Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Soho (left IHG)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Soho (left IHG)

This hotel seems to be in a good location, SOHO area (83 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan Hong Kong) and wide open award availability 15000 points or 5K+70USD, plus free breakfast.

It looks like a modern high-rise hotel in the SOHO area and would be the first hotel with double platinum of Green LEED certificates. I have never stayed in a hotel like this. It's kind of cool how google map shows the construction of the site. It seems like the opening has been pushed back several times. Anyone knows any insight, reviews?

Last edited by aarato; Aug 26, 2012 at 11:15 am Reason: Changed 50K to 5K
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
I think you mean 5k + $70
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Forget about the free breakfast - I read some reviews on TA for the HIE in Causeway Bay and people are definitely not fond of the breakfast. HK is a eating paradise and there are tons of great places to eat around HIE Soho.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
I was just looking at this property as well for my 5 night stay late November. Can't seem to find any reviews yet. Has anyone stayed here?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Originally Posted by daiseee
I was just looking at this property as well for my 5 night stay late November. Can't seem to find any reviews yet. Has anyone stayed here?
Was also looking at this location. I don't think you will find any reviews as it looks like a new hotel from the google earth street view.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
It seems like they are opening on Sep/15. Any takers to review this hotel first?

What I want to know is:

1. How is the free breakfast?
2. How does the LEED cert affect the quality of stay, such as shower water pressure, lighting, heating, AC, etc.

This is from the website:
To achieve this, the design and construction of the building need to be "Green" concerned and oriented on sustainability, water efficiency and energy.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
I just tried a dummy booking for this weekend and rooms came back as bookable. So it must be open?
* just tried again - in fact no rooms come up for this weekend! Prob isnt open yet...as prev. noted

Last edited by daiseee; Aug 26, 2012 at 1:55 pm Reason: corrected error
Old Aug 26, 2012, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a new hotel and it's planned to open Sept 15.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:54 am

What is a LEED hotel?!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:25 am
alc

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
What is a LEED hotel?!
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.

Here is the link from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaders...nmental_Design
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by daiseee
I just tried a dummy booking for this weekend and rooms came back as bookable. So it must be open?
* just tried again - in fact no rooms come up for this weekend! Prob isnt open yet...as prev. noted
A few weeks ago I booked some nights in May 2013, as I should be attending an exhibition in HK then, and the booking was confirmed. The price of HKD 1200 (+ 10% tax) should increase as this int'l show closes in.

The Causeway Bay one has to be my favourite HIX anywhere hands down, mostly because of its location (the vast majority of them being in the middle of nowhere!). It's true that breakfast is poor, but with stays of 1 to 3 nights I've never had the need to eat anywhere else.

I'm not that familiar with Sheung Wan, but the subway station is nearby, so I'm looking forward to trying it, and I'll be glad to read your reviews about it.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
I booked four nights in mid-october on cash and points. I will report back after the stay, if the hotel is open by then. 5k PC + 70USD per night
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
So I dont know HK at all but this hotel has just the right amount of points for me to book.

As far as location is it pretty ok?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrkymark
So I dont know HK at all but this hotel has just the right amount of points for me to book.

As far as location is it pretty ok?
Yep as long as you don't have tons of bags to drag around.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 5:07 pm

You need to take a taxi to get there. The location is uphill and not close to any public transportation.

The night life is kool there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.