Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Thanks everyone. By HI city centre do you mean HI festival city?
I was also considering the Sheraton Sharjah as it's the same price as the HI Festival city but now read that this is also quite a dump. I'm Plat with SPG so maybe also need to look at the Four Points near the airport.
Sorry: I got the name wrong. I was referring to the HI Downtown. It's not going to overwhelm you in any way, but it's (usually) cheap, and easy to get to. I'm there next week on an overnight stay. The HI Bur Dubai is quite a step up, often not much more expensive but not so convenient.

The CP badge adds quite a bit to prices, but little value if it's just a bed for the night you are after. The CP Deira in particular is exceptionally poor value.

For an overnight, you're making quite a meal of this . If you're aiming for an airport hotel, I think all of them involve shuttles or taxis. If you want value, you might as well go for the HIX - as I remember there's an IHG desk on the walk out of the customs area at DXB: they'd set you right on how to get to the hotel. If you want access to cafes and restaurants and a bit of a street buzz, the HI Downtown should do fine.

Going to Sharjah would be crazy.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:10 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
You are right :-)

The issue is that those HIs don't show any rooms when I search for 2 adults and 1 child. That's why the CPs came up. I don't have much experience in UAE, in Australia I would just book for 2 adults and wouldn't have a problem sharing the bed. But at HI in UAE I'm not sure especially not as I'd need to book a rate with breakfast.

I will discount the CP then and might look at HIx at the airport.

Sharjah was on the way to Ras Al Khaimah where we are heading afterwards. Otherwise agree it would be crazy.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Anyone stayed at this property recently? My last stay was a long time ago and I wasn't happy with the Club Lounge access fee, even for Spire members. Has anything changed? I imagine there's better value out there as the prices seem to have gone up a lot lately.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by rumbataz
Anyone stayed at this property recently? My last stay was a long time ago and I wasn't happy with the Club Lounge access fee, even for Spire members. Has anything changed? I imagine there's better value out there as the prices seem to have gone up a lot lately.
Dubai is literally full of hotels, many of which are far better - I would seriously think twice before booking this property.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by rumbataz
.... I imagine there's better value out there as the prices seem to have gone up a lot lately.
You imagine right. It's a hotel with very little going for it.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Any other IHG property that would be better value and provides decent benefits for Spires, at the same price point as the CP Deira? If not, I'll consider a non-IHG property.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Was at the CP Deira over the holidays. Honestly the property looked tired - and not a place I would ever stay at again.

We had 3 rooms booked - and had to switch rooms multiple times at check in because of the smell of smoke. They had put us on the club floor which is only non smoking - but either guests had smoked in those rooms or the smell had seeped in through the ventilation from the 3rd floor where smoking is allowed (just shocked that it is still done).

We wanted to be in Deira because we wanted something less sterile than all the hotels on Sheikh Zayed road where we have stayed in the past but unfortunately the smoking issues, the overall quality of the hotel was just not worth it.
Old May 2, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I just stayed here for 4 nights and I cannot say strongly enough that I do not recommend this hotel. They advertise themselves as 5 star Crowne Plaza but it feels more like a very aged 3.5 star Holiday Inn. The points price was low and I did receive a decent upgrade as a Diamond, but otherwise the experience was poor. The carpet was so dirty that I only ever wanted to walk on it in socks, the fridge had not been cleaned properly, the wifi signal was weak and did not work in the bedroom, the furniture and stained and very worn, the shower temperature was set to warm and could not be adjusted up or down (think the dial was broken). The staff were polite but seemed unhappy. Everything about this hotel seemed past-its-prime and faded.

For a market like Dubai, there are much much better options in the same price point e.g. I stayed at Hyatt Regency Deira after this stay and the contrast could not have been more stark.

In short, until this hotel gets a very badly needed renovation - avoid!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.