Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club - Discussion / Information about new Priority Club

IHG Rewards Club - Discussion / Information about new Priority Club

Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:11 am

It's my opinion from reading the release with scanty details that Ambassador and PC will still exist independently...
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:13 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Parts of this are very clever - encouraging points burning by crediting award nights as qualifying stays will help IHG's balance sheet liabilities whilst giving something to members.

However ...

Given that free internet is going to be offered to all members, there needs to be more tangible benefits to Elites, particularly Plats.

Like Shareholder, last year I'd accumulated well over 60,000 points (excluding a one-off credit card bonus) by the end of Q1. This year, I'll sit around 15,000 qualifying - of which nearly half is from credit card spend - so IHG needs to offer me something to encourage me to push to maintain Platinum - guaranteed upgrades or free breakfast would be a good start.

In a lean travel year, I'll likely be struggling to maintain Plat now (so the multiple brand offer could be interesting when it arrives), and I might even need to use the paid UK Black Visa option to maintain status occasionally. Like everyone else, I won't pay for credit cards unless there's a tangible benefit in return, and IHG must gain a fair bit from my annual spend, so it must be in their interests to give me something back to retain me both as a hotel and card customer.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
As others have stated, this is just IC PC playing catch-up to what other elite programs already offer and IMHO this isn't going to get me to move any $ back to them. I was expecting more than just a catch-up after the devaluation!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
General sentiment, pc is catching up or attempting to do so. And they have a long way to go and lose a lot of members while doing so.

Still, as an RA i have not seen any compelling event for me to stay, if my may stay in asia will only earn 2000 points then thats it.

Too much advertisement and too little content!

Globalist
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MP (Miles+Points)
IHG is playing a catch up game here, although good for members, perhaps a little bit too slow and too late.

Free Internet, Reward nights count towards elite status, and roll over nights to next year, are all existing features of Marriott Rewards.

What they didn't say is - the current upgrade policy will be changed next year as well.

I've just done a busy trip in the Far East, Platinum no longer receive club rooms in China HIs - this has been confirmed by a number of HIs. In my memory, they always upgrade Plat to Club without asking, but not this time. Questioned, and each time been told "once the new elite policy is in place, the upgrade policy will be changed in 2014".
Reward nights do not count toward elite status with Marriott
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
This is good, but there's still catching up to do. I would like to see free breakfast and club access for Platinum guests, like I get as a HHonors Diamond.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Great news!

I personally like the name change to "IGF Rewards Club". I always thought it was funny how IHG's rewards program "priority club" didn't even have the company name included such as "hilton honors"..."marriott rewards"

FREE wifi is a huge deal for me...I use that 24/7 when I travel for work and also for leisure.

On my business trips I am often in a hurry to leave and skip breakfast anyway. OIn my leisure trips, I always sleep in too late and miss breakfast..lol. So while free breakfast would've be nice, ill take these changes and just smile

Regarding upgrades: I guess I have just gotten very lucky, but I get upgrades throughout the USA very regularly in HI's and CP's! I stayed in December '12 at the CP the City London for 4 nights on points...got a room upgrade, free wifi and loung access. Also breakfast included for the first day. ^
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:17 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
I don't see any mention of benefits on award stays, so I seriously doubt that there will be any. It would be nice for the official company rep to clarify this point.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
I don't see any mention of benefits on award stays, so I seriously doubt that there will be any. It would be nice for the official company rep to clarify this point.
Like i mentioned in my post above...I got FULL benefits at the CP the city london as well as my go to vacation spot...the z ocean hotel south beach. I've been upgraded on 4 consecutive award stays there with free wifi and free breakfast on one of the stays. Those rooms run over $500 at times..

So again, am I just lucky? lol
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:40 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Like i mentioned in my post above...I got FULL benefits at the CP the city london as well as my go to vacation spot...the z ocean hotel south beach. I've been upgraded on 4 consecutive award stays there with free wifi and free breakfast on one of the stays. Those rooms run over $500 at times..

So again, am I just lucky? lol
It is random. I've been specifically told "no minibar" as an RA, but more often than not I get most benefits. It needs to be ALL benefits, ALWAYS.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Business Traveller says:

Fast track to Gold Elite status in 10 nights (instead of 15) if you stay in 3 different brands
Fast track to Platinum Elite status in 40 nights (instead of 50) if you stay in 4 different brands

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-loyalty-schem
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
It is random. I've been specifically told "no minibar" as an RA, but more often than not I get most benefits. It needs to be ALL benefits, ALWAYS.
I understand...I am just a Plat member, so I can just relay my experiences at HI's and CP's. On reward stays, I usually email in advance with a nice email and it has worked like a charm to get a favorable response.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83
Reward nights do not count toward elite status with Marriott
but with Hilton
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Business Traveller says:

Fast track to Gold Elite status in 10 nights (instead of 15) if you stay in 3 different brands
Fast track to Platinum Elite status in 40 nights (instead of 50) if you stay in 4 different brands

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-loyalty-schem
That sounds quite nice, wonder when they will actually bring that in. i.e if it will be for 2013 or only next year.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:53 am

Here's the press release

http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?PageID=116&NewsID=2937

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.