Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club - Discussion / Information about new Priority Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Rewards Club - Discussion / Information about new Priority Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
I'm wondering if guests are able to test the quality of the WIFI internet. I don't trust the hotel one single bit. And according to the press release, hotels will be giving tiered internet....

It seems likely that certain hotels within the group will opt for a tiered access policy, with Solomons saying that the free provision “will be your basic internet access, and there’s no question that some of the hotels will be looking at different offerings and probably if you want very high speed or very expensive streaming then there maybe a different offering for that”.

So I don't really have any hope that this "benefit" will really be a benefit... It's more of pulling wool over consumers eyes..
Good Point
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
You must be doing something terribly wrong to get 2k per stay as a RA. 4k is the absolute minimum. I average ca. 8k/IC stay
As I understand only the base points count for status nowadays.

Globalist
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:20 pm

I'd like more information on changes to the Ambassadar/RA program, if any. Lack of guaranteed benefits on award stays is definitely the killer for me, and free club access would be a huge plus.

If reward nights count toward RA qualification as well, then that will eliminate my main complaints with the program.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
This seems a bit odd. The only tangible benefit for elite status starts in July 2013 then disappears in January 2014? I don't see any other reliable consistent tangible benefit currently as a Plat (albeit I only tend to stay in IC's and the odd CP, certainly when a Plat in the past and staying at HI's and HIX's I saw no real tangible benefits except the odd HI club room.
I agree. The only new benefit here is free wifi - which is for elites for several months and then for everyone.

The other new announcements aren't benefits, they're qualification changes. Benefits are what you get WHEN you qualify...and right now, those benefits are pretty skimpy.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
I'd like more information on changes to the Ambassadar/RA program, if any. Lack of guaranteed benefits on award stays is definitely the killer for me, and free club access would be a huge plus.

If reward nights count toward RA qualification as well, then that will eliminate my main complaints with the program.
This has been my continued compliant for years now, especially overseas. I dropped my AMB status this year , non renewal and chose not to stay for RA rather Hyatt Diamond. I already Marriott Life time PLT. So it's not like I don't frequent preferred hotels !
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:40 pm

There's nothing stopping you from "stopping by" for a coffee and a breakfast. Just pay for it. Properties are not giving away free coffee.
Radisson goldpoints used to provide exactly that for elite members - free coffee and internet at any of their properties, irrespective of a paying guest or just freeloading, this was called "our world, your lounge". Since they dropped it by renaming their fgp club carlsson, I didn't bother to requalify...
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I agree. The only new benefit here is free wifi - which is for elites for several months and then for everyone.

The other new announcements aren't benefits, they're qualification changes. Benefits are what you get WHEN you qualify...and right now, those benefits are pretty skimpy.
Or pretty much non existent. So why would anyone bother to qualify for Plat in 2014 based upon current benefits and the higher threshold?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:19 am

Or pretty much non existent. So why would anyone bother to qualify for Plat in 2014 based upon current benefits and the higher threshold?
Most people probably either get the credit card, happen to qualify due to stays paid by corporate, or are RA and are automatically PLT.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:02 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards
Hi Everyone,
We're really excited to announce the new changes for the loyalty program today! Now that I think about it, I need to update the username for this account to IHG Rewards Club!
Originally Posted by chrisksc
For the "Rewards Nights that Count Towards Elite Status", I wonder if there will be a "point value" given in the case for people who qualify under points rather than stays.
Originally Posted by GordonUK
Platinum Elite members’ “extra” nights will roll over toward maintaining their status in their next membership year
@PCR - I've already qualified for Plat next year on points, rather than nights. Do points also rollover into next year? Also how will points on a reward night be valued? Finally, points or nights earned between now and July, do they count for rollover purposes?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 5:42 am

Why would anyone bother to qualify for Gold in 2014?
10% bonus + priority check in (which rarely happens)
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Any ideas on what will happen with the Chase Priority Club Rewards Visa?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by scubaccr

I think PCR/IHG corporate are announcing early in a bit of a panic before they have finalised the new program and benefits changes, due to PCR/IHG members voting with their feet since January.
+1- teasing half way through the benefit year leaves me cold. esp as my AMB renewal is coming up shortly and I am trying to decide whether to bother.
I happen to prefer the AMB program as a standalone.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:32 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Just pay for it. Properties are not giving away free coffee.
Staybridge does (at least in the States).
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Why would anyone bother to qualify for Gold in 2014?
10% bonus + priority check in (which rarely happens)
I was thinking the same. Given that Gold as with Plat will take more to achieve, that Gold benefits could improve. I'm not saying upgrades but surely Gold has to count for more than it does now.

Maybe a 25% bonus instead of 10% would be a start?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by canolakid
+1- teasing half way through the benefit year leaves me cold. esp as my AMB renewal is coming up shortly and I am trying to decide whether to bother.
I happen to prefer the AMB program as a standalone.

As I see it from experience at many locations in Europe AMB really does nothing for you especially if your PLT ! you get nothing other than a possible minimal room upgrade, no internet no breakfast as you do with other brands.

Which is why I have cancelled my AMB renewal this year. If one was RAMB then I think there is a reason, but in reality that is more for international travel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.