Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is it so difficult to deal with IHG reward program?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Why is it so difficult to deal with IHG reward program?

I just finished a stay in intercontinental singapore and I booked luxuary weekend rate on its website. Today it shows that unqualified stay AGAIN. I have 16 intercontinental stays this year. I had to fight my points and stay credit back four times. MY GOD! I never had this kind of problem problem with SPG, HYATT and MARRIOTT. Do they also increase their cost for that? I am RA and I feel very disappointed with their customer service!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:30 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I had non-qual night issue this month, for extra night tacked onto an IC stay. Hotel payment system could not merge the two stays so I paid two separate invoices. The first nights posted qualifying and 4000pts, extra night posted non-qual 0points.

Asked hotel by email to correct to qualifying night, and got two replies. first lady saying they would correct and give me 10K for their mistake, and a second lady saying I am not entitled to points as a continuous stay but the earlier 10K offer would be honoured.

My reply email explaining that I never asked for points for extra night, but for night to be altered to a qualifying night, resulted in hotel then contacting IHG to update the night, which changed to qualifying and 4000points.

End result of issue was I ended up my qual night, and also with 14,000 extra points, 2K of which were elite points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.