Tel +81 6-6374-5700

Link to Hotel
http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...ha/hoteldetail
www.icosaka.com/en/

Upgrade policy
according to this post by Raynyan, the hotel upgrades as following:

Rewards Club Members
Club Member/Gold: No upgrade
Platinum/Spire: One level upgrade depends on availability (Basically same to non-RA Ambassadors)

Ambassadors
#At least guaranteed as below, Club is not given for Non-Club category booking
Superior to Deluxe
Deluxe to Deluxe View
Deluxe View to Suite
Suite to Corner Suite
Corner Suite to same room with Suite rate

Club Room (Club Deluxe) to Club Deluxe View
Club Deluxe View to Club Suite
Club Suite to Club Corner Suite
Club Corner Suite to Executive Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Deluxe Suite to same room with Executive Suite rate

One Bedroom Superior Residence to One Bedroom Deluxe Residence
One Bedroom Deluxe Residence to Same Room + 10000pts
Two Bedroom Superior Residence to Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence
Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence to Two Bedroom Premium Residence (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Two Bed Room Premium Residence to same room with Two Bed Room Deluxe Residence rate

Royal Ambassador
Superior to Club Deluxe View
Deluxe to Club Suite
Deluxe View to Club Corner Suite

RA should not book Suite and Club Room
Both Deluxe Suite and Executive Suite are exception of two level upgrade.

Corner Suite to Executive Suite (or same room +10000pts, Depends on availability)
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Deluxe Suite to same room with Executive Suite rate

RA will be given Club access for all of Residence Room with one level upgrade.
No across the Bedroom category. (No upgrade from One Bedroom to Two Bedroom)
No upgrade to Three Bedroom Residence.
Print Wikipost

IC Osaka (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My full review of the Club InterContinental experience at this property is available in my latest trip report here:

A Five Star Journey Through Japan: Qatar Airways and Japan Airlines First Class
JapanFlyerT likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I booked one night at the IC Osaka using chase credit card certificate. I assume I shouldn’t expect anything huh? No upgrades and no lounge access? The credit card gives Platnium status. Which doesn’t seem like it’s worth anything.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Expect nothing and be surprised. However, even the "lowest category" rooms are very nice. I wouldn't worry, certainly good use of a certificate at this property considering the usual rates they charge.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA 1k, AA Exec Plat
Is there a fee to use the bath house? I know that the fitness center and pool are complimentary, but the website does not mention a price for the bath house. Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by flybyFIRE
Is there a fee to use the bath house? I know that the fitness center and pool are complimentary, but the website does not mention a price for the bath house. Thanks!
Complimentary for guests.
flybyFIRE likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by flybyFIRE
By bath house do you mean onsen?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by barracuda93
By bath house do you mean onsen?
No, their bathhouse is not a Onsen. Just huge public bath with sauna.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It is "onsen" style design and quite nice, but it does not use onsen water, but regular hot water. Still very good for a city hotel and works well in the absence of a true onsen bath that you may find at a ryokan or so.

Every now and then you may just have to remind other guests that it is a bath house and a certain etiquette is expected. The Japanese guest and especially the staff are too polite to say anything, but some people need to be reminded that it is a shared space with clearly posted rules and not their personal "mega hot tub" where they can sit in the water and hold loud marathon phone calls or watch TV dramas over speakers while sitting in the bath - yes you read correctly . The attachment of a person to their mobile phone must be very severe when you run around pretty much in your "birthday suit" in a wet, hot, humid space and still can't part with the device.

Last edited by demue; Dec 5, 2018 at 12:10 am
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
booked a month ago on the IHG app under members discounted rate, checked again today (biggest mistake ever) and the price went down 1/2
so much for the hotel demand and supply
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:00 am

Anyone know what the difference is between standard twin room vs the deluxe twin room?

I booked a standard room and was offered 4000 yen to upgrade to twin deluxe.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:43 am

Does anyone know the ingredients in the IC Osaka Original Scent? It's being sold for 4800 yen on their website but I'm too stingy to shell out that much for what is essentially air freshener lol. The scent of the hotel was probably the most memorable part of my stay there two years ago, still can't get over it to this day.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by divinebaboon
Does anyone know the ingredients in the IC Osaka Original Scent? It's being sold for 4800 yen on their website but I'm too stingy to shell out that much for what is essentially air freshener lol. The scent of the hotel was probably the most memorable part of my stay there two years ago, still can't get over it to this day.
Buy one and then you can get all the ingredients. Haha

do they give one out for free? I’ll be there March. I can take a pic of the ingredients if they provide one in the room like what Crowne Plaza does.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo

Buy one and then you can get all the ingredients. Haha

do they give one out for free? I’ll be there March. I can take a pic of the ingredients if they provide one in the room like what Crowne Plaza does.
Nah unfortunately they don't give them out. It's sprayed all over the hotel lobby, it's the first thing you smell when you arrive, and it is amazing.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:13 pm

Nah unfortunately they don't give them out. It's sprayed all over the hotel lobby, it's the first thing you smell when you arrive, and it is amazing.
ill have to remember to sniff really hard
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:34 pm

I couldn't agree more. I still remember this air freshener and still being sad that I was too greedy to spend the 4.8k Yen to buy it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.