Tel +81 6-6374-5700

Link to Hotel
http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...ha/hoteldetail
www.icosaka.com/en/

Upgrade policy
according to this post by Raynyan, the hotel upgrades as following:

Rewards Club Members
Club Member/Gold: No upgrade
Platinum/Spire: One level upgrade depends on availability (Basically same to non-RA Ambassadors)

Ambassadors
#At least guaranteed as below, Club is not given for Non-Club category booking
Superior to Deluxe
Deluxe to Deluxe View
Deluxe View to Suite
Suite to Corner Suite
Corner Suite to same room with Suite rate

Club Room (Club Deluxe) to Club Deluxe View
Club Deluxe View to Club Suite
Club Suite to Club Corner Suite
Club Corner Suite to Executive Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Deluxe Suite to same room with Executive Suite rate

One Bedroom Superior Residence to One Bedroom Deluxe Residence
One Bedroom Deluxe Residence to Same Room + 10000pts
Two Bedroom Superior Residence to Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence
Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence to Two Bedroom Premium Residence (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Two Bed Room Premium Residence to same room with Two Bed Room Deluxe Residence rate

Royal Ambassador
Superior to Club Deluxe View
Deluxe to Club Suite
Deluxe View to Club Corner Suite

RA should not book Suite and Club Room
Both Deluxe Suite and Executive Suite are exception of two level upgrade.

Corner Suite to Executive Suite (or same room +10000pts, Depends on availability)
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Deluxe Suite to same room with Executive Suite rate

RA will be given Club access for all of Residence Room with one level upgrade.
No across the Bedroom category. (No upgrade from One Bedroom to Two Bedroom)
No upgrade to Three Bedroom Residence.
Print Wikipost

IC Osaka (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
IC Osaka (Master Thread)

Lack of good hotels in Osaka in my opinion, and this place looks like it could be a contender.

Now taking reservations for July 1 onwards~~

Fantastic location. Looks like it is going to be in that massive construction site (that has been going on for ages) between Umeda/Osaka - Grand Front osaka.

http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...ha/hoteldetail

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/201.../#.UU_lERz-GuA
Old Mar 25, 2013, 1:45 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe the best known (only?) luxury hotel in Osaka is the RC. IC's are often solid upscale hotels but rarely luxury hotels.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
And there's St Regis Osaka.....!!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:58 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I believe the best known (only?) luxury hotel in Osaka is the RC. IC's are often solid upscale hotels but rarely luxury hotels.
The IC London Westminster is a luxury hotel, best rooms, service, location, art, food and drinks, plus style. Highly recommended.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by instyleprincess
And there's St Regis Osaka.....!!
I haven't stayed at the St Regis, but I heard good things from a colleague. I have stayed a couple of times at the Ritz Carlton: it's a very solid hotel. But I think those are generally considered the only contenders.

The IC looks to be be less than a kilometre form the RC, just on the other side of Osaka Station.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:51 pm

I forgot about the St Regis Osaka. I am just back from Japan and was going to try the RC, but the visit to Osaka got canceled. Will probably try to get to the RC on my next trip.

And I didn't realize there was an IC Westminster! I have tried IC Park Lane once and won't likely be back again.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There are some IC's that are better than some Ritz C's, and if you book a top suite at a top IC it is definitely a luxury experience. However we have a special forum here for IHG and Starwood for the St. Regis properties. So you would best take those discussions there.

It's been a long time since I was in Osaka, but I thought the Prince hotel was nice for a business class hotel, and there are some luxury Ryokan's in Osaka.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I have tried IC Park Lane once and won't likely be back again.
+1

Originally Posted by stimpy
There are some IC's that are better than some Ritz C's
True! For example Amstel Hotel in Amsterdam, IC Berchtesgarden or Carlton Cannes.

Last edited by offerendum; Apr 2, 2013 at 10:08 am
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: SQ KF
Does anyone have any recent experience to share, at this hotel? Thinking of a stay in December, in a Club Room.

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:44 am

Given the turn this thread has taken, I believe that it will get better exposure in the FT dedicated IC forum, so I am going to move it there.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by offerendum
+1

True! For example Amstel Hotel in Amsterdam, IC Berchtesgarden or Carlton Cannes.

I've tried some of the almost top suites in these hotels

Park Lane - London Suite - absolutely awesome duplex suite same view as the lounge.

IC Berch - Panoramic Suite - awesome views, very friendly staff
Amstel - Royal Suite - great views from the suite, breakfast was lovely
Cannes - Greta Garbo Suite - much better than the 1 bedroom suite std upg for RAs but the service of the FD staff can be really off putting
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by tshep
Does anyone have any recent experience to share, at this hotel? Thinking of a stay in December, in a Club Room.

Thanks in advance!
I went there in August .Cheapest room (circa Ł200) got RA upgrade to a nicely laid out suite .Only stayed one night but seems a pretty decent property. No idea with rgds to Club...
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Do we have some reviews of IC Osaka, especially w/r/t RA treatment? I've been trying hard to stay there, but have been put off by the rates ... 30k yen (and up) for the dates of my recent trips, while the St Regis was sub-20k. For reference, the SR is an excellent hotel with great SPG Plat treatment; wonderful breakfast, a couple of drink coupons, 3k/nt minibar allowance, and very consistent suite upgrades. Can the IC top that?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:56 am

What a interesting forum. I joined myFlyerTalk only few minutes ago so If I made some mistakes I pray you to correct me. Forgive my poor English too.

What about the Hyatt Regency Osaka? It seems to be a good five star hotel even if often the Hyatt's brand "Regency" is not at the same level of outstanding single brand company such as Ritz-Carlton or St.Regis
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by FelixKrull
What a interesting forum. I joined myFlyerTalk only few minutes ago so If I made some mistakes I pray you to correct me. Forgive my poor English too.

What about the Hyatt Regency Osaka? It seems to be a good five star hotel even if often the Hyatt's brand "Regency" is not at the same level of outstanding single brand company such as Ritz-Carlton or St.Regis
Welcome to FT!

The HR Osaka is several notches below SR and RC, and has a very poor location. It's a business hotel more on par with the Westin and Hilton. Reasonable rates and good elite treatment, but IMO the only Hyatt worth considering in the region is HR Kyoto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.