Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I just might be done with Priority Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum

Their customer service is beyond pathetic. I get the feeling they do not understand the value of customer's time.

My reservation was cancelled, not by myself, but by the hotel, or the corporate reservation system. I had to call and held for hours to settle this issue. The platinum line is useless. They do not value my time, why should I give them my money?
First the system showed two reservations under the same date, then I finally got a hold with Emma from the UK guest relations, she said she will investigate. then today I found out in my system the reservation is gone..

I was not offerred any compensation, they are still investigating. I mean, that's just sad, I feel sorry for them.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Was your reservation finally cancelled?

What was the explanation given by Priority club?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Did you actually check with the hotel?

There are a couple of hotels where once the reservation is moved onto their internal system (usually only a short time before the reservation is due), it *might* disappear from the online booking system and CS say that the hotel have cancelled it.

I have had this happen a couple of times, the most recent being Hotel Indigo, Birmingham.

It is a bad that this happens at all, but it may be worth calling the hotel direct.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum

I called the hotel, finally get this settled. But I wasted A LOT of time, and my mood is completely ruined
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I am surprised that you did not get any answer from PC. The first thing they do is to check the system, and then they call the hotel.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Maybe they didnt like how I got my platinum from a status match
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by StevieCRock
Maybe they didnt like how I got my platinum from a status match

Having granted you a status match, why should IHG impede your stay at one of their hotels?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

It's not like they are impeding me, idk.

Question, anyone know if an upgraded room at an intercontinental hotel is suppose to have a fruit dish in it?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not like they are impeding me, idk.

Question, anyone know if an upgraded room at an intercontinental hotel is suppose to have a fruit dish in it?
No

That's just the (R)A amenities (with water).
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:37 pm
uk1
Suspended

Things will seem less important and better tomorrow!
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nicolas75
No

That's just the (R)A amenities (with water).
then I guess I did get an apology.. some fruits..in a plate. guess I should be satisfied........?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
then I guess I did get an apology.. some fruits..in a plate. guess I should be satisfied........?
That may well be a standard amenity for all guests in the room type(s) assigned -- perhaps even in (most) all rooms. Depends on the property, as at some properties it is nothing special and just standard.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uk1
haha, that's true. I'm not mad at not receiving points compensation or anything, I'm mad, well maybe not mad, but disappointed and bugged, because their nature of handling the issue is by transferring me back and force to a one hour hold line, of which the rep does not even speak understandable english, at least I had some trouble figuring out what she was trying to say..; everything they transfer me to some other line, they new rep is always not informed of what was going on, so I had to tell the story over and over and over again..

not to advertise spg or anything, but one click to chat is light years ahead of this .. whatever this is..
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by uk1
I'd agree with that. I had some utterly lousy service from the IC in Buckhead, Atlanta. I complained to IHG, they forwarded to the hotel. The hotel contacted me asking to "make it right" - I provided contact details, but they never followed up.

I could get angry and demand they help me, but the answer is much easier for me. There are lots of hotels in the area, I'll just stay elsewhere next time. The loss is theirs given I visit the area frequently.

Some properties in a group will let you down. I find it best to just not use them again, otherwise you'll only feel mild irritation the next time you go there. Just vote with your wallet, but it's not just a wider IHG problem (although they are rubbish at dealing with complaints most of the time, admittedly).
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:33 pm
uk1
Suspended

We use to go to a place called Picket Suites in Buckhad. I think it became something else (the IC?) but use to be great because ..... you always got a suite! None of this upgrade stuff .. you booked a suite .. you got a suite!

The only problem was the hotel van driver use to insist on praying before every trip which didn't fill us with optimism.

I'm sure you'll find an alternative in Buckhead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.