Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Soho (left IHG)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: StarAlliance (UA 1K), PriorityClub (Plat), SPG (Plat), OneWorld (AA), SkyTeam (KLM), Marriott (Gold)
At this hotel now.

Checkin was smooth but there was no recognition of plat status and no upgrade offered. I did get a room on level 37 though. They gave some soft drinks as a pc member,

The room itself is modern and clean. Negative points for me are

- the bed is on the firm side
- water pressure in the bathroom is on the weak side
- limited ameneties

The bathroom ameneties are toothpaste and a soap dispenser. There is no shampoo, conditioner, body lotion or mouthwash. They do offer to provide extra ameneties if you forget some though.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:38 pm
alc

Originally Posted by ConfusedInJapan
The bathroom ameneties are toothpaste and a soap dispenser. There is no shampoo, conditioner, body lotion or mouthwash. They do offer to provide extra ameneties if you forget some though.
Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by ConfusedInJapan
Toothpaste, but no toothbrush?
IIRC these are the same amenities that the HIX Causeway Bay has to offer.

After all, I can't think of any other HIX that provides toothbrush and toothpaste. But maybe it's a cultural thing of Asia and something expected for this type of hotel, of which there are not many within the IC Group outside Greater China.

Mind you, I have a booking for the Ibis Tokyo Shinyuku, and one its highlights according to the website is the toothbrush in the bathroom...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: StarAlliance (UA 1K), PriorityClub (Plat), SPG (Plat), OneWorld (AA), SkyTeam (KLM), Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by josmon10
Toothpaste, but no toothbrush?
IIRC these are the same amenities that the HIX Causeway Bay has to offer.

After all, I can't think of any other HIX that provides toothbrush and toothpaste. But maybe it's a cultural thing of Asia and something expected for this type of hotel, of which there are not many within the IC Group outside Greater China.

Mind you, I have a booking for the Ibis Tokyo Shinyuku, and one its highlights according to the website is the toothbrush in the bathroom...
Yep, there is a toothbrush as well (It's the usual toothbrush with a small toothpaste in the same packet).

I think all hotels in Japan (even the very cheapest) include toothbrush and toothpaste. I always wondered why this wasn't standard in other countries TBH.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: American, BA, NWA, United, US Air
Holiday Inn Express, Hong Kong Soho

Hi everybody,
Searched this thread for above mentioned hotel and came up with naught. Has anybody stayed at this hotel, or know more about it than I? The rates seem doable, also points + cash. It is on 83 Jervois Street, close enough to touristy places, I guess. Can somebody help me with insights?
Thanks in advance.
Old May 14, 2013, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Haven't stayed that one, but the one in Kowloon, both are new hotels. According to TA, it's an no frill hotel - small rooms, basic facility (soap dispenser), and a very nice buffet breakfast.

Location is great if you are a tourist. Don't expect much and you will be fine.
Old May 15, 2013, 9:19 am

Thanks, nacho. This will give us at least some knowledge what to expect. We'll keep looking.
Old May 16, 2013, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No problem - I'm from Hong Kong and I go back to visit my family at least once a year. So let me know if you have questions.

I stayed at Sky City Marriott, Courtyard Hong Kong, HIE and CP Kowloon East during my previous visits.
Old May 16, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & 1M, Hilton Gold, IHG Rewards Plat
I stayed there a couples months ago. Room and breakfast were better than HIX Causeway Bay Hong Kong, but I think location is better at Causeway Bay. A little bit far and slightly complicated if you walk from MTR stations (Sheung Wan or Central) and it's slope way to the hotel. I remember WiFi is free for all customers and there was a self-service laundry room.
Overall I liked this hotel.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 27, 2013 at 10:06 pm Reason: link to existing thread deleted after merging threads
Old May 17, 2013, 2:20 am

I stayed here in April on transit back from HKG. I was please fly surprised. It's s very nice hotel with good amenities. Decent size and breakfast was not too bad either.
Old May 18, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
I stayed here end of last year and found it reasonably good hotel - meaning HIX standards of course. It's a new hotel in a decent location and (at least when I stayed there) still quite affordable option. Can't remember exactly, but I believe it was not more than 1000HKD/night.
Old May 19, 2013, 2:59 pm

Thanks, nacho, for your offer on information. Actually, I am wondering about the connection from the ferry terminal (we shall be coming from Macau) to HIE, Soho. There is Info on connection from the airport, but not from ferry.
Overall, we'll probably reserve this hotel for our autumn trip. Of course redeption now is up to 20K. C'est la vie.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hakluyt
Thanks, nacho, for your offer on information. Actually, I am wondering about the connection from the ferry terminal (we shall be coming from Macau) to HIE, Soho. There is Info on connection from the airport, but not from ferry.
Overall, we'll probably reserve this hotel for our autumn trip. Of course redeption now is up to 20K. C'est la vie.
The ferry terminal is like 5 streets north of the hotel, you can even walk there and it will take you 15-20 minutes walking. You can take a taxi from the ferry pier - the ride could be up to 15 minutes since there are tons of one way streets.

When you get off the ferry, walk towards Sheung Wan MTR station. Then exit at Exit A2 Cosco tower, from there it's max. 500m to the hotel.
Old May 23, 2013, 1:49 pm

Smile

Thanks nacho. Your information is really helpful and very much appreciated.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I stayed here as a Platinum last night, and really liked it. Location wise, it's a few minutes walk from the Sheung Wan MTR stop, or if you take the airport express to Hong Kong Central then it's the first stop on one of the free shuttle buses. Being in Soho, there's loads of great places to eat and drink within a 10 minute walk.

I was given an upgrade to a high floor, but sadly not on the harbour side, so I had good views up towards the Peak. Looking out the window near the lifts, I think the rooms on the other side ought to have some great harbour views. Bed was very comfortable, compact but well designed bathroom, internet worked well, and there was a fridge hidden underneath the suitcase stand! As a platinum, I got a chocolate bar, and they put a few soft drinks into the fridge. They also offered a late checkout, and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant on the 2nd floor. Mixture of local and western options on the buffet, but hands down the best HIX breakfast I've had!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.