The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by nvoi
if anyone needs a resort stay in south-east asia, i will be happy to do so at holiday inn batam as an additional guest.

if anybody will be in japan or australia, i would appreciate if you could stay as my additional guest.

PM me and I'll be happy to make the reservation.

im a japan resident who travels to china on business a lot and I didnt get either of these as an option in my big win
go figure!
Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
What about the AAA rate? Someone posted earlier that it should count but can anyone confirm receiving credit or not after completing a reservation made with it?

Also, do the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express count as separate brands?
I used AAA for both my stays so far and it credited toward all Big Win promotions those stays qualified for (stay once, stay at 2 brands, etc).

Yes, specifically Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express count as separate brands. But there are some other variations on the Holiday Inn name that count as the same brand as Holiday Inn.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
I'll be in DEN, LAX, and BOS next week. I already have accommodations for my own win big promo. If anyone needs any of those cities, PM me. I'd be more than happy to check in. (Obviously not the properties I'm staying at tho).

Wash, DC, NY, and Chicago later this fall.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
A little something extra

This was nice: I know someone (not me, unfortunately) who had a stay in August and paid with the PC Visa card. When the points for the hotel charge posted on the PC account in September, it triggered the 1,500 point Spend it to Get It bonus. (Although in typical PC fashion it posted as Spend it to Win It.)

The SITGI bonus also shows as being completed on the Big Win website. There have been no stays since the promotion started, so it had to have come from the stay last month.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Aren't there any sites where you can get miles or cashback for your IHG reservations? It looks like IHG has withdrawn their properties from most of these sites.
Mr. Rebates offers cash back still, I believe. I was concerned that they wouldn't post the book with us points going through those sites, so I opted not to worry about the cash back, just in case.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Mr. Kipper's stay from the 21st has yet to post for his standard points, let along his Big Win points.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 7:23 am

Anyone has Family and Friend's Rate posted which count towards Big Win?

Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:13 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I used AAA for both my stays so far and it credited toward all Big Win promotions those stays qualified for (stay once, stay at 2 brands, etc).
I can confirm this data point as well.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Also can confirm for AAA rate.

I finished my stay requirements last week but now am waiting for the survey link to be active to get the rest of my (measly) 25,100 points. Anyone had luck with this or know when it will be active?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:41 pm

Just got my first 1,000 points posted after my last week's stay. It was booked long ago with rate I got calling the hotel directly.

Two more Saturday night stays to go for me to get my full 98,000 points.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Do Entertainment card rates qualify under this promotion? TIA.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
FLYGVA, could you please post the links to the two official IHG posts regarding this promo in Post #1?

I've just had to scroll through 16+ pages of 20 posts looking for Carolyn's clarifications because I couldn't remember the current handle. Thanks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21351708-post310.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21356926-post347.html

PS - And please update the "company lurkers" info in the Master Thread. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11488838-post1.html
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:05 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bearvest
The unintended consequence. The greater the loyalty--- the more difficult to win big.
Exactly. For example, I have to make three stays in one of these cities:

Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Tokyo and, of all places: Sendai (Japan, about 300-400 km north of Tokyo)

I'm based in Europe -- no way I'm going to make a trip to Australia for this competition. I've actually been to Tokyo last week, but it was completely uneconomical to stay at the ANA Tokyo IC. And a side trip to Sendai would have cost another $200-300. I'm probably only going to get the 1000 points for staying once out of this promotion (4 brands/15 stays for more points). Even though I might put in a cheap night at an HIX to get 16000 points for the 4 brands...

HTB.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Can u get credit for 2 diff hotels same nt same city

Do people think if U check in @ 2 different brands(H.I. & C.S) in same city for same night they will both count? That would make doing the Sat. night requirement and the different brands easier to do.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by rrohio
Do people think if U check in @ 2 different brands(H.I. & C.S) in same city for same night they will both count? That would make doing the Sat. night requirement and the different brands easier to do.
Unlikely, as one will post as Overlapping Stay and with zero points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.