Wiki Posts
Search

suggestions for the Buffalo NY 14214

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:52 am
RCC
Original Poster

suggestions for the Buffalo NY 14214

I have to stay in the 14214 with family (wife and 2 very young kids) and family friendly hotel. Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
Most properties are older and dated. I would go out of my way to stay at the HIE at the airport.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:32 pm

I prefer the Staybridge on Transit to the HIE BUF if you're going to expand the circle that wide...

There is also a cluster of hotels around the Galleria which would be a bit closer to where you want to be, of which I like the Residence Inn the best.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I prefer the Staybridge on Transit to the HIE BUF if you're going to expand the circle that wide...

There is also a cluster of hotels around the Galleria which would be a bit closer to where you want to be, of which I like the Residence Inn the best.
+1 The Staybridge at Transit & Sheridan Drive is the nicest Intercontinental hotel in the area, although it's about 10 miles away.

If you need to be closer, the Doubletree in Amherst regularly shows up on Hotwire for a reasonable rate.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
+1 The Staybridge at Transit & Sheridan Drive is the nicest Intercontinental hotel in the area, although it's about 10 miles away.
Agreed, I stay there on my occasional trips to NYC.

Good Platinum recognition.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
If you absolutely have to stay at an IHG property, the Staybridge on Transit Rd is a good choice. I also highly recommend the HIE in Hamburg - it's one of the nicest HIE properties I've encountered, although it might be too far out of the way from where you want to be. The HIE by the airport has good elite recognition but their rooms (especially the bathrooms) are worn. The other IHG properties in the area are only worth staying at if you're getting a free stay from the BRG.

If you don't mind other chains, my personal favourites are the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport, Doubletree downtown, or Embassy Suites. Don't bother with the Doubletree Amherst - the rooms are too tiny and way overpriced!
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:16 pm

You can stay at my former residence...494 Crescent Ave which is located in 14214

Don't know what the landlord would say....

Moved out in 1976

Hertel-Parkside is a decent neighborhood but it is all zoned residential

Easy 20 minute drive to the Falls if the kids have never been. May want to find a place there and commute in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.