Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira (Master Thread)

Old Jul 9, 18, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Sydfly View Post
Thanks everyone. By HI city centre do you mean HI festival city?
I was also considering the Sheraton Sharjah as it's the same price as the HI Festival city but now read that this is also quite a dump. I'm Plat with SPG so maybe also need to look at the Four Points near the airport.
Sorry: I got the name wrong. I was referring to the HI Downtown. It's not going to overwhelm you in any way, but it's (usually) cheap, and easy to get to. I'm there next week on an overnight stay. The HI Bur Dubai is quite a step up, often not much more expensive but not so convenient.

The CP badge adds quite a bit to prices, but little value if it's just a bed for the night you are after. The CP Deira in particular is exceptionally poor value.

For an overnight, you're making quite a meal of this . If you're aiming for an airport hotel, I think all of them involve shuttles or taxis. If you want value, you might as well go for the HIX - as I remember there's an IHG desk on the walk out of the customs area at DXB: they'd set you right on how to get to the hotel. If you want access to cafes and restaurants and a bit of a street buzz, the HI Downtown should do fine.

Going to Sharjah would be crazy.
Old Jul 9, 18, 1:10 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: IHG Spire Royal Amb, HHon Diamond, Marriott Titanium...Airlines: BA Gold (OW Emerald), LH SEN** (*G), QF Gold (LT Silver), VA, UA
You are right :-)

The issue is that those HIs don't show any rooms when I search for 2 adults and 1 child. That's why the CPs came up. I don't have much experience in UAE, in Australia I would just book for 2 adults and wouldn't have a problem sharing the bed. But at HI in UAE I'm not sure especially not as I'd need to book a rate with breakfast.

I will discount the CP then and might look at HIx at the airport.

Sharjah was on the way to Ras Al Khaimah where we are heading afterwards. Otherwise agree it would be crazy.
Old Feb 25, 19, 4:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Anyone stayed at this property recently? My last stay was a long time ago and I wasn't happy with the Club Lounge access fee, even for Spire members. Has anything changed? I imagine there's better value out there as the prices seem to have gone up a lot lately.
Old Feb 25, 19, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by rumbataz View Post
Anyone stayed at this property recently? My last stay was a long time ago and I wasn't happy with the Club Lounge access fee, even for Spire members. Has anything changed? I imagine there's better value out there as the prices seem to have gone up a lot lately.
Dubai is literally full of hotels, many of which are far better - I would seriously think twice before booking this property.
Old Feb 26, 19, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by rumbataz View Post
.... I imagine there's better value out there as the prices seem to have gone up a lot lately.
You imagine right. It's a hotel with very little going for it.
Old Mar 3, 19, 3:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Any other IHG property that would be better value and provides decent benefits for Spires, at the same price point as the CP Deira? If not, I'll consider a non-IHG property.

Search this Thread