Staybridge Orlando Airport South (hot water issues)

Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Exclamation Staybridge Orlando Airport South (hot water issues)

Last week, I completed a two-night stay at the Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South (7450 Augusta National Drive).

Be warned there are ongoing issues with hot water at the property. Rather, lack of. I doubt it will be resolved. This supposedly is worse in the property's south wing (closest to the Ramada).

If you do stay here, choose the north wing (closest to the Hilton Garden Inn). That wing is all two queens, south wing is all kings. That's what the property GM told me.

^

The afternoon I checked in, I decided to take a shower at about 5pm. No hot water (maybe Luke-warm at best). I rang the front desk.

"Oh you need to turn the kitchen faucet and bathroom sink on"

After ten minutes, that didn't work. I decided to eschew the shower and headed down to the manager's reception for appetizers.

There, I met the GM. I told him about the issue. He said they'd send an engineer up. That never happened. The next morning, still no hot water.

Front desk gave me a different room. Same issue.

That evening, again at the appetizer sundowner, I ran into the GM. I asked him to come to the room (no, not like that) I wanted him to witness the Luke-warm water and/or tell me if I'm using the controls improperly.

He agreed there is, indeed, no hot water.

Him "I'd move you but we're sold out"

Me "can I move to the nearby HIX that you all share the airport shuttle with"

Him "they're sold out as well"

Me "okay, I'll move to the HGI or nearby HI"

Him "well, let me get you a new room here"

Me "but you just told me you're full tonight"

Him "we'll straighten up this room and assign it to someone else"

Me - thinking you'll then have two rooms worth of pissed off guests - "I'll just stay here"

(I had three middle of the night conference calls, everything was already set up, unpacked, I was really to lazy even to go to another property)

They did take 50% off the bill. But the GM reminded me I should really stay on the north side of the property next time if I really want hot water! He went into detail about how the boiler is over there.

Seriously.

@:-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.