Tel +81 6-6374-5700

Link to Hotel
http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...ha/hoteldetail
www.icosaka.com/en/

Upgrade policy
according to this post by Raynyan, the hotel upgrades as following:

Rewards Club Members
Club Member/Gold: No upgrade
Platinum/Spire: One level upgrade depends on availability (Basically same to non-RA Ambassadors)

Ambassadors
#At least guaranteed as below, Club is not given for Non-Club category booking
Superior to Deluxe
Deluxe to Deluxe View
Deluxe View to Suite
Suite to Corner Suite
Corner Suite to same room with Suite rate

Club Room (Club Deluxe) to Club Deluxe View
Club Deluxe View to Club Suite
Club Suite to Club Corner Suite
Club Corner Suite to Executive Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Deluxe Suite to same room with Executive Suite rate

One Bedroom Superior Residence to One Bedroom Deluxe Residence
One Bedroom Deluxe Residence to Same Room + 10000pts
Two Bedroom Superior Residence to Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence
Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence to Two Bedroom Premium Residence (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Two Bed Room Premium Residence to same room with Two Bed Room Deluxe Residence rate

Royal Ambassador
Superior to Club Deluxe View
Deluxe to Club Suite
Deluxe View to Club Corner Suite

RA should not book Suite and Club Room
Both Deluxe Suite and Executive Suite are exception of two level upgrade.

Corner Suite to Executive Suite (or same room +10000pts, Depends on availability)
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Deluxe Suite to same room with Executive Suite rate

RA will be given Club access for all of Residence Room with one level upgrade.
No across the Bedroom category. (No upgrade from One Bedroom to Two Bedroom)
No upgrade to Three Bedroom Residence.
Print Wikipost

IC Osaka (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by barracuda93
I find a point about location quite arguable.
sr= honmachi wherethere is nothing in a 15 min walking circle
ic: 5 mins walk to jr station thru 2 sets of footbridges and busstop to both airports of osaka. plus all the big name shops+ department stores.

what??
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by kaka

ic: 5 mins walk to jr station thru 2 sets of footbridges and busstop to both airports of osaka. plus all the big name shops+ department stores.

what??
But that bridges are.. way too long.
I love IC Osaka most but love SR too because it is closed to Shinsaibashi and a subway station.
I have to walk and walk and walk just to take a subway from IC..
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by kaka
SR is in walking distance to the city center, main shopping, clubbing and dining area, as well as to the bus terminal. Keihan line to Fushimi and Kyoto passes nearby.
IC is in a far end with nothing near.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:23 pm

I booked a Club Intercontinental King Room using my Ambassador certificate. The App is now showing the room as a Premium King room. I can’t see this listed when I search for that room type on a dummy booking. Is this one of those ‘artificial’ room categories? What should I expect?

Palmer
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Palmer
I booked a Club Intercontinental King Room using my Ambassador certificate. The App is now showing the room as a Premium King room. I can’t see this listed when I search for that room type on a dummy booking. Is this one of those ‘artificial’ room categories? What should I expect?

Palmer
Premium kings appear to be exclusively used as upgrade inventory from 'view' rooms. They are rather nice 57sqm suites with a separate bedroom and dressing room, their main shortcoming being a lack of views as AFAIK all of them face the neighboring office buildings. I find their layout well suited for longer stays where space becomes more important than views. In contrast to the residential units, the finishes and equipment are the same posh ones as in the hotel section; amenities are oversized, and the supply of tea bags etc. larger as well.
They are also equipped with a surprisingly loud Bose surround sound system with embedded speakers, which I will assume is not audible from other rooms.

https://www.icosaka.com/wp-content/t...emiumking1.jpg
https://www.icosaka.com/pdf/en/stay/..._King_1018.pdf
kaka and Palmer like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by monahos
Superb response. Thank you!

Palmer
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:02 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by barracuda93
SR is in walking distance to the city center, main shopping, clubbing and dining area, as well as to the bus terminal. Keihan line to Fushimi and Kyoto passes nearby.
IC is in a far end with nothing near.
JR Station Shinsaibashi is too crowded!
I guess that means we dont have to fight for rooms
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
I stayed at the IC Osaka recently for one night with points. Decided to ask for an upsell to Lounge access and was in for a surprise. The check in staff made a special offer of 40,000 Yen for one night for one person instead of the 50,000 Yen which was the standard upgrade rate for that day. They explained the ridiculous rate by stating that this was the difference btw. standard room and lounge access room at full occupancy(?). Quite a difference to the 26,000 Yen I was paying recently for one night for two persons at the ANA IC Tokyo on a Saturday night. After some bargaining I brought them down to 25,000 Yen.

I have to admit the lounge is really good. Tastefully furnished with nice views, and high quality food and drinks. The quality of the breakfast for example is way better than at the Noka Restaurant. Nevertheless, the access is hardly worth 25,000 Yen per person per night, certainly not 40,000 or 50,000 Yen. Also, I used the lounge twice. For cocktail hour around 7pm and for late breakfast at 10:30 am. On both occasions it was almost empty. So much for the full occupancy in relation to lounge access.

