Wiki Posts
Search

IC Westminster vs Crowne (The City)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
IC Westminster vs Crowne (The City)

I will be in London with my teen daughter for a long weekend (Thursday check-in, Monday check-out) in early March. I'm a Platinum Royal Ambassador and will be using points for the stay.

The pan is to visit the usual tourist sights during the day and watch a show every night to end the day. Will be using the public transportation exclusively.

Which property is better located for this type of trip? And which property treats customer with status better?

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Blue
I have stayed in both hotels this year.

Both recognised my Platinum status and I received a room upgrade.

Both are convenient for the tourist sights, though depends which ones are top of your list, and OK for the shows.

Both have the Underground very close. The IC Westminster has better access to bus routes.

IC rooms have more of a Wow factor - might impress your daughter?

I recommend both!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
The IC has better bathrooms (and of course the rooms are newer) and more impressive public space, but the Executive rooms (which are the typical UGs on award stays) are smallish--the room I had on my one stay (though it was a paid one) at the CP was definitely larger. At the CP I was given Club access as a Platinum (but again, that was a paid stay); they are not giving it to RAs at the Westminster. Staff at the IC is much, much better.
Do beware of possible tube weekend closures and what that will do to transportation ease; in particular, the Circle and parts of the District line seem to shut down nearly every weekend--you can check the schedule for planned weekend closures at www.tfl.gov.uk.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Why are you not considering the IC Park Lane?

It's right next door to the tube so theatre area very easily accessible.

You won't get free club access on points but you will get an upgrade and have a great mini bar.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:06 pm

I have stayed in all three in the past couple of months. And my opinion is as follows:

CP City is certainly going to give you PCR recognition with upgrade to club room and free Internet and unlimited movies....I have stayed on a non qualifying rate and received all the benefits so imagine a reward night will be no different. Club lounge during evening drinks gets very busy. Drink selection during evening drinks is good, but its a very small club lounge - and in my opinion needs to be made bigger and have more space between tables which are almost on top of one another.

IC Park Lane has an excellent mini bar (one of the best In all the IC's I have been to). You won't get club lounge access on reward nights - but they will honour all benefits. Upgrade you should get either an executive room, or a one bed suite without lounge access (if your lucky, but worth requesting).

IC Westminster when I stayed on both occasions had a pretty poor minibar however this might have changed since they are nearing their official grand opening. Service is top class and although the club lounge was not open when I stayed - I am fairly sure you won't get access as a royal ambassador. The rooms are finished to a very high standard and the lounge is very well designed. Concierge is great and th pie hotel is located right in front of St James Park tube station and next door to New Scotland Yard

My personal recommendation - if you want to get the most of you RA status, it would have to be Park Lane....put in a request for a suite early and you should get lucky
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by rfrost
The IC has better bathrooms (and of course the rooms are newer) and more impressive public space, but the Executive rooms (which are the typical UGs on award stays) are smallish.
We cannot say that anything is typical at this hotel which is having its grand opening tonight. But I have just been upgraded to a Studio Suite on an award stay.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:19 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
We cannot say that anything is typical at this hotel which is having its grand opening tonight. But I have just been upgraded to a Studio Suite on an award stay.
The extra 2.5 inches will come in very handy for a stimpy ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.