Hotel indigo Barcelona Plaza Catalunya Master Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG, UA
Hotel indigo Barcelona Plaza Catalunya Master Thread

Planning a post cruise stay at this hotel in this coming May, but could not find any review. Any feedback ? How is the location, ...
Thank you.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20221876-post745.html
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:49 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
The hotel has only just come into the network...that's why you can't find anything.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I believe it just opened at the beginning of February. I am also going on a cruise this summer and put a reservation on points as the prices were high.

There are a couple of reviews on the site:
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/barc.../hotel-reviews

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Catalonia.html
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Rusell
The hotel has only just come into the network...that's why you can't find anything.
This is not anything:

Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by nicolas75
This is not anything:
Sorry..the hotel sounds and looks really good. I'm staying in Barcelona in July and booked the HIX instead back in Jan but now I wish I waited...
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG, UA
Thanks so much for all your reply.
One more question, will I get any benefits, e.g. free breakfast, upgrade room as a PC Platinum.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cruise603
Thanks so much for all your reply.
One more question, will I get any benefits, e.g. free breakfast, upgrade room as a PC Platinum.
I do not know many (if any) European IHG hotels offering free breakfast for Platinums when there is no lounge. You should book a breakfast included rate.

I was upgraded to an Executive room on high floor with cheapest advance rate without asking. Rooms with private courtyard terrace seem to be nice (but may lack privacy).
Old Mar 12, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by Rusell
Sorry..the hotel sounds and looks really good. I'm staying in Barcelona in July and booked the HIX instead back in Jan but now I wish I waited...
I have a four night stay booked there in April and will report back.. it looks great
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Buzzman
I have a four night stay booked there in April and will report back.. it looks great
Thanks Buzzman
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:30 am

I notice that the booking price has fallen substantially since I booked, down from close to 200€, advance pay per night to 128€, same room and rate.. I'm on 3 nights of an award stay and was going to pay for another night or two.. with rates dropping, I may change that...
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:16 pm

I have to echo everything Nicolas said nice about this place... we really like it... ended up with a couple nights at 110 euros.. an award night and two more at 127 euros... nice rooms... pleasant staff... yes a bit trendy but the room is very comfortable also opening up to a nice patio..
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: AC SE, IHG-Pt, HH-D, BW-D
Can anyone comment about this hotel's location in relation to the airport? I have a 10:00am flight out of BCN on a weekday. Will traffic be a problem?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macmet
Can anyone comment about this hotel's location in relation to the airport? I have a 10:00am flight out of BCN on a weekday. Will traffic be a problem?
Airport is close to Barcelona city centre (less than 20 minutes ride by cab).

The (very convenient, efficient, clean and cheap) airport shuttle stops at Plaça de Catalunya, only 5 minutes walk to the hotel.

http://www.aerobusbcn.com/index.php/en.html
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, IHG-Pt, HH-D, BW-D
Thank you Nicolas.

Unfortunately I am going to be dropping off a car rental at the airport at the same time, so I cannot really take a shuttle and will have to drive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.