Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New Rates from January 18 (List of reduced / inrcreased reward levels)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Rates from January 18 (List of reduced / inrcreased reward levels)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by ag51
Although HI Derby (nearly new, decent city centre property) now 15k, while the HIX Derby (older, cheaper and poorly located) is still 20k. Weird
Having been to both I prefer the out of town one. The city centre one has no parking and is in a busy area, although easy to get a kebab at night! (Alos little is any plat recog, but mute point as none with HIX either).

I suppose it depends on why you are going and if you drive. If you want to go around the city then HI is in a good location, but as a driver it is a pain to park.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Having been to both I prefer the out of town one. The city centre one has no parking and is in a busy area, although easy to get a kebab at night! (Alos little is any plat recog, but mute point as none with HIX either).

I suppose it depends on why you are going and if you drive. If you want to go around the city then HI is in a good location, but as a driver it is a pain to park.
yes holiday inn garden court a1 sandy-bedford for 10k all year round, will be my stayover now if travelling in and out of london for sure

as mentioned earlier if you can stay out of town you will score with this development
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Paris

IC's both 50k
CP 45k
HI 30k/35k, but less outside the peripherique
HIX both 30k
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:30 am

Anyone called the PCR centre to book on the old rates if their preferred hotel has gone up?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: Some, not all.
CP Key West now up to 45k

Has anyone found lower rates for somewhere you'd might actually want to go?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:36 am

BIG devaluation

From what I've checked so far this is a BIG devaluation
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 21H21J
CP Key West now up to 45k

Has anyone found lower rates for somewhere you'd might actually want to go?
Yeah the trick is finding all those hotels that went down in price. Well at least PC is giving everyone 2 months to book hotels that went up at the old rates. But nonetheless, changes are disappointing.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by 21H21J
Paris

IC's both 50k
CP 45k
HI 30k/35k, but less outside the peripherique
HIX both 30k
yet the most convenient one of all if on business in pariss the HI at charles de gualle airport is down to 20k, boost
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
IC Duesseldorf & IC Frankfurt: 45K (were 30K)
HIX Duesseldorf city north: 35K (was 15K I think)

HIX DUS for 35K is hopefully a very bad joke (rate is regularly approx. 60 Euro)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: SQ
Asia is ok mostly with new rates....

Seems like they just raised in places that are well-known, even if they're not expensive properties - such as some of the london ones.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by ehud
From what I've checked so far this is a BIG devaluation
From what I have seen and am reading if you are staying in a large European city I agree. Some of their outlying properties are a better match with reality

Belfast is generally up 5k
Glasgow CP, HIE and HI -5k
Aberdeen HI -5k Others are No Change
Gloucester HIE -5k Others No Change (Not sure why the HI is still 25k when HIE is now 15k. Proximity to chltenham?)
Bristol generally looks to be down -5k except the HIE City center
Salisbury HI -5k

Honestly I am not sure how I feel about this. I am happy that some of their outlying properties are a lower valuation as I tend to use those frequently. Its a shame that some of their city ones are up as some of those were a good value but I never ended up using IHG for those anyway. So this is good news for me (right now anyway) but I can see it generally being bad news for a lot of IHG members
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by canesfan
Yeah the trick is finding all those hotels that went down in price. Well at least PC is giving everyone 2 months to book hotels that went up at the old rates. But nonetheless, changes are disappointing.
Well yeeha , the HIX Kingsport Tennessee went from a completely unreasonable 25K to a still unreasonable 20K.

But the HIX Johnson City went from an inexplicably reasonable 10K to 15K.

I was just checking as I visit that area a lot.

David
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Overall China seems to be down by 5k each property, except a few like Indigo Shanghai is up to 30k. IC Expo back down to 30k; HI Downtown (best value for Plats) is down to 10k from 25k, IC Chengdu down to 25k.

Looking at EU properties, CP Fukuoka (up to 35k), ANA Sapporo to 40k, and some others this is a massive devaluation for desirable properties.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Jan 18, 2013 at 7:46 am
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Well, I decided to check the 4 IHG hotels I've stayed at with points in the last year, and 3 of them have gone down - which of course bugs me, because they're fewer points than what I paid for them...

-Holiday Inn Montreal/Pointe Claire: went from 20,000 to 15,000, and as it's recently (and very nicely) renovated, a pretty good bargain if you don't mind being in the 'burbs;

-Holiday Inn Turin City Centre: went from 25,000 to 20,000, a good hotel in a very central location;

-Holiday Inn Express Rome - San Giovanni: went from 25,000 to 20,000 - it's fairly ordinary and a bit thread-bare, but perfectly acceptable, with a pretty good breakfast spread, and very handy for the train.

Holiday Inn Genoa remains at 15,000 - which is a bargain, as this was probably my nicest HI stay of the Italy trip.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Here's an odd one:

The IC Cleveland Suites is still 30K, but the IC Conference Center (which is almost always more expensive) went down from 30K to 25K.

Other Cleveland area noticeable changes:
CPs gone down to 20K
Candlewood Suites to 10K

DC:
Willard and CP Hamilton unchanged
HI Washington Capitol and Washington White House and Rosslyn at 35K
HI Washington Georgetown at 30K, CP @ DCA - 30K, HI Arlington @ 30K

Chicago area:
IC Mag Mile down to 45K (although still usually a miserable value)
HIX Mag Mile @ 35K (up from 25K)
CP Mag Mile @ 40K
HI Chicago Mart Plaza @ 35K
All other downtown properties @ 35K
IC ORD @ 25K (down from 30K)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.