Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: IHG Amb,Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver
Anyone done BRG stay and can confirm that it was count as a stay for Win Big promo?
I done one night BRG stay few day ago and so far it has been recorded as non-qualified stay which is ok, but nothing change on Win Big progress
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
If anyone needs a stay in Bangkok or Singapore I will be able to help out. PM me and we can work out the details.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by walduk70
Anyone done BRG stay and can confirm that it was count as a stay for Win Big promo?
I done one night BRG stay few day ago and so far it has been recorded as non-qualified stay which is ok, but nothing change on Win Big progress
I had 2 stays around 2 weeks ago - still not posted under win big promo, have emailed ihgcare and still waiting on a response.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:22 am

A reward stay (non-qualifying) just posted and increased the number of qualifying brands.

Based on this, does it count for the Win Big Promo in terms of "stay x brands" and receive y points?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: IHG Amb,Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I had 2 stays around 2 weeks ago - still not posted under win big promo, have emailed ihgcare and still waiting on a response.
In my case, paid stays has be credited correctly in both Rewards Club and Win Big in about one week time.
My last, one night BRG stay has one been tracked only in my account, nothing changed in Win Big progress.
Carolyn confirmed in post #310 that BRG bookings will count as stays for this promo so I hope IHG will sort it out soon.

Let us know , please if you get respond from igfcare.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by aldemar
A reward stay (non-qualifying) just posted and increased the number of qualifying brands.

Based on this, does it count for the Win Big Promo in terms of "stay x brands" and receive y points?
Rewards nighta will only be count for Elite Qualifying stay but not for Win Big promo.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:39 am

I can confirm that 2 nights BRG stay with free first night, has been posted in Win Big promo as 2 nights Qualifying Stay.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:10 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by walduk70
I can confirm that 2 nights BRG stay with free first night, has been posted in Win Big promo as 2 nights Qualifying Stay.
How did it post to your account and how did you find out as what it posted to the Win Big promo? All I can find there are empty, half-filled and full circles with no further details.

HTB.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by htb
How did it post to your account and how did you find out as what it posted to the Win Big promo? All I can find there are empty, half-filled and full circles with no further details.

HTB.
got badges
also my offers has been ticked off
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by htb
Where do you find circles? I only see a check mark for full completion of a task.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
I do find it amusing that on the list of hotels for the city stays I have Stalybridge Suites, Birmingham (UK), which does not open until Feb 2014!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 3:21 pm

2 Saturday stays

I got the sample 1 tasks (from the first post) to do and was wondering if I book two rooms in the same hotel on the same day (a Saturday), would that satisfy the 2 saturday stay task?

Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by sriki
I got the sample 1 tasks (from the first post) to do and was wondering if I book two rooms in the same hotel on the same day (a Saturday), would that satisfy the 2 saturday stay task?

Thanks.
Earlier this afternoon I came across verbiage, somewhere, which prohibited credit for this. It's in the T&C some place.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
This promo annoys me deeply as there is really no way I can get the big prize. For some reason, my "Get out there" offer is for hotels in Australia and Japan. I visited both for vacation recently, but given that I am based in the US and Europe, it is highly unlikely I will again in the next few months. Oh well, guess it is set up that way and I will get a few points out of it.
Agreed. I'm actually going to hit all of the other tiers, except this one. I'm traveling around Europe & SE Asia during this whole promo period - and all the "Live the Life" City hotels are in North & South America. So silly that they give you almost no chance to make it. Still, I'll end up with about 40,000 points from the promo. With my stay points, I'll have 50k, which is about 2 free nights at a decent property. Not too bad IMO. But clearly could be better.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: LX M&M FTL, Aegean Gold, Mabuhay Miles Platinum
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
I do find it amusing that on the list of hotels for the city stays I have Stalybridge Suites, Birmingham (UK), which does not open until Feb 2014!
Same with the new Indigo hotel in Düsseldorf, that is also on the list of hotels for city stays. From their website:

Announcements

OPENING SOON!

Book the Hotel Indigo Dusseldorf - Victoriaplatz now for stays from January 3, 2014 onwards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.