambassador Experience, you want to have a look at this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20026124-post4.html

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Nothing very recent:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...periences.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-buckhead.html
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Not gonna lie--a little shocked nobody has posted on the IC Atlanta since '07.

I guess I'll bite. Any recent stays? (I'd love to change the title of thread now!)
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Where's the master thread for the IC ATL?

I stayed in October. Ambassador upgraded to a nice corner room. received a birthday cake after noting partners bday in reservation. AMB "welcome amenity" is free wifi. Self-parking is annoying and expensive. nice pool, gym, garden. Lobby was flooded with convention guests. everything is in good condition, clean. didnt get lounge access or try the onsite restaurant as it was pricey. MARTA Buckhead stop is an easy walk, as is Corner Bakery and Maggiano's.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:20 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Not gonna lie--a little shocked nobody has posted on the IC Atlanta since '07.

I guess I'll bite. Any recent stays? (I'd love to change the title of thread now!)
I have changed the thread title and depending how busy this thread will be, we might not get a master thread

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the title change.

How would you rate this IC's hard product compared to other ICs around the world?

Debating staying here verse SPG hotels (St Regis, Westin, W).

The price on the IC is amazing and the TripAdvisor reviews are pretty good. I guess I'm a little shocked it's not a more discussed property on FT?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:27 am

Hard product is comparable to other ICs. Location is pretty much similar to the other 3 properties, but havent been inside any of them.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:45 am

Looking to take my wife for a nice stay-cation with-in 120 miles of Atlanta with our free Chase card night.

Would this be the go to place?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by MoneyWOMcom
Looking to take my wife for a nice stay-cation with-in 120 miles of Atlanta with our free Chase card night.

Would this be the go to place?
It's certainly the most luxurious property, but Indigo Midtown may be better located, depending on what else you plan on doing.

Outside of ATL, there's the Indigo Athens.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
As mentioned in the previous post, the location is not particularly ideal for sightseeing or other tourist activities. It's in the financial district, I think.

I booked the hotel via FHR and stayed as RA. Staff were pleasant and the room was OK. I was told that my room was largest available for my stay (I did not ask for a big room though...), but it was located on a low floor so views were not nice. I can not exactly remember, but the room shape was a bit awkward and I did not particularly feel comfortable.

But the property itself is nice and I love the Southern Art & Bourbon Bar!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

What I'm hearing from here in elsewhere leads me to believe stays here are good, not fantastic, and the location is OK.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
It's certainly the most luxurious property, but Indigo Midtown may be better located, depending on what else you plan on doing.

Outside of ATL, there's the Indigo Athens.
I actually live in Athens and stayed in the Indigo when they did a 5000 point break. They gave us the Widespread Panic suite. It was pretty cool.

I stayed at the Indigo Midtown across from the FOX for the Halloween 311 concert of 2011. Very cool as well (although small rooms being an older hotel that has been remodeled).

I was thinking of doing and Asheville trip, but the IC Buckhead should allow us to go and get a nice dinner near by and enjoy the night.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:19 pm

It is a nice hotel, and I found the rooms to be okay, but the location like others have mentioned requires a car rental or MARTA pass to get around to the attractions. The Indigo is better located for that, and I think it is a neat concept, but the rooms (particularly bathrooms) are so tiny, think European hotel. A lot of people seem to stay there to see shows at the Fox.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.