FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Osaka (Master Thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1452055-ic-osaka-master-thread.html)

peachy3 Mar 24, 2013 11:54 pm

IC Osaka (Master Thread)

Lack of good hotels in Osaka in my opinion, and this place looks like it could be a contender.

Now taking reservations for July 1 onwards~~

Fantastic location. Looks like it is going to be in that massive construction site (that has been going on for ages) between Umeda/Osaka - Grand Front osaka.

http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...ha/hoteldetail

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/201.../#.UU_lERz-GuA

RichardInSF Mar 25, 2013 1:45 am

I believe the best known (only?) luxury hotel in Osaka is the RC. IC's are often solid upscale hotels but rarely luxury hotels.

instyleprincess Mar 25, 2013 2:05 am

And there's St Regis Osaka.....!!

uggboy Mar 25, 2013 5:58 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 20477542)
I believe the best known (only?) luxury hotel in Osaka is the RC. IC's are often solid upscale hotels but rarely luxury hotels.

The IC London Westminster is a luxury hotel, best rooms, service, location, art, food and drinks, plus style. Highly recommended.

NickW Mar 29, 2013 10:10 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 20477542)

Originally Posted by instyleprincess (Post 20477573)
And there's St Regis Osaka.....!!

I haven't stayed at the St Regis, but I heard good things from a colleague. I have stayed a couple of times at the Ritz Carlton: it's a very solid hotel. But I think those are generally considered the only contenders.

The IC looks to be be less than a kilometre form the RC, just on the other side of Osaka Station.

RichardInSF Mar 29, 2013 5:51 pm

I forgot about the St Regis Osaka. I am just back from Japan and was going to try the RC, but the visit to Osaka got canceled. Will probably try to get to the RC on my next trip.

And I didn't realize there was an IC Westminster! I have tried IC Park Lane once and won't likely be back again.

stimpy Mar 30, 2013 8:36 am

There are some IC's that are better than some Ritz C's, and if you book a top suite at a top IC it is definitely a luxury experience. However we have a special forum here for IHG and Starwood for the St. Regis properties. So you would best take those discussions there.

It's been a long time since I was in Osaka, but I thought the Prince hotel was nice for a business class hotel, and there are some luxury Ryokan's in Osaka.

offerendum Apr 2, 2013 12:51 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 20505431)
I have tried IC Park Lane once and won't likely be back again.

+1:(

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 20505431)
There are some IC's that are better than some Ritz C's

True! For example Amstel Hotel in Amsterdam, IC Berchtesgarden or Carlton Cannes.

tshep Nov 12, 2013 8:32 am

Does anyone have any recent experience to share, at this hotel? Thinking of a stay in December, in a Club Room.

Thanks in advance!

RichardInSF Nov 12, 2013 8:44 am

Given the turn this thread has taken, I believe that it will get better exposure in the FT dedicated IC forum, so I am going to move it there.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels

lsed Nov 12, 2013 11:22 am

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 20521013)
+1:(

True! For example Amstel Hotel in Amsterdam, IC Berchtesgarden or Carlton Cannes.

I've tried some of the almost top suites in these hotels

Park Lane - London Suite - absolutely awesome duplex suite same view as the lounge.

IC Berch - Panoramic Suite - awesome views, very friendly staff
Amstel - Royal Suite - great views from the suite, breakfast was lovely
Cannes - Greta Garbo Suite - much better than the 1 bedroom suite std upg for RAs but the service of the FD staff can be really off putting

docklander Nov 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by tshep (Post 21770887)
Does anyone have any recent experience to share, at this hotel? Thinking of a stay in December, in a Club Room.

Thanks in advance!

I went there in August .Cheapest room (circa £200) got RA upgrade to a nicely laid out suite .Only stayed one night but seems a pretty decent property. No idea with rgds to Club...

jpdx Nov 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Do we have some reviews of IC Osaka, especially w/r/t RA treatment? I've been trying hard to stay there, but have been put off by the rates ... 30k yen (and up) for the dates of my recent trips, while the St Regis was sub-20k. For reference, the SR is an excellent hotel with great SPG Plat treatment; wonderful breakfast, a couple of drink coupons, 3k/nt minibar allowance, and very consistent suite upgrades. Can the IC top that?

FelixKrull Nov 13, 2013 9:56 am

What a interesting forum. I joined myFlyerTalk only few minutes ago so If I made some mistakes I pray you to correct me. Forgive my poor English too.

What about the Hyatt Regency Osaka? It seems to be a good five star hotel even if often the Hyatt's brand "Regency" is not at the same level of outstanding single brand company such as Ritz-Carlton or St.Regis

jpdx Nov 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by FelixKrull (Post 21778021)
What a interesting forum. I joined myFlyerTalk only few minutes ago so If I made some mistakes I pray you to correct me. Forgive my poor English too.

What about the Hyatt Regency Osaka? It seems to be a good five star hotel even if often the Hyatt's brand "Regency" is not at the same level of outstanding single brand company such as Ritz-Carlton or St.Regis

Welcome to FT!

The HR Osaka is several notches below SR and RC, and has a very poor location. It's a business hotel more on par with the Westin and Hilton. Reasonable rates and good elite treatment, but IMO the only Hyatt worth considering in the region is HR Kyoto.