Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Club Chase Card Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Priority Club Chase Card Question

Decided on a recent app spree to grab this card due to the elite status that comes with it. Not a huge user of the properties in our travel, but figured why the heck not, because we have a couple of drive stays coming up and could use them and see what kind of services they are giving out for platinum status.

We have the Marriott Chase card as well as the Citi Hilton card (both higher end of the 2 they offer) and as soon as we opened them and made a purchase, status was changed on our account to reflect what the card offers. Gold for Hilton and Silver (although it bumped us to Gold on Marriott).

After several weeks with Priority no change. So I contact Priority and after a mess of automation on the phone I speak to a nice lady that was definitely from overseas and she said its on Chase's end to update and they probably have the wrong member number. So I hang up and call Chase and they say it is definitely a Priority issue as they seem to be the slowest to update out of all the hotels they deal with. So I call Priority back and get another lady from overseas and she says it takes 6-8 weeks and that they did have it on the account and its showing (it even has my credit card listed on file saying what it is).

Is this normal? Get the card, but cant use the upgraded status for 2 months? Seems kind of off to me as every other brand has had no issue making the changes immediately.

I swear I even asked the lady at Chase to change my card to Hyatt right then and there, but she said I would have to close this account and reapply and I dont want to go through the hassle yet.

What are your thoughts?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:59 pm

Well, I applied for the Priority Club card in mid-May and the status didn't show up until the first statement closed in the first week of June. Along with the sign-up bonus for meeting the required spend.

I can't remember how things worked with cards I got earlier, but I do know that I experienced the same with the Club Carlson card that I got during the same round of applications; the status bump didn't show up on their website until the first statement closed.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response. I should have expected that, but with Hilton and Marriott getting it done immediately I assumed....And we all know what they say about those that assume. Im kicking myself for not going Hyatt right now.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by TheTourVan
Get the card, but cant use the upgraded status for 2 months? Seems kind of off to me as every other brand has had no issue making the changes immediately.
If it's any consolation, IHG plat benefits aren't all that great. Still, the card is worth keeping if for no other reason than the plat benefits, no overseas forex fees, and best of all: One free night certificate when the annual fee is due. I've used mine at IC's in Paris and Sydney.

Compare that with the Marriott card, which is also Chase-issued: No forex fees, chipped card, but no automatic elite benefits (only more status nights with more spend), and the annual free night is restricted to low-to-moderate end Marriott's. Card is OK to churn for bonus points, but I won't be renewing the Marriott card. Can't find Marriott's at enough destinations; many more IHG properties worldwide.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bowgie
If it's any consolation, IHG plat benefits aren't all that great. Still, the card is worth keeping if for no other reason than the plat benefits, no overseas forex fees, and best of all: One free night certificate when the annual fee is due. I've used mine at IC's in Paris and Sydney.

Compare that with the Marriott card, which is also Chase-issued: No forex fees, chipped card, but no automatic elite benefits (only more status nights with more spend), and the annual free night is restricted to low-to-moderate end Marriott's. Card is OK to churn for bonus points, but I won't be renewing the Marriott card. Can't find Marriott's at enough destinations; many more IHG properties worldwide.
I dont disagree, but then if you include the Hyatt card, you are back to square one. We talked to Chase today and they were awesome. Agreed to dump it and move our limit to the Hyatt card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.