Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do European IC's typically recognize Platinums..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Do European IC's typically recognize Platinums..

..and give you the appropriate benies? Thinking mostly of England, France & Austria.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At ICs, you will get better treatment as a Gold Ambassador than as a Platinum. A lot of the better IC benefits are tied to Ambassador status.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by philemer
..and give you the appropriate benies? Thinking mostly of England, France & Austria.
What are the Platinum benefits at the InterContinental hotels? You need to buy the Ambassador.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by holtju2
What are the Platinum benefits at the InterContinental hotels? You need to buy the Ambassador.
I was hoping for free wi-fi.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Got late check-out as Plat and discount for lounge access at IC Berlin.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:32 am

Got an early check in and an upgraded room at IC Westminster in London about 3 weeks ago.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:00 am

Got free wi-fi and late check-out as Plat at the IC London Park Lane
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Frederik123
Got free wi-fi and late check-out as Plat at the IC London Park Lane
How late did you get?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:11 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
I received some paprika powder and a wooden spoon in Budapest as a gift.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat Elite Royal Ambass, HHon Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hertz 5*
I have gotten suite upgrades and welcome gifts at London IC, Athens IC and Rome IC, great treatment and better service than at some US IC's..
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:24 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ozgirl61
I have gotten suite upgrades and welcome gifts at London IC, Athens IC and Rome IC, great treatment and better service than at some US IC's..
That is because you are RA.

This thread is about bennies at IC's to Platinum Elites who are not ambassadors.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by scubaccr
That is because you are RA.

This thread is about bennies at IC's to Platinum Elites who are not ambassadors.
Well spotted. I was going to say she was remarkably lucky to get a suite at the IC Park Lane as I've only had one once as a RA. Normally get an executive room.

I think the IC Park Lane probably has so many Ambassadors staying there that upgrades for others are unlikely. The IC Westminster has more of a top of the line Crowne Plaza feel to it, rather than a real IC.

philemer - Platinum (and Gold) members get free wifi in all IHG properties since July, the hotel has no say in that.

Despite what some here say officially IHG Elite benefits do apply in ICs, but as most of the benefits are discretionary it means a non Ambassador can end up with nothing. But then you've got a good chance as a plat to get nothing (except the free wifi) from a Holiday Inn as well!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I've never had any recognition from any non IC property as a plat in Europe ever. Asia is a lot better.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:41 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; SAMSUNG GT-I9100/I9100BVLPH Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I've never had any recognition from any non IC property as a plat in Europe ever. Asia is a lot better.
Then you have been unlucky - i've had 90% success on upgrades in HIs and CPs in Europe this year, plus a choice of 500 points or a free drink at Hi or Club Lounge at CP. Less at HIXs but they don't have much to upgrade to (except HIX Dublin Airport who upgraded me to a Club room at the CP next door which was unexpected)
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by ag51
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; SAMSUNG GT-I9100/I9100BVLPH Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Then you have been unlucky - i've had 90% success on upgrades in HIs and CPs in Europe this year, plus a choice of 500 points or a free drink at Hi or Club Lounge at CP. Less at HIXs but they don't have much to upgrade to (except HIX Dublin Airport who upgraded me to a Club room at the CP next door which was unexpected)
I agree, I have been doing much better this year compared to previous years in terms of upgrades. Here in the UK, I have usually had them at HI and CP, (not relevant for HIX as the rooms are all the same). Although Indigo has not been as good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.