Plte/pltg 2014

Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire for what its worth
Plte/pltg 2014

Did we ever get concrete proof that having PLTE 2014 or PLTG 2014 in your history meant you got Plat extended to end of 2014 as a comp?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
I called in and that is what I was told. Not sure if that's the concrete proof you are looking for and I can't find anything written about it but since it's a stated benefit I think it's probably accurate.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:41 am

Last week I recieved a package that has new card showing plantium for 2014, along with a letter stating that I was given plantium for next year. The package also stated that we would get free wifi, including if you are not staying at that property. BTW, I am plantium for 2013, but I have only stayed 7 nights this year.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, BW Diamond
I too requested a new card after the change of name in the program. Inside was a 'note' saying 'Thank you for your continued ..... as a token please note you are Platinum through 2014.' - or something to that extent.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire for what its worth
Just got my new card and it has 2014 expiry, even though I am still a few days short of re-qualifying, would probably have just made it anyway.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
This makes sense - I was surprised to get PLAT for 2014 in today's post despite only staying 2 nights YTD and only accruing a thousand or so qualifying points. However looking at my history I see:

"IHG Rewards Club - PLTG - 2014"

from June 2013

Hey ho - not sure it'll sway my bookings next year (I've been PLAT since 2008).
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: FB Silver, QR Silver, LeClub Accor Silver, PC Plat
I got the "IHG Rewards Club - PLTG - 2014" mention on my account a few months back, then received the Plat kit saying I was Plat for 2014.
But today, tadaaa, my online account indicates I'm now Gold, with a "fast track tracker"...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by honker
I got the "IHG Rewards Club - PLTG - 2014" mention on my account a few months back, then received the Plat kit saying I was Plat for 2014.
But today, tadaaa, my online account indicates I'm now Gold, with a "fast track tracker"...
Same with me. I have been downgraded to Gold as I logged in now. I was still a Platinum last week, as the HI Sukhumvit still can see the Platinum, however, I was only given room upgrade with no benefit. Upon checked out I overheard the convseration that the guy was upgraded and can access lounge because he is a Platinum.

Well now I know may be they know I am soon to be downgraded Platinum?

Well in this case, I may decide to stay at Novotel instead of Indigo in HK and work my way to Accor Gold. In my opinion Accor treat their Gold member better than IHG treats their Platinum.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
Well in this case, I may decide to stay at Novotel instead of Indigo in HK and work my way to Accor Gold. In my opinion Accor treat their Gold member better than IHG treats their Platinum.
I agree with you. I have sent IHG a scan of my card and mail that mentioned plat for 2014, will see what I get from that.
There are great Accor properties everywhere I will travel this year so I will have no issue switching
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:37 am

In my opinion Accor treat their Gold member better than IHG treats their Platinum.
I would agree with you on that one, mainly due to the fact that very few people get gold without having to work for it. Platinum is a different story.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Same with me. I have been downgraded to Gold as I logged in now. I was still a Platinum last week, as the HI Sukhumvit still can see the Platinum, however, I was only given room upgrade with no benefit. Upon checked out I overheard the convseration that the guy was upgraded and can access lounge because he is a Platinum.

Well now I know may be they know I am soon to be downgraded Platinum?

Why bother with Accor Gold?? With a new email address (same postal address) it is easy enough to sign up as 'new first time Accor member' with INSTANT PLATINUM .

Then Accor post card to you after your first stay

PS. Don't try to then merge your gold into plat, that used to work, but Accor now seem to look out for this.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:02 pm

I agree with you. I have sent IHG a scan of my card and mail that mentioned plat for 2014, will see what I get from that.
There are great Accor properties everywhere I will travel this year so I will have no issue switching
Let me know the outcome. Thinking about it, I think sending the Platinum card with expiry on 2014 may be a mistake. They may have accidentally made the platinum member expiry to 2014 when they do "conversion" in july.

Did you make any inqury about missing points? I did. That's probably the trigerring point for the "downgrade" as I only can requalify as Gold in 2013.

But again since they made a mistake, they should just honor it, shouldn't they. Anyway they do offer Platanium to someonw who switch over. Totally unprofessional.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:58 pm

Did they reply you? I sent mine. They simply don't care. They said based on you record you only qualify as Gold. The card was sent when you were Platinum. What a joke!!!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Why bother with Accor Gold?? With a new email address (same postal address) it is easy enough to sign up as 'new first time Accor member' with INSTANT PLATINUM .

Then Accor post card to you after your first stay

PS. Don't try to then merge your gold into plat, that used to work, but Accor now seem to look out for this.
It seems that the Accor hotels can see your member's stay history since they treat real Accor Gold better than the instant Platinum.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 1:30 am

Did they reply you? I sent mine. They simply don't care. They said based on you record you only qualify as Gold. The card was sent when you were Platinum. What a joke!!!
They did not, despite the usual "will get back to you within 48 hours" email.
Most of my travel is for leisure (out of my own pocket) and, as much as airlines don't care about discounted Y pax, I know they don't need my ~20 nights a year. I will happily put them elsewhere- was about to book IC KL to get the points but booked at the Shangri La instead for only a couple $ more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.