One positive surprise was the 2000 Yen food and drink credit I received as a Spire Amb (not valid for room service though).
Old May 5, 2019, 6:00 am

Spent two nights at IC Osaka late last month. Booked a Deluxe King with View and was upgraded to a 1 Bedroom Deluxe Residence with View. This felt like a decent upgrade, and the room we were put into was very nice. I'd guess the rate difference was around +15-20%. Didn't book or ask about lounge access. I got, and was expecting, the 2k Yen F&B credit, but the hotel did make an effort to make us aware of it as well which was nice. Even the basic rooms here seem to be pretty big, and between stays in more normal Japan sized hotel rooms the 74m^2 room we got here was a nice treat. Staff at check-in and the concierge were really helpful. We used their bag forwarding service to get our bags to Tokyo (while we went off hiking for 2 days). We asked at the desk, they confirmed with our next hotel, measured up our two bags, tagged them etc, left them at check-in, they were in our room when we got to Tokyo, and we were charged £16! This isn't just an IC Osaka service but I appreciated how easy they made the process.
Boraxo likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by shonanroger
One positive surprise was the 2000 Yen food and drink credit I received as a Spire Amb (not valid for room service though).
Shouldn't really be a surprise as this is now one of the standard benefits of the Ambassador programme: https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...ons#icbenefits

InterContinental Ambassador benefits

12. InterContinental Ambassador member benefits include:

a. Guaranteed one category room upgrade, based on room type purchased, will be assigned
b. Guaranteed Late check-out time of 4pm on day of departure
c. Complimentary mineral water daily
d. Complimentary Weekend Night
e. Complimentary premium Internet access will be provided in guest room only at select hotels where available for purchase
f. Single room rate for double occupancy
g. Guaranteed room availability for member’s room with 72 hour advance reservation.
h. A restaurants and bars credit of up to USD20, per stay, valid in select hotel restaurants, bars and minibar (excluding in room dining). Currency & credit varies by country and are subject to change:
i. United States of America USD20, Euro currency member states EUR15, United Kingdom GBP15, Thailand THB600, Australia AUD25, Japan JPY2000, Saudi Arabia SAR70, Malaysia MYR50, Indonesia IDR180,000, Vietnam VND280,000 (excluding Danang which is VND460,000), HKD135*
ii. All other countries: a credit of USD20 will be converted to local currency at local hotel exchange rate of the day
Boraxo likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by N1AK
We used their bag forwarding service to get our bags to Tokyo (while we went off hiking for 2 days). We asked at the desk, they confirmed with our next hotel, measured up our two bags, tagged them etc, left them at check-in, they were in our room when we got to Tokyo, and we were charged £16! This isn't just an IC Osaka service but I appreciated how easy they made the process.
wait can you tell me more about this service? For $16 They can help forward my luggage to the next hotel? For example if I’m going to move to Sheraton Tokyo Bay next by Disneyland. Does it have to be another IHG property or any hotel? Is it $16 per luggage?
Old May 5, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RedElmo

wait can you tell me more about this service? For $16 They can help forward my luggage to the next hotel? For example if I’m going to move to Sheraton Tokyo Bay next by Disneyland. Does it have to be another IHG property or any hotel? Is it $16 per luggage?

It's pretty common throughout Japan. Here's a link to one well-known company who offer the service and it's not just an IHG thing, your baggage can be transported between any two addresses. It's not always same day service though so need to check out the delivery times relevant to you. If it's not next day delivery, you'd need to pack a small overnight bag to see you through until your baggage appears.

Luggage Delivery Between Hotels | Traveling to Japan | YAMATO TRANSPORT GLOBAL

Worth contacting your hotel concierge to arrange for you.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Crofton138
It's pretty common throughout Japan. Here's a link to one well-known company who offer the service and it's not just an IHG thing, your baggage can be transported between any two addresses. It's not always same day service though so need to check out the delivery times relevant to you. If it's not next day delivery, you'd need to pack a small overnight bag to see you through until your baggage appears.

Luggage Delivery Between Hotels Traveling to Japan YAMATO TRANSPORT GLOBAL

Worth contacting your hotel concierge to arrange for you.

Ahhh I see. So about 2100 yen for a large luggage.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

This is a well-known popular service throughout Japan. You can learn more about it at Hints for first time visitors to Japan or by googling Black Cat.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:39 am

Ahhh I see. So about 2100 yen for a large luggage.
Our two bags were carry on size and it cost 2700 yen in total. We were going from IC Osaka to Solaria Ginza so not same brand or group, and that isn’t typically an issue. It’s a really useful service, especially if you want to do anything between hotels. Most JR stations have cheap lockers so you can leave bags there, but it’s a faff and not an option if you don’t want to go back to the station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.