Crown Plaza- San Diego [Master Thread]

Old Feb 5, 13, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy PLT, Hilton Diamond
Crown Plaza- San Diego [Master Thread]

This past weekend I was in San Diego for a quick job, I booked at the Crown Plaza while I was at the airport in Phoenix. I was upgraded to the 8th floor the "executive" floor. I was impressed with the front desk staff, however, the room was VERY dated... It had this large and I mean LARGE armoire in the room, that was screaming 1980's.... I was given free parking because of the floor I was, a breakfast vouchure since the lounge was not open on the weekend, which was better then the crap that is served in the club. The grounds were well kept, but I think the rooms are in desprate need of an update.

Question, I was never asked this before, I was given an option of checking at 2pm, is this a new benny for PLT or becasue of being on the "Excutive floor"?
Old Feb 6, 13, 12:49 am

Programs: NZ *E, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum, Accor Advantage Plus
It's a platinum benefit.

With most properties you have to ask for it but there are some that will offer it.
Old Feb 6, 13, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by davidrnz View Post
It's a platinum benefit.

With most properties you have to ask for it but there are some that will offer it.
Is this only at Crown Plaza hotel's or at any IHG property's? I have never been asked this before.
Old Feb 6, 13, 12:00 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by davidrnz View Post
It's a platinum benefit.

No it is an entry level PCR CLUB level benefit. Worth having membership just for 2pm late checkout IMHO

Ref Club Level Benefits bullet

o Receive complimentary weekday newspaper and extended check-out until 2 p.m. upon request and availability†
Old Dec 31, 15, 6:30 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Anyone staying here in January?

If anyone is going to be here in January and visiting the Zoo PM me for some special offers.
Old Dec 31, 15, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Been staying there since it became a Crown Plaza. Nice place, currently undergoing an upgrade, which has not made it all the way around.

They are getting rid of all the huge furniture, some of the newer stuff I like, but nothing exciting.

We can disagree on what I feel is well stocked generous Lounge. Nice staff there as well. I like the location, corner of the 5 and the 8.

Obviously YMMV.