2013 Pointbreaks discussion

Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:47 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
If you had to choose between CP Verona or CP Padua (both without a car) which one from those in the know here?
thanks
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Minibar, lounge, 3x valet daily etc on PBs as RA at Sandton IC^
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:36 pm

In the middle of a two night stay at the CP Detroit Pontchartrain on PB. Received suite upgrade and vouchers for full breakfast at the hotel's Jefferson House restaurant as Platinum ^

The staff here is extremely friendly and breakfast was tasty. The hotel was recently renovated before opening under the CP flag back in June - the exec floor is still being renovated but they said that Golds and Platinums would have full access when it opened. Overall a solid stay!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by AlamoYankee
The price has gone up. 20K will cost $140 now, and you need 5,000 points to start the process.

Step by step instructions:

http://milevalue.com/priority-club-p...s-this-spring/
Is there a limit to how many times you can do this? I've searched, and don't see anybody getting cutoff, so just curious. Thank you.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:18 pm

Can't believe the IC Marcaibo is still on the list.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 2:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shimon
Can't believe the IC Marcaibo is still on the list.
You would understand why once you start to search for airfares to Marcaibo...
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
You would understand why once you start to search for airfares to Marcaibo...
I plan to burn some M&M miles to get there and I have still miles left, so if somebody want to join, PM)
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:50 pm

I'm generally of the opinion that 10-14 days is a good max for a hotel stay before moving on, but if another new indigo / rehabbed crowne plaza comes up in the next pointbreaks list I'll be tempted to consider a 3-4 week stay...

Any thoughts on how long is too long to stay at a hotel on a pointbreaks rate? On a rewards or heavily discounted rate in general?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by lowimpact
Any thoughts on how long is too long to stay at a hotel on a pointbreaks rate? On a rewards or heavily discounted rate in general?

I stayed for a month on the last one and loved it!! But I was visiting with friends.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: Miles and More
Tried to book HI Brussels airport, but it only shows regular award rates at 30k, despite being on the PB list. I have not seen such thing before, just the other way around - hotel dropped from the list, but PB rates are still avaialable for some time.

Mods- are we going to have a new thread for 2014?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
I'm generally of the opinion that 10-14 days is a good max for a hotel stay before moving on, but if another new indigo / rehabbed crowne plaza comes up in the next pointbreaks list I'll be tempted to consider a 3-4 week stay...

Stayed 40 day over a two month period on point break to avoid the daily commute. The cost of gas exceeded the cost of the points so quite the bonus in both time and money.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

If there is a good hotel on the list in one of my target cities I will usually try to stay for the whole Pointbreaks period as it is such a great deal and much cheaper than a good serviced apartment. I've never had problem with the hotel staff, in fact I've been upgraded on most of my stays and have almost always received full plat amenities.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:31 pm

One of these hotels is actually ideal for an upcoming wedding I'm attending. If I'm considering doing a "pointsbreak block" any suggestions for ensuring everything goes smoothly?

For example is there any reason for me to not just book a block of rooms myself if they're available vs. individual bookings? I really want to jump on this deal, but want to ensure there aren't any related headaches for other guests.

Its quite cumbersome actually,looking to get multiple rooms on a PB reservation.U can only book 1 room at a time,later one has to duplicate the reservations.One cant book multiple rooms at one time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.