FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1497186-big-win-promotion-fall-2013-a.html)

FLYGVA Aug 24, 2013 6:06 am

Priority Club has just launched their new promotion, which runs from September 01, 2013 to December 31, 2013.

A selection of different single promotions, which might vary according to some reports in the internet in relation to your stay pattern. There is a bonus if all promotions are completed until December 31, 2013. The following example is what some people got:
  • Try one and done: Stay at any IHG hotel and receive 1,000 Points
  • Stay more and earn: Stay a total of 4 nights and receive 4,000 Points
  • Explore more brands: Stay at 3 different IHG brands and receive 10,000 Points
  • Book with us: Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,000 Points
  • Win in a weekend: Stay 2 Saturday nights and receive 8,000 Points
  • Get an additional 25000 Points if all promotions are completed until December 31, 2013.

Registration is open now via https://win.ihg.com/amer/us/en/login...6C-US-EN-Hotel

Collection of samples

Sample 1 - seems for not stay this year
  • Try one and done: Stay at any IHG hotel and receive 1,000 Points
  • Stay more and earn: Stay a total of 4 nights and receive 4,000 Points
  • Explore more brands: Stay at 3 different IHG brands and receive 10,000 Points
  • Book with us: Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,000 Points
  • Win in a weekend: Stay 2 Saturday nights and receive 8,000 Points
  • Get an additional 25000 Points if all promotions are completed until December 31, 2013.

Sample 2
  • One stay is all it takes (Stay at any IHG® hotel and receive 1,000 Points)
  • More nights. More points (Stay a total of 6 nights and receive 7,000 Points)
  • Mix things up (Stay at 3 different IHG brands and receive 14,000 Points)
  • Booking direct really is the best (Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,400 Points)
  • ake it and win (Complete a simple survey and receive 100 Points)
  • Saturday stays just got better (Stay 2 Saturday nights and receive 4,800 Points)
  • Finish with a really big win (Complete all of your offers and receive 41,000 Points)

Sample 3
  • Try and done - Stay at any IHG® hotel and receive 1,000 Points
  • Stay more & earn more - Stay a total of 48 nights and receive 21,800 Points
  • Explore our brands - Stay at 3 different IHG brands and receive 14,000 Points
  • Survey the win - Complete a simple survey and receive 100 Points
  • Live the city life - Stay at 2 of the following locations below and receive 7,200 Points (Madrid, Amsterdam, Munich, Paris, London)
  • Win in a weekend - Stay 7 Saturday nights and receive 8,800 Points
  • Win big - Complete all of your offers and receive 53,000 Points

KathinJax Aug 24, 2013 6:06 am

The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Originally Posted by boxo (Post 21513312)

I've just had to scroll through 16+ pages of 20 posts looking for Carolyn's clarifications because I couldn't remember the current handle. Thanks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21351708-post310.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21356926-post347.html

.......[/url]

I am registering my family for the "Win Big Promotion and this is what I have:

Offers:

Try One and Done 1,000 points for first stay
Stay More and Earn More - 4 or 5 nights
Explore Our Brands - 2 brands
Book with Us - Book 2 separate stays on mobile or website
Survey the Win - Take a survey
Win in a Weekend - Stay 2 Saturday nights
Spend it to Get it - Put your stay on your IHG Visa
Live the City Life - Book 2 stays at select hotels
Win big - Complete all offers

Each person received a slightly different variation. The minimum was 50,000 points and the the rest of the offers were in the 80,000 points. The account that received the stay in select cities received the biggest offer, 107,600 points.

Life the City Life Hotels are located in:

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vancouver
Montreal
Chicago
Denver
Los Angeles
New York
San Francisco
Seattle
Washington, DC
Mexico City

Needless to say, my sister that received the city life offer will not be attempting this challenge. She had redeemed nights in NYC, so I think that is why she received the City Life challenge, when no one else did. However, the cities are not near to us and would require her to travel to those places.

For the rest of us, I am going to have to look at the out of pocket cost vs our redemption to determine if mattress running is worthwhile.

swag Aug 24, 2013 7:40 am

Big Win

My offer is roughly similar to the previous poster's. My max total is 98,000.

And I guess I can be the first to chime in about ambiguity.

The Live the City Life offer on the splash page says:
"Stay at 2 of the following locations below and receive 10,800 Points", and then shows a subset of the list of participating hotels.

This is the hardest of my offers, and the stays to fulfill would likely be mattress runs. I could hit 2 different hotels in DC relatively easily, though, except...

When you click onto the T&C, it says (bolding mine):
"Number of bonus points or miles listed above will be rewarded after stays at required number of distinct cities from the following list of cities: New York, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Vancouver, Montreal, Mexico City and San Paolo..."

If I have to get to a distinct city and not just a different hotel, it might become a non-starter for me.

chromeez Aug 24, 2013 7:52 am

"The Big Win" promo

Got my offer of 77,900. Same requirements as above posts.

Anyone think reward nights will count for stay/night requirements? o.0

And how about if this promo will stack with the other 2013 promo's?

mitpat474 Aug 24, 2013 8:40 am

What is this "big win" promo?

tycosiao Aug 24, 2013 9:06 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474 (Post 21327988)
What is this "big win" promo?

A new promo where if you complete all the requirements, you get a lump sum of points.

Just like crack the case 2 or 3 years back.

tycosiao Aug 24, 2013 9:09 am

Originally Posted by skywater (Post 21327290)
Is Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express regarded as different brand for this
Great China Promotion?

Yes, HIX and HI are different brands.

mitpat474 Aug 24, 2013 9:09 am

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 21328089)
A new promo where if you complete all the requirements, you get a lump sum of points.

Just like crack the case 2 or 3 years back.

I Just googled around and seen! Sounds really good.. but I can't seem to open the registration page.

kuraudrius Aug 24, 2013 9:47 am

How to register?

I can't open the register page either.

How do you folks manage that?

holtju2 Aug 24, 2013 9:59 am

Originally Posted by kuraudrius (Post 21328260)
I can't open the register page either.

How do you folks manage that?

Seems that the Registration Page is not fully functional in all of the servers/cloud that IHG uses. It opens up just fine when I open it using a VPN connection in the States, but doesn't work from Asia

mitpat474 Aug 24, 2013 10:06 am

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 21328308)
Seems that the Registration Page is not fully functional in all of the servers/cloud that IHG uses. It opens up just fine when I open it using a VPN connection in the States, but doesn't work from Asia

Worth trying via proxy then?

holtju2 Aug 24, 2013 10:12 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474 (Post 21328337)
Worth trying via proxy then?

Correct. I use VPN.

northernstar84 Aug 24, 2013 10:22 am

BIG WIN promo code is 1330

jtpc Aug 24, 2013 10:25 am

If Toronto was part of the "City Life" section, the "Big Win" would be reachable for me. I'll be able to get the number of brands, nights, the 1st stay and survey from mine, but that's it. Traveling to 2 different cities to net around 45,000 points isn't worth it, since if I really wanted 45,000 more points, I could take advantage of the current "buy points and get 100% more bonus points" offer for far less money than it would cost to travel to cities and stay there.

Wollstonecraft Aug 24, 2013 10:31 am

This promo annoys me deeply as there is really no way I can get the big prize. For some reason, my "Get out there" offer is for hotels in Australia and Japan. I visited both for vacation recently, but given that I am based in the US and Europe, it is highly unlikely I will again in the next few months. Oh well, guess it is set up that way and I will get a few points out of it.