IC Marseille Hotel Dieu Master Thread [merged]

Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Football Fan
I said it jokingly . We enjoyed the terrace today. The air conditioning is not strong, but it didn't stop working, so everything is fine.
I truly think those terrace rooms are the best to get, when we stated I think that really made the stop in Marseille special. I get your joke about the French..
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Congrats to the team at the IC Marseille for Best Terrace in a city in a hotel in Europe!

https://twitter.com/ICMarseille/stat...77372990652416

I'll be back very soon!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy
Congrats to the team at the IC Marseille for Best Terrace in a city in a hotel in Europe!

https://twitter.com/ICMarseille/stat...77372990652416
^^

I would be my vote too!
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...32688880111616
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just had another great stay, again in the stunning Prestige Harbor Suite. And this time I tried L'Alcyone the top restaurant. It too was excellent and very interesting as a special place in Marseille.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Red Bull Crashed Ice starting at IC Marseille

Very impressive :

http://www.redbullcrashedice.com/m/f...seille-complet
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:03 am

I've just booked a rate including breakfast not realising that RAs now get breakfast amongst other benefits - https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...bic-experience

Also applies to Porto and the Amstel.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes I should report in this thread that I've had two stays under the new Club Experience policy. Upon arrival, as long as it's not after 10pm as the night shift doesn't know much about this, you have a club welcome, sat down at the desk and you are introduced to your Club host or hostess. They are there to take care of your every need. Aside from breakfast in the restaurant, just like a normal club, there is a tea-time and an aperitif time. So you go to the bar and let them know you are a Club guest and they have a menu of drinks and food. One problem is that you don't have a choice with the food. They just bring out a 3 or 4 tier display of food, one for tea and one for the aperitif. Its a lot of food, but some I cared for and some I didn't. They very earnestly asked me for my opinion about this whole club thing and the one comment I have is to let the guest decide what they would like to munch on. Some would like peanuts, some would like salmon, some would like empanadas, etc. But they bring all that and then some. I hate letting good food go to waste.

Aside from the limited drinks menu included for the Club aperitif, they still give the free drink coupon to RA's which is nice. It's good for any cocktail on the bar menu or Champagne. And RA's still have access to the excellent Clarins Spa. ^
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
And RA's still have access to the excellent Clarins Spa. ^
Do you mean non RAs don't?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Do you mean non RAs don't?
I'm not sure if AMB's get access. Maybe. But non members have to pay to access the spa. Or of course anyone who books a treatment has access. And the pool is free to all guests. When you want access to the spa area, they give you a key card that opens the door to the spa. So it is controlled. And of course no kids allowed in the spa area, but they can access the pool.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by FlightNurse

We were on the 5th floor, facing the harbour great room the balcony was huge and really made for a wonderful experience, these are the rooms to get.

Hi, what is this room category called ?

Thinking of taking my Mother there for a couple of nights for her 70th birthday treat (not over her actual birthday though sadly).

Am a PLAT and might become an AMB. Wish I did it late last year as I had a few IC stays I hadn't planned on and it would have been worth it then & for now - Hindsight !! don't often stay in ICs but have had an uncommon run of them recently (including the fantastic IC Danang).
Cheers.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Is the air conditioning generally poor in this hotel ?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
No
Why should it be so?

(by the way, I love sleeping with the window open with the beautiful view over the Vieux Port)
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hi, what is this room category called ?

Thinking of taking my Mother there for a couple of nights for her 70th birthday treat (not over her actual birthday though sadly).

Am a PLAT and might become an AMB. Wish I did it late last year as I had a few IC stays I hadn't planned on and it would have been worth it then & for now - Hindsight !! don't often stay in ICs but have had an uncommon run of them recently (including the fantastic IC Danang).
Cheers.
Executive Room, we were on the 5th floor facing the Harbour, when making reservation ask for this room

Originally Posted by nicolas75
No
Why should it be so?

(by the way, I love sleeping with the window open with the beautiful view over the Vieux Port)
We were there in Sept and it was warm, but like you slept with the doors open to the balcony which had a nice breeze at night.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just to report after another stay, a great idea for people who want to learn a thing or two about the area. We did a Segway guided tour this past weekend which was excellent. The concierge arranged with a local guide who did an amazing job. He not only knew the old quarters behind the hotel, he knew nearly everyone there and they all knew him. I've been staying a lot at this hotel since it first opened and I thought I knew the area, but gosh was I wrong. There is so much interesting history, both ancient and more recent and so many cool little side streets/corridors. I highly recommend the Segway tour. Someone told me it was €60 for 3 people and after it was over I was sure it was €60 per person, because it had that level of value. But no, it is just €20 per hour/per person. It was my first time on a Segway, but it was quite easy to master.

And to the air conditioning, it was quite hot on Friday at around 32 degrees. The AC in the room was not powerful enough to make it very cold, but it was good enough for me. I slept very well.

Also there was a popular celebrity book charity event at the hotel. We were surrounded by celebrities the whole weekend and some of us took lots of photos with them. All very relaxed on the terrace and everyone had a great time. Since the celebrities took all the suites, I was upgraded to a "family room" which is quite large and bigger than an Executive room, but without the terrance. There were apologies all around for not being able to give me the usual Prestige Harbor Suite.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus, IC Ambassador
Ambassador Upgrade from Executive Room to ???

Hi there,

I have just booked through IHG and am wondering if I get my executive room upgraded to Executive with Terrace or if they might try to give me Deluxe with Harbor view? I am a bit torn whether I feel the better view will be worth having a smaller room, but since the jump from executive to executive w. terrace is big i dont know if they will honor that.

what are peoples experience with ambassador upgrades?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.