Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG ski in/out properties

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
no I meant a pain to get from the airport to the hotel.
you have to get 3 trains I believe and takes 3 hours nearly
even by car, its a 2.5 hours ride from the airport
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Holiday Inn Express Snowmass (at Aspen), rebranded about 3 years ago from (independent) Wildwood Lodge. Stayed there 5-6 years ago when it was the Wildwood Lodge, was not particularly nice. Apparently it was significantly refurbished but recent TripAdvisor reviews indicate there is still much to be desired. I guess it would be okay if one just wanted a reasonably priced room a 2 minute walk to the Snowmass slopes.
Wildwood was an SPG property and shared amenities with the adjacent Westin. But I've heard that it's just an OK property.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, BW Diamond
The Holiday Inn Express at Mont Tremblant is very close to being ski in/out. There is a ski path that skirts the east side of the pedestrian village that stops about 100 steps from the HIE.

BTW: This HIE was converted from the former Le Kandahar hotel in 2014.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Now that the Snowmass location is closed, looks like Western USA only has HI Steamboat Springs - and that one is not ski-in/ski-out. Any others west of Denver?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by boekel
even by car, its a 2.5 hours ride from the airport
On a bad day maybe, it should be easily doable in 2 and in the evening less than that. For some reason it seems to take longer on the way back, whilst the routing out to Davos is major roads away from the airport my satnav has always guided me back through central Zurich.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by bearvest
HIX in Park City.

Not ski in or out, but 20,000 points per night redemption is a bargain.
It's 3.5 miles (8 minutes) to the Canyons Village, 6 miles to Park City Mountain, and 8 miles to the Snow Park part of Deer Valley Resort, 10 miles (18 minutes) to the Silver Lake part of DV. And, 7 miles to Historic Main Street. You either need a car, or use our great (free) bus system, or Uber/Lyft it... I lived out there by the HIX in Kimball Junction and worked at all 3 resorts at one time or another, so those mileages are pretty good. the times are good because I knew how close I could cut it to make it to work at Canyons and my car reminds me every work day now how far it is to work and I know exactly how long it takes if I hit all the lights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.