Search

Ambassador upgrade... Suite?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA SPG
Ambassador upgrade... Suite?

Don't know if anyone can help but...

Thinking of joining the ambassador programme.

I understand it gives u complimentary upgrade of 1 room cat at check-in but I assume the hotel would not upgrade to a suite (if that was the next cat available)?

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:31 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I don't see why they won't upgrade to suite if a suite were available. If they DO NOT upgrade, they refund you something I believe. Just had this happen at the IC SF Howard St. where I booked a 1 bed suite and was not upgraded further.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patchan8984
I don't see why they won't upgrade to suite if a suite were available. If they DO NOT upgrade, they refund you something I believe. Just had this happen at the IC SF Howard St. where I booked a 1 bed suite and was not upgraded further.
Thanks. Staying at IC Asiana SGN in feb and will think I will book 1 cat below a suite!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:30 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by m1mwkerr
Thanks. Staying at IC Asiana SGN in feb and will think I will book 1 cat below a suite!
If you need a certain room it's always a good idea to contact the hotel ask about their Ambassador upgrade policy, and what room you should book if you want to stay in a certain category.

HTB.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, IC Ambassador, LeClubAccor Plat., Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Silver
The definitely do upgrade to a suite. But as others have mentioned it is worth emailing first to get the categories of what you will be upgraded to.

This is especially relevant at a hotel with a complex room structure of different rooms, different suites and different views - like the IC Hong Kong - as they won't upgrade you to anything with a Harbour View if you haven't already paid for a Harbour View room/suite.

However, at hotels with a more simple structure you can pretty much work it out based on the rates online. I recently booked the IC The Strings, Tokyo with my Ambassador free weekend night voucher. I booked the highest 'room' rate of a Premier King Room. They only showed one type of suite above this. Subsequently I emailed and they confirmed I would be upgraded to an Executive King Suite.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
+1 about emailing the hotel in advance.

Specialty suites that you see bookable online may not be "available" for upgrades. Better to know in advance.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:09 pm

I've noticed that the IC Toronto Centre now has "featured rooms" based on the floor level or view.

I was usually upgraded to a junior suite (a room with the bedroom and sitting area divided by a partition).

I'll report back on my stay this weekend as to what an Ambassador (not an RA) should expect.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Will email the hotel!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Priority Club, HHonors
I agree. IC's are pretty good about giving you the straight answer on upgrades in you inquire, "I'm Platinum Ambassador (not RA), and if I want to end up with this category via an upgrade what category do I need to book?"

Also, if you're staying over a weekend, the BOGO certificate you get with Ambassador membership pays for itself. You get 2 night for 1 in any category you book, and the hotel will generally upgrade you one category from that.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:04 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rgdave
Also, if you're staying over a weekend, the BOGO certificate you get with Ambassador membership pays for itself. You get 2 night for 1 in any category you book, and the hotel will generally upgrade you one category from that.
Don't forget to factor in that the BOGO rates are more expensive than what you would usually pay if you book in advance.

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.