Wiki Posts
Search

question on Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

question on Ambassador

If I splurge for the $200.00 and go Ambassador, is there a time of year that it is more advantageous to do so? For instance if I do it now - would my status last throughout 2014? Or is there a 12 month clock starting from time of enrollment, etc.

Any information will be appreciated.
Thanks,
bb
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
If I splurge for the $200.00 and go Ambassador, is there a time of year that it is more advantageous to do so? For instance if I do it now - would my status last throughout 2014? Or is there a 12 month clock starting from time of enrollment, etc.

Thanks,
bb
It's 12 months starting from membership month.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

Thanks,
bb

Earlier reply is not 100% factual. Whilst there is no particular calendar month that is more beneficial to sign up, the below does apply.

IHG will enrol you in Ambassador program for 12 FULL calendar months from applying
EG
1)Apply 28th October, membership year = 28/OCT/2013 - 31OCT2014 (Full months Nov 2013 - Oct 2014)
2)Apply 3rd October, membership year = 03/OCT/2013 - 31OCT2014 (Same Full months Nov 2013 - Oct 2014)

So by getting application into IHG at very beginning rather than very end of a month, you get almost 13months Ambassador Membership.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:49 pm

Thanks for the correction.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

OK - I have another question since you guys are so sharp on the Ambassador deal...

I just spent 15 minutes reading the terms for Ambassador level. It states:
  • If an IHG member has NOT achieved Gold, then they will be upgraded to Gold
and also
  • A NON-member will be upgraded to Gold

But it is silent on everything else. What about those of us who are Plats? Do we at least get to remain Plat? Or what if we have qualified for Gold. Do we get upgraded to Plat? Or do we get the exact same treatment as an existing member who did NOT achieve gold, or a non-member.

Seems kind of screwy...
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
OK - I have another question since you guys are so sharp on the Ambassador deal...

and also

But it is silent on everything else. What about those of us who are Plats? Do we at least get to remain Plat? Or what if we have qualified for Gold. Do we get upgraded to Plat? Or do we get the exact same treatment as an existing member who did NOT achieve gold, or a non-member.

Seems kind of screwy...
If you are a plat then nothing will change in your IHG status, you will still be a plat. The only change is if you are a regular member, then you will be upgraded to gold.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:37 pm

and also

Seems kind of screwy...
If you are Platinum you will stay as Platinum. If you are Gold, you would stay as Gold. So you're either Gold Ambassador or Platinum Ambassador. Though under the eyes of an Intercontinental frontdesk agent, I'm not sure would they upgrade you better if you were a Platinum Ambassador compared to a Gold Ambassador. Anybody has that experience?

All I know is the Gold or Plat is to distinguish your level in IHG Rewards Club.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:10 pm

when Intercontinental sees your account details when checking you in do they see that your a Platinum Ambassador or just an Ambassador?

Same question goes for IHG other brands can Hotel Indigo see that I'm also an Ambassador?

I ask because i stayed at the Hotel indigo Paddington in London a could months ago as just a Platinum member and i wasn't offered free PPV. Last weekend i stayed there again as a Platinum Ambassador and they told me i had PPV for free.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corkerd2
when Intercontinental sees your account details when checking you in do they see that your a Platinum Ambassador or just an Ambassador?

Same question goes for IHG other brands can Hotel Indigo see that I'm also an Ambassador?

I ask because i stayed at the Hotel indigo Paddington in London a could months ago as just a Platinum member and i wasn't offered free PPV. Last weekend i stayed there again as a Platinum Ambassador and they told me i had PPV for free.
I believe they can see if you are RA or Ambassador on top of the Gold/Silver status that is relevant at non-IC's they are really interested in.
Not only that, hotels see your points balance, number of stays to date in year, and each hotel will keep records of prevous guests preferences/stays to some extent.

non-IC Hotel will see your elite rating gold/platinum status for sure as an Ambassador gold/plat, as it is that gold/plat status that determines your non-ic room upgrade. As Ambassador Gold at eg CP + INDIGO + HI etc is not worthy of Plat bennies if not Platinum.

My memory is that the free PPV at Indigo Paddington goes with the Exec Room not with the platinum member status. So if you are in lower room type eg Deluxe, no free PPV. Would your stay room type explain the difference in your treatment?

At Indigo Paddington I was welcomed as Platinum , no upgrade as already booked the exec room though. Same at CP's. IHG hotel training gives reception/checkin staff a standard phrase to quote so at non-ic's always welcomed as Platinum not as Ambassador or RA.

At non IC's I would have said more a question of if they cane see if you are RA or Ambassador ontop of elite Gold/Plat.

I know from having stayed at CP the City in London hotels see both, as although Platinums get good upgrade to Deluxe (or club without lounge) as RA always get Club with Lounge from basic room starting with my firstr ever stay at CP the City.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well gang, I broke down today and splurged for the Ambassador. I'm a Platinum Ambassador.

If I could have one wish in all of this it would be that if I have a problem getting my points (from the various different promos) that there would be a special phone number just for Ambassadors...

?

I'm kind of excited to try this out. I may stay at Intercontinental Milwaukee for my first Ambassador stay.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:22 am

Benefits vary

It will be interesting to see how this works out for you. The individual hotels offer vastly different perks: In Toronto we got three cupcakes on a plate, no upgrade, zip. In Porto (while also using the F&F rate) was upgraded to a two-floor suite with a glass staircase to the very grand upper floor and a bottle of Port, fruit, etc. In NYC Times Square on BOGO+free annual night we have stayed twice and got upgraded to the top floor corner with amazing views both times. I justify the annual expense using the BOGO as offsetting the cost and consider the other perks as gravy and am never disappointed.

Well gang, I broke down today and splurged for the Ambassador. I'm a Platinum Ambassador.

If I could have one wish in all of this it would be that if I have a problem getting my points (from the various different promos) that there would be a special phone number just for Ambassadors...

?

I'm kind of excited to try this out. I may stay at Intercontinental Milwaukee for my first Ambassador stay.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Im using the IC chicago today for my first ambassador experience. Ill let you know what I get

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.